0.9.11 Two-week Hardcore Race League

To celebrate the release of 0.9.11 (and to get us balance feedback from a restricted economy), we'll be running a two-week hardcore league.

The event will run from noon New Zealand time on Wednesday (July 25 2012). This is 5pm Tuesday, Pacific time. Here is a link for more time zone conversions. It will run until the same time two weeks later.

The league will be hardcore. Characters who die will be moved out of this league and into the Default league. NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE CREATED IN THIS LEAGUE TO BE ELIGIBLE. After the end of the league, they'll be moved back into the normal Hardcore or Default league depending on whether they died.

Prizes:
At the end of the league, we will award the prizes in the Hardcore league on a character that we add to your account. If you want to transfer these prizes to the Default league, then just kill that character. Prizes are determined by looking at the total experience of characters that are still alive on the ladder.

The top five players will receive a Vaults of Atziri (Unique Map).

The top ten players will also receive a Demigod's Presence (Unique Amulet).

The top players will also receive microtransaction credit for use in our cosmetic shop. This credit will last forever, so you can spend it in Open Beta when we have more things for you to purchase!
  • #1: 500 Points (valued at $50)
  • #2: 400 Points (valued at $40)
  • #3: 300 Points (valued at $30)
  • #4-5: 200 Points (valued at $20)
  • #6-10: 100 Points (valued at $10)
  • #11-20: 50 Points (valued at $5)

For the following prizes, we will examine only the highest level character on each account that is still alive at the end of the race.

All characters over level 80 will receive 1000 random currency items.
All characters over level 70 will receive 350 random currency items.
All characters over level 60 will receive 150 random currency items.
All characters over level 50 will receive 75 random currency items.
All characters over level 40 will receive 25 random currency items.
All characters over level 30 will receive 10 random currency items.

Random currency items are selected (with equal weighting) from this list:
  • Divine Orb
  • Exalted Orb
  • Regal Orb
  • Gemcutter's Prism
  • Blessed Orb
  • Orb of Regret
  • Orb of Scouring
  • Chaos Orb
  • Orb of Alchemy
  • Glassblower's Bauble
  • Chromatic Orb
  • Orb of Fusing
  • Orb of Chance

The game version will be whatever the current 0.9.11 version is. There will be patches to this version during the league that may affect balance. Please note that because this is a hardcore league, a single death can disqualify your character.

Our decision on the winners is final. Bugs and mistakes will get in the way for many players and this is why we are running an event like this. If you lose your ability to participate due to a bug, please tell us about it and we'll do our best to fix it. We can't change the outcome of the event due to this.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 7, 2012, 8:45:06 PM
sound's fun, count me in i guess, i live in saskatchewan canada so not very good with time zones lol. ahhh ok never mind 18:00 hour's =5:00 pm lol
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
Last edited by Nuitariwolf on Jul 23, 2012, 12:06:16 AM
Having to work weekends, I always miss out on the 3-hour races. Thank you.
I dare you to make it cut-throat.
IRON MAN
What a great idea!!! Hope this goes well and there are more in the future.

To busy in the summer to fully participate.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
About time! I always miss the weekend race due to work. This is gonna be fun!
Not really good idea how i think.
People who have a lot of time will win. A lot of players may find 2-3 hour in weekend to try win some stuff but 2 weeks...
Also there no prizes for best in every class, what too not good, 20 marauders+witch ( just for example) may easy win all prizes.
And if you try play this race but dont have alot of time ,you not enter top 20 and will have nothing...alot of "fun".
About points its looks like a good idea, but why not just award some visual styles what will later available in OBT+ some stash pages?

So nice idea but prizes only for "chosen ones". Maybe you add some prizes for top 5 in each class, also for reaches high lvl?

P.S. Don't forget about bot and shared accounts where people may play 24 hours per day. I hope you will check this.
ign: Bikvin
Last edited by triada13 on Jul 23, 2012, 12:30:17 AM
"
triada13 wrote:

Also there no prizes for best in every class, what too not good, 20 marauders+witch ( just for example) may easy win all prizes.

So nice idea but prizes only for "chosen ones". Maybe you add some prizes for top 5 in each class, also for reaches high lvl?

The reason we haven't given prizes for each class is because we don't want to encourage players to play classes for any reasons other than gameplay ones. We want to find the broken classes. If the ladder is all witches, then we know what we need to improve.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
it's 2 weeks man, build defensive and win imo.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
"
triada13 wrote:
Not really good idea how i think.
People who have a lot of time will win. A lot of players may find 2-3 hour in weekend to try win some stuff but 2 weeks...
And if you try play this race but dont have alot of time ,you not enter top 20 and will have nothing...alot of "fun".
About points its looks like a good idea, but why not just award some visual styles what will later available in OBT+ some stash pages?

P.S. Don't forget about bot and shared accounts where people may play 24 hours per day. I hope you will check this.

I have to agree with this. I play solo and I know I have no chance against those who have more spare time and a group of friends to play with. I play in the 3 hours when I have the morning free, but with these reduced incentive, I don't see any reason to participate :(

Any chance we could get a solo only race sometime?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info