Reality check and PoE

"
thevdende wrote:
Thought tourettes is a Handicap, I wouldent go so far as to say you are mentally challenged. I think theres not enough sunshine in Canada....

Are you one of those guys that look towards the sun with like a thousand other dudes? and always refuse to eat pizza that has pepperonis? Now they are fucked up. Ive seen mentally challenged and ill people but those guys take it to another level

I rather join the Westboro Church then take advice from you
Physically thrown out of church? Thats outrageous. Like poster above said, find support group instead. Or change religion?
"
BRavich wrote:

Church? Yeah if you want to play russian roulette with the advice you get and pity from your average deluded church goer.

Look for support groups. Contact an organization that can tell you about local mental health resources.

Everything in life is a gamble. Don't get me started on sharing some interesting stories about support groups going wrong. How often a support group leader is in fact a middle aged woman getting high on 'interesting' facts about people and sharing them eagerly with everone in her neighbourhood?
"
y135lc wrote:
Physically thrown out of church? Thats outrageous. Like poster above said, find support group instead. Or change religion?

I have to find a religion that accept me for who I am, and this is my belief in the afterlife http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY2-LGF7Ku4, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gantz

If there is no religion that can accept my belief, as part of their belief than there is no right religion for me.
"
y135lc wrote:

Or another church. This is the very first time I heared something crazy like this.

In 2013 it is a cool thing to bash churches. If one church is involved in a scandal people tend to say that all churches are the same. If that's the borderline we make on other subjects we would not be able to function in society. Meat is not all rotten, just because one slaughterhouse is found selling bad meat. Cars are not all bad, just because one company is found selling bad cars. (One? ;) ) Not all banks are evil. Not all white man rape children. Not all black people eat Kentucky Fried Chicken. Stereotypes are fun but essentially childish.
"
Kaw wrote:
"
y135lc wrote:

Or another church. This is the very first time I heared something crazy like this.

In 2013 it is a cool thing to bash churches. If one church is involved in a scandal people tend to say that all churches are the same. If that's the borderline we make on other subjects we would not be able to function in society. Meat is not all rotten, just because one slaughterhouse is found selling bad meat. Cars are not all bad, just because one company is found selling bad cars. (One? ;) ) Not all banks are evil. Not all white man rape children. Not all black people eat Kentucky Fried Chicken. Stereotypes are fun but essentially childish.

lol
"
Splib wrote:
..... At the end of the day, at least you're gaming to escape the world instead of drinking yourself stupid or doing illegal drugs/activities.

At first, i envy you for your balls OP.
Not everyone would tell this to complete strangers.
As for me, i love playing POE while drinking a beer or two after work while enjoying a reefer.(yes, i play default :-D)

I also envy you for living in canada, this vast and nice country, where you are still somehow connected to your roots(nature). I would love to sit outside, listening to the wind and watch nature!
Not like me in this grey city where you hear police sirens at best when u open the window!
As for that church, i can't believe it, it would be unthinkable here where i live.

Well all in all i don't play to escape from something, i just love playing!
And to those who say playing videogames is a waste of time....if you have fun wasting time its not wasted time!!

Keep your tail up OP!!
"If we don't end wars, wars will end us."
Last edited by S4l3m on May 24, 2013, 6:03:48 AM
"
thevdende wrote:
I play path of exile to get away from something too, mostly my gf and work. If real life offered me the oppertunity to slay hundreds of monsters in the manner of my choosing, I would not be playing poe.

Genius
"
hotaichu wrote:
I'm betting Charan is laughing when reading this, but what i wrote is the truth.

I feel nothing but very deep pity and a wish that I could somehow help you.

And an urge to move this to Off-Topic.

I can indulge at least one of these desires.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Thread makes me sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info