"An unexpected disconnection occurred." on Act 2 Boss

At precisely 9AM UTC on the 23rd of Jul (approx 1 hour and 26 minutes ago) I got the "An unexpected disconnection occurred." error. This was as I was fighting the new Act 2 boss.
Seems like the disconnects are back. I just had one (1 pm CET) on the second level of the pyramid and then had real trouble getting back into the game at all (log in, click on waypoint, *poof*, log in, click on waypoint... four times until I got a stable game). Also, I've noticed increased rubberbanding.
"
Alysma wrote:
Also, I've noticed increased rubberbanding.

This too, but it's kinda normal for the high load days like today I think.
I'm getting them constantly, after about 30 seconds in-game. Doesn't matter if I change realm or character.
I've tried reinstalling the game, but to no avail.
Started happening yesterday evening.

Should I make a seperate thread on this issue?
WINMTR-v0.92

Sounds like there is an issue from you to them.

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
"
WINMTR-v0.92

Sounds like there is an issue from you to them.

Indeed it does, that's why I tried reinstalling.

Not sure what to do about it though =/
i had some of the same issues today. well earlier. havent went to bed yet :/ been a long 2 days and i cant sleep. but thats my issue. tried making a new build last night to clear my head and i just keep getting walloped with disconnections. tried each server and still getting it. reset router. kept it unplugged for an hour to get a new ip did speedtest and nothing. still getting the errors although my connection is looking quite good. latency is hitting me hard too ill move freeze unfreeze click to move freeze then get unexpected disconnection
"
nickyptwo wrote:
i had some of the same issues today. well earlier. havent went to bed yet :/ been a long 2 days and i cant sleep. but thats my issue. tried making a new build last night to clear my head and i just keep getting walloped with disconnections. tried each server and still getting it. reset router. kept it unplugged for an hour to get a new ip did speedtest and nothing. still getting the errors although my connection is looking quite good. latency is hitting me hard too ill move freeze unfreeze click to move freeze then get unexpected disconnection

Well if there's any group of people that would understand someone having sleep pattern issues - or other "light" psychological problems - it's got to be gamers :P

Seems like we're experiencing the same disconnection issue. Now the question is: What do we do?
I've been getting disconnects as well for the last few days. I just killed Meril, portaled back to town to sell items so I could grab a second batch, and was disconnected. Now I'll need to go back and do the entire run again (and hope not to disconnect).

It would be nice if when a disconnect happens and you log back in right away that the game would start you back were you were instead of town. I've become over-leveled simply due to disconnects forcing me to repeat sections
Try following these steps, to generate a report of where the connection is causing problems when you disconnect:

"
Thomas wrote:
Could I get you both to send me some MTR output? Preferably taken while you're experiencing problems in game.

You can download WinMTR from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/files/

To use it just run the appropriate exe (32 bit or 64 bit), enter the hostname in the "Host" box, and click start.

Once the "Sent" column shows at least 50 click "Copy Text to clipboard", and paste the results into an email to support@grindinggear.com (you can then just close WinMTR).

- Edit
I would like you to get output for the game server you are currently connnected to. To get the server's IP, go to the folder you installed PoE in and open the "logs" subfolder, then open the "Client.txt" file. The file will probably be quite large, but scroll to the bottom and find the last occurance of this line:

2012/03/27 10:33:25 3917590 50 [INFO Client 3768] Connecting to instance server at 127.0.0.1:12345

In this example the server is 127.0.0.1 (do NOT test with that IP though, it's just an example). Use the IP you find there in WinMTR in the "Host" box.
- End edit

Thanks if you're able to do this, if you have any problems with it let me know.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info