So, the Blood Magic based Witch was "not intended"?

Why would a templar use a bow?
Why would anyone make obscure builds that go against the cooke cutter nature of their role.

Dunno, why not?

"
GETTING BLOOD MAGIC ON A WITCH IS LIKE A REALLY GOOD COMPARATIVE EXAMPLE - IT'S CONCISE, WITTY AND GETS THE POINT ACROSS. ALSO IT'S A STUPID IDEA, DON'T GET BLOOD MAGIC ON A WITCH. MAKE A MARAUDER INSTEAD.

You make me sad.
EVERY character need Blood Magic. Make one keystone each as a third starting point from all character classes.

I'm kidding.

I'm not.
"
Herborist wrote:
I can understand making it longer for witches, but why is it longer for marauders as well?

I see what you mean but I think the primary keystone for marauder would have to be Resolute Technique (RT).

Now the problem seems that RT is 14 away from marauder while CI is only 10 away from witch. Even Pain Attunement is only 13 away from the witch.

This thread is going places :>
Logically, of all the classes the Witch has least use for the Blood Magic keystone, and the Marauder the most. So I think the positioning makes sense.

"Not intended" is a slightly harsh way of interpreting it. The patch notes say: "Builds requiring many cross-tree notables and keystones made more costly." More costly; not undo-able.

Besides, there's always the support gem?
"
Dreggon wrote:
I can feel the IRON MAN WITHIN coming to the fore. WHY WOULD YOU GET BLOOD MAGIC AS A WITCH? THE MAIN STATISTIC OF THE CLASS IS INTELLIGENCE, WHICH DIRECTLY INCREASES MANA.

GETTING BLOOD MAGIC ON A WITCH IS LIKE A REALLY GOOD COMPARATIVE EXAMPLE - IT'S CONCISE, WITTY AND GETS THE POINT ACROSS. ALSO IT'S A STUPID IDEA, DON'T GET BLOOD MAGIC ON A WITCH. MAKE A MARAUDER INSTEAD.

The point here is that they removed our freedom to choose. The Blood Magic Witch might have been at a disadvantage compared to the Marauder, but it was still a very viable build.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
jawsofhana wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
I can feel the IRON MAN WITHIN coming to the fore. WHY WOULD YOU GET BLOOD MAGIC AS A WITCH? THE MAIN STATISTIC OF THE CLASS IS INTELLIGENCE, WHICH DIRECTLY INCREASES MANA.

The point here is that they removed our freedom to choose. The Blood Magic Witch might have been at a disadvantage compared to the Marauder, but it was still a very viable build.

I would like "Arrow Dodging" for my witch, why isn't it easy for my witch to get? I have no freedom to choose :-( *Sarcasm*

If you are lucky, there might be a payment option to make your Marauder look like a squishy woman, if that is so important to you :p
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by ongZ on Jul 23, 2012, 9:15:05 AM
"
Dreggon wrote:

Classic Dreggon! I lol'd. IRON MAN!
Why cant they put duplicates of the same keystone in different spots?
So the challenge was increased. So now making off-class builds isn't as easy.

So what? Still not impossible. So rise to the challenge or dismiss it as not worth your time and build something else.

Also, you're awesome Dreggon. AWESOME I SAY.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
I suppose that's one way to spin it.

Not sure why cross-class and/or "odd" builds were made "more costly". All it does is take away freedom of choice and steer us into cookie-cutter land.
Last edited by brgillespie on Jul 23, 2012, 10:32:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info