[1.0.5] Lightning Strike Staff Crit Templar Build - 17k+ DPS - Dual Curse

"
Krovvax wrote:
any way you could give us some info on whats type of stats we are looking for on gear to be able to know what exactly we are looking for, what we can use if there is nothing better and what to avoid thats would help alot of new player like me?

thanks

Pretty much all you need is armor/es gear with life and resists. You will also want to aim for ~800 accuracy on gear. You might need mana/mana regen on some pieces depending on how much ES your gear has.
"
uez wrote:
Just started this build today on Onslaught league. So far just been doing ele cleave for leveling since it follows the skill tree anyway and it's amazingly good. I plan on switching once i get a 5L chest or a good staff that at least 4L or 5L. I have one question, will there be mana problems early on before leveling clarity and getting to the EB node?

There may be some mana issues. You should try to get to EB quickly and be leveling Discipline for when you get it.
Hey tyronis how much do you want for that 2s staff on the front.

Anyway I wanted to know what I should do in Merciless I'm level 59 in Act 2 fellshrine and I was wondering if it's normal to constantly be on the verge of death in 4-5 hits. I have about 2k life and 2k mana my mana regen exceeds mana cost so T don't have to worry about using mana pots, but I'm desperately trying to get armor is it a matter of me upgrading my gear or is it about me doing more dps so the monsters don't have s chance to swarm then 4-6 shot me. I do 2k damage right now and get 7% life from the damage I deal.

Here's the gear that I've updated from my previous gear I'm probably going to end up upgrading helm, gloves, and boots to all AR hopefully get life regen, ele damage, ele resists on a few pieces.

Last edited by ajaxthegreat on Jun 21, 2013, 5:29:23 PM
"
ajaxthegreat wrote:

Anyway I wanted to know what I should do in Merciless I'm level 59 in Act 2 fellshrine and I was wondering if it's normal to constantly be on the verge of death in 4-5 hits. I have about 2k life and 2k mana my mana regen exceeds mana cost so T don't have to worry about using mana pots, but I'm desperately trying to get armor is it a matter of me upgrading my gear or is it about me doing more dps so the monsters don't have s chance to swarm then 4-6 shot me. I do 2k damage right now and get 7% life from the damage I deal.

Here's the gear that I've updated from my previous gear I'm probably going to end up upgrading helm, gloves, and boots to all AR hopefully get life regen, ele damage, ele resists on a few pieces.

You REALLY need more life. It looks like most of your gear is missing life. Try to get life and reists on every piece. You should also try to cap your resists if you can.
Hey, Tyronis. Do you mind putting up your whole gear set? I'm not to sure about what types of armor/helm/glove/boots to get. Like hybrid es and armor? or pure es or pure armor?
"
ajaxthegreat wrote:

Why haven't you leveled up your auras ?
You need life at every piece of gear for sure.
Also since you are an EB char you can use arctic armour for that extra defence against
physical and fire damage.Voidbearers in docks do no damage to my witch and get angry
and start punching.hehehe

AR/ES is the best for every EB build and can easily have all the needed stats.
Accuracy,Elemental damage and of course life !
To crit or not to crit ?
First, thanks for the build info. I recently decided to get back into POE after the patch and converted a low 70's Templar to this build. Have only just started with it but definitely effective. Currently can only manage 5 auras but I mostly have pure AR gear so I'm sure I can correct that before too long.

Staff question ... here is what I'm using now:

I am using a 5L chest right now for LS but am wondering if this sucker is worth trying to 6L it. Thoughts? Should I work on crafting it?

P.S. - It is 20% quality ... just hasn't updated yet I guess.
Even without +20 quality it's a 359 dps weapon so I would suggest going for it !
You may had it +20 but maybe used some jewellers to get some more socket ? You lose
the quality if you use jewellers (this happens after the last patch).
To crit or not to crit ?
"
azkinger wrote:
First, thanks for the build info. I recently decided to get back into POE after the patch and converted a low 70's Templar to this build. Have only just started with it but definitely effective. Currently can only manage 5 auras but I mostly have pure AR gear so I'm sure I can correct that before too long.

Staff question ... here is what I'm using now:

I am using a 5L chest right now for LS but am wondering if this sucker is worth trying to 6L it. Thoughts? Should I work on crafting it?

P.S. - It is 20% quality ... just hasn't updated yet I guess.

That's a very nice staff! It looks like it has 424 dps, which is just slightly below mine (437 dps). Also your has built in accuracy which is great for this build. It has 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes, so you could exalt it and try to get lightning% dmg, crit chance, crit multiplier, or a resist.
Last edited by Tyronis3 on Jun 22, 2013, 12:52:57 PM

for sale
IGN : MxZeal _____________________________________________ Youtube.com/user/mshadow1994

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info