Stuck in the loading screen

"
Surrma wrote:
Nope, I didn't use a VPN service. I refuse to pay or signup for a service to be able to download the game client from GGG. That, to me, is unacceptable. Users shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the client that way.

I was able to play this game flawlessly since January (up until recently) and if they cannot provide a way to download an uncorrupted version of their client I simply won't play the game anymore.

Thanks for your help and suggestions in the thread, it is much appreciated.

First off... not all VPN services cost money. I'm pretty sure the thread I pointed to about setting up the VPN has a free way to get connected to the VPN. A lot of people use it successfully to connect and download Path of Exile.

Secondly, it's not about the game company providing a way to download an uncorrupted version. The problem is that ISPs are stupid and try to do things for their users which most users don't actually really want or know that the ISP is doing. The problem is not with GGG in these cases... it's with the ISPs that are caching bad (old) data.

The reason you use a VPN to patch with is to bypass any chance of hitting the local ISP cache and getting a bad version. That's not on GGG but on the ISP, and ultimately on you as a user of that ISP.

There's still a possibility that the issue is not related to this, but it's worth exhausting all options. Generally, if problems start happening after patch, but they're not wide-spread, then the issue is related to a corrupt content file. These files only get corrupted from patching (for the majority of cases).. and they get corrupted through downloading an old file which the client thinks and labels as the new file. There's very little GGG can do about this other than completely change their patching methods to prevent an ISP from caching content.

Last I checked, they were still looking into options to prevent these problems, but it's a pretty big problem to tackle and is not easy.

So.. my recommendation still stands.. Check out the thread on how to connect to the VPN (it's in the consolidated sticky thread) then get it set up and working (it's free). Then delete/rename your content.ggpk file and while connected to the VPN, patch the whole thing again. See if it resolves your issue. If so, you know exactly what the issue is and how to avoid it in the future (and make a backup of the content file in case it happens again). If it doesn't fix your issue, then you've got something else going on.
I'll give it another go and check out your thread. I appreciate the effort you've put in trying to help us resolve this issue. Thank you.
sure thing. I just hope our works out for you so you can get back in the game.
I have to say, since I deleted the files, and just used the downloaded to repair my install, my game has been running better than it has in a VERY long time. I figured that my increased "suck" in getting the game to load was just my comp, but after having the installer repair my install, and then immediately defragging the content (did I mention I did that after the repair?) the game runs sweet. I love it.
Hey girls!!!! I fix it!!! I tried RUN in EXECUTE IN ADMIN, WORKED!!!

Tell me if worked and we can help cmm!!!!

obs: Sorry for my Bad English. i speak portuguese!!!
Bye
For those of you using Windows 7 Experiencing this problem. Try to right click the Client and troubleshoot Compatibility.

I've been tearing my hair out trying to solve this for an hour.

felt pretty stupid when this is what made the damn game work
This started happening to me every since the last patch. It does it random. Sometimes I zone through like 6 zones fine then other times first zone it just hangs foreverrrrrrrrrr. I'm using an SSD.
I dont have no pack check?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. If you alt+tab out of the loading screen and find that there are no error messages, please try running a pack check. You can find instructions on how to do this here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531

If there is an error message please contact us at "Support@GrindingGear.com" and we will be able to assist you further from there.

i uninstalled poe, reinstalled it, and I still don't have no pack check?
"
Centrius wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. If you alt+tab out of the loading screen and find that there are no error messages, please try running a pack check. You can find instructions on how to do this here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531

If there is an error message please contact us at "Support@GrindingGear.com" and we will be able to assist you further from there.

i uninstalled poe, reinstalled it, and I still don't have no pack check?

Are you using steam?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info