Item Allocation Specifics

This whole "Permanent allocation" sucks as hell.
Me and my friend playing characters up since the beta started.

We were glad that you bring in the option of permanent allocation so we don't have to discuss about every singel drop.
But this PA make us even more angry. I get like 100 Items allocated for me. And he gets like 60 or so.
And he is the one at the moment playing with rarity/quantity gear.
It's not good to stack such these things in a group in my opinion. You may get disappointed how much loot the others get compared to the loot that you get. I've got like 3 legendarys and even a exalt. Since that he just got a 20% quality chain. First I was mad the ge got the gem. But then the "RNG"-factor was on my side.
If there is any "RNG"-factor.
And it's not like that I get the best drops, if he is playing IR/IQ gear.
If I'm playing with such gear even then I'll get more loot.
You have to adjust some things to get this fixed. This doesn't even feel fair for me.

PS: Grammar mistakes may be there. Don't judge about my english skillz pls. :D
"
terrorist wrote:
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
It's one of the FEW things, that really work in Diablo 3 and nobody complains about that.

I guarantee you instanced loot was at one point heavily complained about. It's just that nobody had an idea on how to deal with pickit scripts, which GGG did with loot timers.

Also in D3, public grouping was awful so people didn't party so they had no reason to complain about instanced loot but there were tons of complaints about it up to the release of the game

B.S. Never saw a complaint in D3 up through completing all achievements and paragon100, but I am sure there are a few. For the most part, game play is very smoooth and games get created without a problem and there is too much loot.
☩ M̢͇A̢͍͈̞ͅU̙̻͚̞̘L̖̜̱ͅͅR̮̥͖̼̟Ą̜̖̟̭G̘͍͍̞̤O̢͍̘͕̤T̪͇͖̹̟H̯̩̬͇̻'͎̝͚͍̻S̟͉͇̯͜ ̮͉̩͉̺S̝̫̙̳̗H̙̦̜̘̼O̢̗̝͕̼P! ☩ http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/962273
Good to have this system implemented finally. I'm tired of getting ninja-ed on my lot (my lot in a sense of timed allocation as was originally implemented) in my game on my map.

I hate that. Somebody complains that this will somehow damage the competitiveness of this game, but those are bollocks.

If you want this type of competitiveness, you can make a game and put the option free for all.

I suspect the guys who don't like this system are just those guys who previously were just around to join other people groups to ninja stuff.
Let's see!?
At least tweak it ffs.. I'm sick of running 5+ maps and getting like 2-3 rares allocated to me, it's complete bullshit.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
i can foresee the next slowbie's request: permanent allocation of items until they delete their account because when already stuffed under the roof they can't leave the area without THEIR ITEMS becoming free for all.

Bah, too much work! Once the area is clear of monsters, my character should just be able to send a message to the nearest town vendor and have them come out to the instance, collect the loot and then deposit the corresponding sales currency in my stash. Items worth keeping can be marked for the vendor to clean and polish before putting into the stash.

If the vendors complain too much, we can exile them to some other lesser game.

ROTFL !!!!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
OP, can you edit your post to define how to set this within the UI?
20% Quality Gem Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1073061
Uniques: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1073096
Main Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1023587
Comprehensive POE Trade Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1074558
There is currently a bug introduced with last patch. game now doesnt show currency/rare and uniques that drop unless you are highlighted. This is when you have perm allocation chosen. I hope they will fix it! Since i almost alwyas play with items not higlighted, so I only get shown rare/currency and uniques and 6 sockets.
Could we set a timer for "short allocation"?

While I really dislike permanent allocation since then stuff you do not need goes to void (to others and respectively also to me from others), short allocation is - and that is only a topic of personal preference - slightly too short!
When there are 20 rares on the screen you can't choose immediatelly let alone during the fight that for the sake of fun should be slightly challenging. So an option to slightly increase the timer by like 1 second would be awesome :)

Another point about S.A.: While rares of course often a reason to share loot, currency is not. So to be honest it would be cool if Chaos Orbs, Exalds, etc would have a longer/perm allocation in short allocation (similiar to maps).

I think it is interesting that the developer prefers FFA :) Fair enough.
But to me I really enjoy taking care of the mobs first and then see what I have got, while that of course becomes less of a factor when areas get cleaned easy and fast. It's about less risk of your life with SA and PA...
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Jun 22, 2015, 5:49:53 AM
What I hate for 2.0 on the loot part is that not only RGB are not considered in the permanent allocation but as well the jewels, which I found a joke since it is a new item and everyone want them, hence ninja loot like hell party !
You are welcome to try if this did not happen to you yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info