Item Allocation Specifics

A party leader can choose from the following item allocation modes for his party in 0.11.0:
  • Free for All: Items are not allocated to players and can be picked up immediately.
  • Short Allocation: The exact system we have at the moment. Valuable* items allocate to a random nearby player for a short duration. There is a small bonus if you're far away from the item.
  • Permanent Allocation: Valuable* items allocate to a random nearby player.

*Valuable items are the ones that currently get allocated to players - Rare items, Unique items, Currency, Gems and Maps. We've also added items with four, five or six linked sockets to the valuable items list. Base types of the level of your world area or higher are also allocated. This only applies to level 60+ world areas.

The item allocation mode takes affect when an area is spawned. We wanted to avoid abuse cases where the party leader can change the allocation mode while their party is currently in an area. If you accidentally create an area with the wrong allocation settings, just make another.

Allocated items are still visible to everyone, but greyed out.

A frequently requested change is a "Map to Maker" system. Traditionally, players who want to play Maps with strangers run the risk of having the Map drops grabbed by people who didn't pay the cost to create the area. In 0.11.0, white Maps allocate to the creator of the Map for all types of parties. This will mean that it's safer allow friends or strangers into an area that you have spent a Map or currency on. Magic/Rare/Unique maps follow the normal loot allocation rules so it's still possible to find Maps if you are playing in someone else's area.

In all cases, items de-allocate if the allocated player leaves the area or if five minutes pass.

While I personally prefer the Free for All mode, I'm looking forward to improving the game experience for players who dislike item tension. We welcome your feedback on the above changes!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Aux wrote:
"
Base types of the level of your world area or higher are also allocated. This only applies to level 60+ world areas.

Can you clarify what this means exactly?

Does it mean for example, if I'm in a lvl 66 map, any item with a level requirement of 66 or higher is automatically assigned (white items included)?

What about maps like level 75 maps where no items have level 75 requirement?

If you're in a level 62 area and a level 62-64 item drops, it gets allocated. A level 61 item does not.

If you're in a level 75 area, a level 74 item is not allocated.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
mustafa2812 wrote:
*starts slow clap*

But seriously, from what I understand, this means that if a white map drops in a group game then it is allocated to the maker but if a blue, yellow, or unique map drops it follows the regular allocation system? That just doesn't make sense to me. Map to maker should just mean map to maker. Correct me if I am understanding this wrong though.

We initially had it as "All Maps to Maker" but that took away all hope of getting Maps for the other players. Most of the Maps go to the maker under the new system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info