So, the Blood Magic based Witch was "not intended"?

I was really enjoying my Blood Magic based Witch and was wondering if the option to go mana-less was moved to the other end of the tree to detour players from choosing it again?

Possible to get again? of course, but with a lot of pain. Was just wondering if this was specifically thought and talked about, or did it just happened because it happened?

Alteration Orb Union Local #7
Equal parts Cocteau Twins & Gang Starr
Last edited by PlNK on Jul 23, 2012, 12:27:56 AM
You can still get to it. Do you see how big that goddamn tree is? Probably 1/500 chance it was gonna be where you wanted it. DON'T MESS THIS UP FOR US YOU FILTHY CASUAL
"
Treble wrote:
You can still get to it. Do you see how big that goddamn tree is? Probably 1/500 chance it was gonna be where you wanted it. DON'T MESS THIS UP FOR US YOU FILTHY CASUAL

Go sit on a big one dork-wad. Your not a paying customer either, so you are just as casual and filthy.

And as to your 1/500... not gonna buy it. Witches cast spells (often), so the ability to choose to do so out of your life pool is a major and important choice, not just some random passive that was neat to have.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
Equal parts Cocteau Twins & Gang Starr
Last edited by PlNK on Jul 22, 2012, 11:57:11 PM
Holy shit am I reading this right? Playing a game for free makes you casual? Thanks for making my night son.
...did I just walk in on an S&M session?
Calm down... This thread isn't about who's a casual player.

I think it's fair to say that a Blood Magic witch isn't intended to be easy to build. The keystone seems to be designed for characters who have high life pools, and the stock witch doesn't fit the bill. It makes a lot of sense for it to be a strength-based keystone, and therefore difficult to get for non-strength classes.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jul 23, 2012, 12:42:48 AM
Well, I still retain the old skilltree data (backup the data folder) and you can see that blood magic was 9 points, now is 20. A bit harsh there imho. As you can get like 65 points at most right now. But it IS a bit easier to get some of the keystones for witch now. Also you could roll with support gems for blood magic...

I agree some skill choices have gotten a bit hard to pick. Not sure if I like it, though I like the new skilltree overall.

Having "defined" classes could be achieved in another way, maybe by giving each class some unique skills that others wouldn't be able to access ever (gw dualclass comes to mind and their primary attribute).

As for newbies screwing up their builds... well, you could always add some visual cues for them, no?

So all this raging has some validness in it, though why rage? You could stay civil while trying to prove your point.
It is 20 points compared with 9 but it's not exactly like path there doesn't allow access to the center area or other benefits along the (now longer) way.

I think people got used to blood magic when it was in the center. I'd ask what right did it have to be in the middle before as opposed to any other keystone?

Comparatively things seem fairer now.
I can feel the IRON MAN WITHIN coming to the fore. WHY WOULD YOU GET BLOOD MAGIC AS A WITCH? THE MAIN STATISTIC OF THE CLASS IS INTELLIGENCE, WHICH DIRECTLY INCREASES MANA.

GETTING BLOOD MAGIC ON A WITCH IS LIKE A REALLY GOOD COMPARATIVE EXAMPLE - IT'S CONCISE, WITTY AND GETS THE POINT ACROSS. ALSO IT'S A STUPID IDEA, DON'T GET BLOOD MAGIC ON A WITCH. MAKE A MARAUDER INSTEAD.
IRON MAN
"
siffin wrote:
It is 20 points compared with 9 but it's not exactly like path there doesn't allow access to the center area or other benefits along the (now longer) way.

I think people got used to blood magic when it was in the center. I'd ask what right did it have to be in the middle before as opposed to any other keystone?

Comparatively things seem fairer now.

I can understand making it longer for witches, but why is it longer for marauders as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info