So, the Blood Magic based Witch was "not intended"?

"
brgillespie wrote:
I suppose that's one way to spin it.

Not sure why cross-class and/or "odd" builds were made "more costly". All it does is take away freedom of choice and steer us into cookie-cutter land.
But that cookie-cutter land still has billions of possibilities. It's not like classes can only build 2 or 3 ways. You can still do the crazy builds, but they won't be quite as powerful. It's always been intended that a cross-class build will be inherently less powerful than the same build made on the correct class. The old tree didn't really accomplish this at all.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
So it's official now that PoE is rather class-based and not meant to be freeform builds with different starting locations on the web?
I'm not sure if people used to say hybrids or crossclass prior to 9.11 really.
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
"
ongZ wrote:
"
jawsofhana wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
I can feel the IRON MAN WITHIN coming to the fore. WHY WOULD YOU GET BLOOD MAGIC AS A WITCH? THE MAIN STATISTIC OF THE CLASS IS INTELLIGENCE, WHICH DIRECTLY INCREASES MANA.

GETTING BLOOD MAGIC ON A WITCH IS LIKE A REALLY GOOD COMPARATIVE EXAMPLE - IT'S CONCISE, WITTY AND GETS THE POINT ACROSS. ALSO IT'S A STUPID IDEA, DON'T GET BLOOD MAGIC ON A WITCH. MAKE A MARAUDER INSTEAD.

The point here is that they removed our freedom to choose. The Blood Magic Witch might have been at a disadvantage compared to the Marauder, but it was still a very viable build.

I would like "Arrow Dodging" for my witch, why isn't it easy for my witch to get? I have no freedom to choose :-( *Sarcasm*

If you are lucky, there might be a payment option to make your Marauder look like a squishy woman, if that is so important to you :p

But in the old tree you would've had that freedom. Which was the point made. Then again, this is probably exactly why they did this. I guess donation money might've made them greedy.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Last edited by jawsofhana on Jul 23, 2012, 2:07:18 PM
I do like the new tree but I also feel that our adventurous builds are now a LOT harder to make.

I currently have 22 high level characters of which the majority were built around the "Blood Magic" keystone.

In the case of the Marauder, where the "Blood Magic" keystone is the closest. Even here my level 62 Archer Marauder has become weak. There is no way that he is a viable "End Game" build and it really is sad.
I'm BACK :)
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Calm down... This thread isn't about who's a casual player.

I think it's fair to say that a Blood Magic witch isn't intended to be easy to build. The keystone seems to be designed for characters who have high life pools, and the stock witch doesn't fit the bill. It makes a lot of sense for it to be a strength-based keystone, and therefore difficult to get for non-strength classes.

Trust me if u dont have a large hp pool with a BM char u die way to fast to enemies notice u :)
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
brgillespie wrote:
I suppose that's one way to spin it.

Not sure why cross-class and/or "odd" builds were made "more costly". All it does is take away freedom of choice and steer us into cookie-cutter land.
But that cookie-cutter land still has billions of possibilities. It's not like classes can only build 2 or 3 ways. You can still do the crazy builds, but they won't be quite as powerful. It's always been intended that a cross-class build will be inherently less powerful than the same build made on the correct class. The old tree didn't really accomplish this at all.

Exactly. Still lots of options, but now there's class distinction too. Because really, it should be harder for a witch to act like a marauder and vice versa. It will make "cross-class" characters more satisfying when you manage to pull it off, whereas before it was largely quite effortless.
"
GinsooPanda wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Calm down... This thread isn't about who's a casual player.

I think it's fair to say that a Blood Magic witch isn't intended to be easy to build. The keystone seems to be designed for characters who have high life pools, and the stock witch doesn't fit the bill. It makes a lot of sense for it to be a strength-based keystone, and therefore difficult to get for non-strength classes.

Trust me if u dont have a large hp pool with a BM char u die way to fast to enemies notice u :)

A witch could easily get same hp pool as the other classes(100%+ health), and can gain even more now, with the new tree. But due to the core keystones have been moved way out of reach, leveling in order to get there, just became a lot worse.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info