Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

I got something new again for you guys ! Double GMP Piety, zero fucks given !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_MO_sX-AOQ

Melee not stronk enuf :(
Last edited by Juhazzz on Aug 16, 2013, 4:02:32 AM
"
Juhazzz wrote:
Well explained, kinda same words i had coming out of my mouth. Never been a fan of using some mechanics that are next to exploiting, but this case as it was about a cheap unique item, one visit in town and voila.
I don't really care about this, well known that it will eventually get fixed, so it's not a big deal to accept. And as it's been known it will get fixed, i started to play madvolume, 98 level gonna be able to use all 5% mana reserve reduction nodes and use all the auras i need from manapool only, which then allows to use Melee Damage on full life gem, as it is very rare that i ever go to HP pool, thanks to maximized blocking, it's all about getting more ES and more Armour.

Interesting :) What will you swap out for melee damage on full life? what will the 6link look like by then?

Oh btw ... what we said before about the -regen on maps ... I dont think the 50% regen map mod works with flasks ... I think it specifically works for regen only. Since on no regen maps you can still use life / mana flasks or leech both. So even tho life flask works like regen, its not counted as so by the game, it seems.

"
Juhazzz wrote:
Hmmm, that's actually a good question, i will have to watch that video again where it had extra cold damage, as critical hits should chill / freeze, in case it applies to spells.

And one thing that has been bothering since 11.2 patch, i've a really clear feeling that something has been done to the blocking, something is clearly not right on it, that -max res + cold damage crematoritum was on 11.1 patch and it was very very easy, now sometimes even without -max res that crema boss makes those moments when your pulse goes to 200 and beyond it. I noticed something strange instantly after that patch. And how can i be so sure ? Well playing a character to level 94 that has based on blocking since the moment i got Aegis Aurora equipped. Or could it be just RNG that i get 10-15 hits in a row without blocking it, when my spell block is 65% and normal block 75% ?

Do you mean the extra lightning / -res crem map? If so, i watched it, you only get shocked by the golem's melee attacks in the room (somehow even when you use topaz flaks, shock icon still appears - or maybe it doesnt dispel shock for the entire duration, just on use, and instead 'only' gives max / light res for the entire duration)

And you should make a topic in the beta bug reports, maybe its a bug ... 10-15 hits without blocking doesnt seem like rng to me, especially if it happens often. Are you still experiencing this?

"
Juhazzz wrote:
"
Juhazzz wrote:

Also, Challenge Accepted, one guy offered 10 Exalteds for the one who makes this map:

Lol just made that map, waiting for the guy to get online :D Also video recorded, i didn't want to waste the whole map so we partied it in 6 player and then i went solo for the boss, it was HARD !

cant wait for the video! and gratz on a relatively easy 10ex haha!
Last edited by jsn006 on Aug 16, 2013, 4:12:29 AM
Yeah it was lightning damage, i don't know how i can't remember things that further, i was sure it was cold -res + cold damage cream, even on the video i kept looking for chilling effects for the first minute and then noticed i have topaz flasks in use haha !

The setup with full damage gem would be:

Double Strike + Splash + Melee Physical dmg + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Melee Dmg on full life and propably use the 2% leech passive, because there is very rarely need for life leech atm, it's only the ES bar that is jumping up and down and that has nothing to do with life leech :p

Yeah that map damn jesus, almost died when we entered the place, it was full of those Alchemists throwing those poison bombs and well, -31% chaos resistance isn't the best against them :)

And that blocking, well i just linked that GMP Piety video on top of this page, it just has to be rng when taking 10-15 hits in a row, that video shows it :D
Last edited by Juhazzz on Aug 16, 2013, 4:31:12 AM
"
Juhazzz wrote:
Yeah it was lightning damage, i don't know how i can't remember things that further, i was sure it was cold -res + cold damage cream, even on the video i kept looking for chilling effects for the first minute and then noticed i have topaz flasks in use haha !

The setup with full damage gem would be:

Double Strike + Splash + Melee Physical dmg + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Melee Dmg on full life and propably use the 2% leech passive, because there is very rarely need for life leech atm, it's only the ES bar that is jumping up and down and that has nothing to do with life leech :p

Yeah that map damn jesus, almost died when we entered the place, it was full of those Alchemists throwing those poison bombs and well, -31% chaos resistance isn't the best against them :)

And that blocking, well i just linked that GMP Piety video on top of this page, it just has to be rng when taking 10-15 hits in a row, that video shows it :D

Yeah since its mainly physical damage you dont really need LL gem anyway. And as you said, its only needed vs spikes that drop your ES, if they do with all that armour that is. For physical leech, there are passives, mods on rings and amulets, warlords mark and blood rage (but blood rage with melee on full life is impossible :P) Also, if you get a good map roll but it has chaos / sec, you will have to reroll because of melee on full life. Just mentioning it, you prolly already know this.

Also, LGOH with double strike = insane. If i understand correctly, double strike means you do twice the listed aps.

So with 7.5 aps, 15 attacks x 54 LOH (20/20 gem) x splashing on 5 targets = 4050 life / second.

Twice as much life as 20k dps with 10% life leech, and thats capped at 1/5-1/4 of your hp/second without vaal pact, anyways.
Last edited by jsn006 on Aug 16, 2013, 6:02:32 AM
Yeah life gain on hit is very nice, for some reason it's in my stash instead of 6 link atm.. It's really great with the instant life recovery from hits and extremely powerful against big monsterpacks.

Good points there with the full life dmg -gem, kinda basics like you said with chaos damage, didn't know that, but ofc doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to understand it :p

Places where leech / loh gem are of use, are just everything that has something to do with chaos damage, those alchemist bombs are propably the worst, sometimes the fps drops so low that it's almost impossible to understand what's going on the screen, untill you see hp's goind down because standing in a poison cloud :p
So it looks like every time you zone it not only is going to check gem level but reduced mana and blood magic as well now.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
When you change areas and your auras are put back on your character, they will exist based on the current state of the aura skill - the effect of all the stats in the aura, the amount reserved, and what resources is reserved, will all set to correct values based on the state of the skill at that time.

We're looking into options for how we can make these things also happen at the time the changes are made, if you're not in town, but for now they'll only be when you change areas - don't expect that to last forever.

So with that being said, are you guys planning on redoing buffs each time you zone or stripping down to just what can be run on blood magic gems and mana alone? If so what will be the bare buffs you choose?

I am thinking I will run Discipline and Grace off blood magic and Determination, Hatred and Purity off Mana.
This is exactly what I had hoped would NOT happen. Now we are going to have to link both reduced mana and blood magic to every aura on life and LEAVE them socketed. So now it becomes an issue of increased life reserved as well as fewer sockets available.

I had hoped they could fix the issues without us needing a reduced mana gem for each 4L but I should have known better. The ideas I had in the works unfortunately were based on still being able to use 1 gem moved around per group of auras. I will be racking my brain over the next few days at work trying to decide how I will cope with the upcoming changes.

My initial guess is that we will be waving goodbye to wrath and anger for a pretty heavy dps loss. In the meantime, I am sure some of the more active posters on this thread will come up with several good ideas of their own :)

Off to work again! -_- making money sure kills game time.

-Dragon

edit: Another thing I forgot to mention is that you CAN ditch tempest shield and fit wrath or anger in place of TS on mana. Also, I need to get my hands on a pair of rainbow strides and test out if the mana they add allows us another aura possibly with 2 of the -%reserved nodes. I personally do not prefer rainbow strides over good rares, but I had anticipated that when the BM unique nerf went live that these boots just may become a core part of the build due to the extra mana they offer.

When I get some time I will try to figure it out, but it would be great if someone that already has the boots and a few spare regrets could test this out for us :)
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Aug 16, 2013, 6:01:16 PM
From the 11.4 patch notes:
"Changed the mod on the unique Soul Taker from "Melee attacks can't fail based on cost" to "Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks". This means it will no longer have any effect when using Blood Magic. Instead of killing you, the skill will fail."

What exactly does this mean? Will it affect the build?

Does this mean that with soul taker you are now going to start spending mana?

EDIT: I don't think so...
Last edited by Kenza on Aug 16, 2013, 6:58:18 PM
"
Kenza wrote:
From the 11.4 patch notes:
"Changed the mod on the unique Soul Taker from "Melee attacks can't fail based on cost" to "Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks". This means it will no longer have any effect when using Blood Magic. Instead of killing you, the skill will fail."

What exactly does this mean? Will it affect the build?

Does this mean that with soul taker you are now going to start spending mana?

EDIT: I don't think so...

imo it will be just like before,its a different way to say it.i dont really know what they mean with blood magic but since we use this skill on mana,it doesnt matter for us

i made a 5L chest and was rolling it with chaos and...i got this

i wish it has fucking life :( i was at about 6xx ES and this put me at 1k6 ES.....but my hp is pretty damn low 2k5 after aura reservation...not worth to waste exalting and using it might be dangerous again chaos dmg mobs....and rerolling it is kind of bad with such hight ES roll :( lol

should i use?keep in mind that im still using IB on 4L and i blowed all my fusing on another hight ilvl chest that im trying to 6L so making another 5L isnt really possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info