Stuck in the loading screen

I'm now having this problem.

Started Post patch 8c.

The first time, I let it set for 9 minutes.
I'm currently up to 8 minutes on the second attempt to load.
If this doesn't work, I'll go ahead, and run the pack check, but I think like other people, I'm going to find that there is no problem.

EDIT:
Well, maybe it was a problem with the patch. I can't even get patchcheck to run. I played the game yesterday pre patch. Had zero problems. I played my witch Caerre, and finished A1. It was almost 24 hours ago on the dot, as I played before I went to work.

This morning, I decided I would go ahead and get the patch running, and check to see if someone was online that I'm trying to get a trade going with before I head off to work. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen at this point.

If Patchcheck isn't working, and the game isn't working, Should I try and uninstall and reinstall?

My comp isn't amazing, I'm running an Intel I3 2.13 Dual 4gb ram 64bit with Win7 Home Premium. Yes. It's a laptop.
Last edited by shoju on May 21, 2013, 8:12:15 AM
My recommendation if you've tried packcheck and it still isn't working is to either run the defragmenter and see if a defrag can fix the problem, or at the worst case, rename the Content.ggpk file and re-download the whole thing... perhaps even using a VPN to be safe that you're not getting any cached content that could corrupt the content.ggpk file.

Let us know if any of those options work out for you.
My computer defragged Monday Morning 2:30 AM EST. It's showing no fragmentation problems. (Currently 10:43 am EST Tuesday).

When I get home tonight, I will try renaming content.

/sigh... And I just wanted to finally run my Coward's Trial tonight.
"
shoju wrote:
My computer defragged Monday Morning 2:30 AM EST. It's showing no fragmentation problems. (Currently 10:43 am EST Tuesday).

When I get home tonight, I will try renaming content.

/sigh... And I just wanted to finally run my Coward's Trial tonight.

I didn't mean your Hard Disk Defrag... although that's a good thing as well.. I meant Defragmentation of the Content.ggpk file specifically. If you look around, you'll find an open source Ruby Content.ggpk defragmenter which will re-arrange the contents inside the Content.ggpk file to better align them and make them load a little faster.
I am having this issue also since the 05/20/13 patch. I tried the 2 suggested fixes (patchcheck and defrag) Not sure what else to try? Have not had any issues up till now.

System: 3750K 4.5GHz@1.264 | CM Hyper 212+ | Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus
8GB GSkill1866 8 9 9 24 | Gigabyte GTX 660Ti | Corsair HX650
M4 128GB SSD O/S Drive | Win7 Ultimate 64bit | 2x WD Black 7200 rpm 500Gb
Realtek HD audio, MS Antivirus.

Thank you,
This needs to be hot fixed immediatly. I have reinstalled the game 3 TIMES, done the defrag thing, run the pack check multiple times.

FIX THIS.
"
Hastealloy wrote:
I am having this issue also since the 05/20/13 patch. I tried the 2 suggested fixes (patchcheck and defrag) Not sure what else to try? Have not had any issues up till now.

System: 3750K 4.5GHz@1.264 | CM Hyper 212+ | Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus
8GB GSkill1866 8 9 9 24 | Gigabyte GTX 660Ti | Corsair HX650
M4 128GB SSD O/S Drive | Win7 Ultimate 64bit | 2x WD Black 7200 rpm 500Gb
Realtek HD audio, MS Antivirus.

Thank you,

You put your Content.ggpk file (and all the other Path of Exile files) onto the SSD and you're still having loading issues? Odd.

Just for the sake of checking, have you looked at the Client.txt file in the logs folder to see if there is any information in there about why it could stall?

Edit: Just noticed that you actually have a WD Black as well.. so I'm assuming that's where the PoE files are located. Try copying them to the SSD and see if you still have the same issues.
Last edited by Drakier on May 21, 2013, 5:47:37 PM
Ran the defrag, I'm not sure patch check is working right. It hung there for 20 minutes and did nothing.... So I cancelled that, and ran the defragmenter. I then restarted my comp, and I'm trying to see if I can get the game to load right now after the defrag. If that doesnt work, I'm going to uninstall and try to reinstall, and see what happens.

I'm really frustrated with it at this point. Nothing weird during patching, nothing weird before patching. But once I patched, and it's just not doing anything.
defrag got me into the game, so that I could sit there and stare at the loading screen to get to the battlefront for 5 minutes.

Now, I'm trying to restart the game, and stuck again.

yay..........................

EDIT: I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.
Last edited by shoju on May 21, 2013, 8:35:54 PM
"
shoju wrote:
defrag got me into the game, so that I could sit there and stare at the loading screen to get to the battlefront for 5 minutes.

Now, I'm trying to restart the game, and stuck again.

yay..........................

EDIT: I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.

I hope it helps...but I doubt it will. I reinstalled the game 3 times and still sit at loading screens. I don't think it's on our ends anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info