Stuck in the loading screen

The name says it all.
Previously, while starting up the game, the loading screen would stick a generous 5 minutes (slow for God knows which reason, but as of today (note that I haven't logged in this weekend)I remain in the loading screen of the game (with the Grinding gears) indefinitely.

If others have a similar problem, please report back, and if there are any solutions to such a problem, please let me know.

Thanks
TORMENT IGN: MAD_DONGER
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2017, 3:48:13 PM
The loading screen can take a while depending on System specs, etc.. but it is also possible that there is an error in the background that is being hidden by the game since the error dialog might be be given foreground properly.

If you let it sit for 5-10 minutes and it still doesn't load into the game, attempt to ALT+TAB out and see if there are any error dialogs in the list. If so, report the error. If not, then something with your system would seem to be loading all the preload assets very very slowly. Could be HDD speed, other programs accessing the HDD at the same time, etc.
having same problem and this is not from my side.
"
papas88063 wrote:
having same problem and this is not from my side.

You can't say "not from my side" considering that at that point, there is no real server or other interaction. It doesn't even hit the servers until it gets to the login screen.

So by definition, everything up to that point is only on your side.

The reasons it could be stalling are many though, and it's hard to say what it is without a lot more troubleshooting. Could be error... could be memory problem (swapping).. could be system/HDD speeds... could be a very fragmented Content.ggpk file..

But almost certainly it is "on your side".

If you want to test to load faster, you can add --nopreload to the arguments and see it load faster. Beware though... do NOT play with that flag... you'll end up dying to boss mobs and uniques due to their effects not being preloaded.
ive been playing for months and never had this problem until today. I havent doen anything different, so I really dont think its from my side.

When playing in last race i would go through an instance and it would stay in instance for minutes then when i went in there was nothing in that instance.
Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. If you alt+tab out of the loading screen and find that there are no error messages, please try running a pack check. You can find instructions on how to do this here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531

If there is an error message please contact us at "Support@GrindingGear.com" and we will be able to assist you further from there.
"
papas88063 wrote:
ive been playing for months and never had this problem until today. I havent doen anything different, so I really dont think its from my side.

When playing in last race i would go through an instance and it would stay in instance for minutes then when i went in there was nothing in that instance.

One thing you have to remember is.. just because it didn't happen before, doesn't mean something in your configuration didn't change and cause it. Could be a patch... could just running software.. etc.

Rarely does the excuse "it never happened before" actually validate anything.

Rather than try to excuse the recommendations, why not try what has been suggested already and report back a status. Error messages, etc. There's even a Content.ggpk defragmenter you could try to see if it speeds anything up (dig around for it).

Also.. what are your system specs? OS, CPU, RAM, Video Card, Sound Card, etc. How much free memory do you show?
"
Drakier wrote:
The loading screen can take a while depending on System specs, etc.. but it is also possible that there is an error in the background that is being hidden by the game since the error dialog might be be given foreground properly.

If you let it sit for 5-10 minutes and it still doesn't load into the game, attempt to ALT+TAB out and see if there are any error dialogs in the list. If so, report the error. If not, then something with your system would seem to be loading all the preload assets very very slowly. Could be HDD speed, other programs accessing the HDD at the same time, etc.

Running windows 7 (service pack 1), i7-2600 cpu @3.4 ghz, 64 bit, 8gb ram

no error message i can see. oh and video card is GTX 550 Ti.

780gb free of 891gb

Image backup 34.8 gb free of 39.9

ran the pack check said done, all file hashes are sync.

Last edited by papas88063 on May 20, 2013, 6:23:49 PM
I have this problem recently and never had it before.

I run the packcheck.exe multiple times. I reinstalled the game TWICE.

This is not from the users end. There are no error messages when I ALT-TAB either.

This makes the game unplayable.
Someone needs to address this issue further.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info