Item Allocation Specifics

Awwwwesome! Thanks GGG - you guys are the bestest ever! Now u damn ninjaz can go to hell. haha :p
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Thank you! Great news!
Excellent news!

I'll actually be able to play with pugs now.
"
Aux wrote:
"
Base types of the level of your world area or higher are also allocated. This only applies to level 60+ world areas.

Can you clarify what this means exactly?

Does it mean for example, if I'm in a lvl 66 map, any item with a level requirement of 66 or higher is automatically assigned (white items included)?

What about maps like level 75 maps where no items have level 75 requirement?

If you're in a level 62 area and a level 62-64 item drops, it gets allocated. A level 61 item does not.

If you're in a level 75 area, a level 74 item is not allocated.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
mustafa2812 wrote:
*starts slow clap*

But seriously, from what I understand, this means that if a white map drops in a group game then it is allocated to the maker but if a blue, yellow, or unique map drops it follows the regular allocation system? That just doesn't make sense to me. Map to maker should just mean map to maker. Correct me if I am understanding this wrong though.

We initially had it as "All Maps to Maker" but that took away all hope of getting Maps for the other players. Most of the Maps go to the maker under the new system.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Venceslau wrote:
Not instanced loot yet:(

They even go this far and still casuals cry. Just go back to D3, honestly. Please Chris, never do this, don't change the loot system ever again to please these 14yr olds, it's as close to instanced loot as it ever should be.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on May 24, 2013, 1:16:41 AM
This is great news for me. Sometimes I hit a lag spike and miss out on loot I'd love to have access to, and I don't think that's worth having the opportunity to occasionally pick up other players' Wisdom Scrolls.
IGN: Frostveil
I agree that there should be an option for all maps to maker.

M2M is M2M. who cares if its rare or magic. 95% of the time its getting re-rolled anyway.
I'm so glad you finally gave in on this issue, because FFA loot has kept me out of parties for the year or so that I've been playing. That said, I see myself having problems finding parties that have permanent allocation on and that will keep it on. I want to be completely segregated from FFA loot and players that prefer FFA.

The fact that loot types can't change mid-zone will avoid a lot of headaches, but the public party system could really use some way to specify that you only ever want to join and play in parties with a particular loot type, without any further negotiation with other players required.

In any case, thanks for making these changes. FFA loot has always been my biggest problem with the game.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
While if I had my way, it would always be FFA loot. I suppose it was bound to eventually happen that GGG would have to accommodate. I guess at least giving options is the best way to go.
At least I can finally turn off the annoying loot timers when I play with friends.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info