Are there any plans for Asia server?

Loving this game, but was frankly surprised by the fact that there is no Asia server, when it is one of the biggest markets, and when the developers are from New Zealand (right? by the looks of the kiwi).

I'm getting pings in the 200~300, and it's playable, but noticing some lag.

Do you have any plans to implement Asia server in the near future?

Thanks.
"
Baptismbyfire wrote:
Loving this game, but was frankly surprised by the fact that there is no Asia server, when it is one of the biggest markets, and when the developers are from New Zealand (right? by the looks of the kiwi).

Thanks.

They are going to get a singapore server soon :)

PS. Welcome to the forums.
www.tachi203.com : For live streams, gameplay, news of me +(.

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. - Mohandas Gandhi
Last edited by tachi203 on Jul 22, 2012, 2:08:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

It's good to know!
"
tachi203 wrote:
"
Baptismbyfire wrote:

Thanks.

How do you know this? And... is it planned for the OB release? If so, sorry to all of my friends in the America's but I'm jumping ship and swimming there!
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
They never explicitly confirm of any asian servers because of price concerns.Singapore is a pretty good place to host one.

Pray hard i guess...
"
Shippal wrote:
"
tachi203 wrote:
"
Baptismbyfire wrote:

Thanks.

How do you know this? And... is it planned for the OB release? If so, sorry to all of my friends in the America's but I'm jumping ship and swimming there!

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/225445498683785217
"
It sounds like we're getting a Singaporean gateway to the Path of Exile beta realm soon. It'll hopefully be faster for Australians.

It's also important to note that if you decide to use the Singapore server, you'll still be able to user your character to play with your American friends. Choosing the Singapore gateway basically just means that if you create an instance, it'll be located in Singapore. If you party up with some Americans and they make an instance, it'll be located in America.
"
Wisdom wrote:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/225445498683785217
"
It sounds like we're getting a Singaporean gateway to the Path of Exile beta realm soon. It'll hopefully be faster for Australians.

It's also important to note that if you decide to use the Singapore server, you'll still be able to user your character to play with your American friends. Choosing the Singapore gateway basically just means that if you create an instance, it'll be located in Singapore. If you party up with some Americans and they make an instance, it'll be located in America.

Thanks for that info! That's actually really cool that in this game (rather than "that other game") your characters and such are not server-locked. :)
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
Singapore server goes live tomorrow.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
Singapore server goes live tomorrow.

Normal ping here we come!
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
I never expected to see a cent of what I put towards GGG so clearly affect my gameplay quality. Figured it'd just help pay for lots of pizza and soft drink.

Amazing. I feel such guilt for years of ingrained animosity towards New Zealanders.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info