Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

anyone tried going CI with this build?

Nerfing life/auras just puts another nail on life builds. I reckon you can still get 6k ES with chaos immunity/fullblock and the benefit of having a really powerful gem like melee damage on full life instead of added fire.

Also it's fun being able to stand in alc pools.
"

Nerfing life/auras just puts another nail on life builds. I reckon you can still get 6k ES with chaos immunity/fullblock and the benefit of having a really powerful gem like melee damage on full life instead of added fire.

Problem would be starting at the mara tree for that is prolly not so feasible (yes there are the body and soul nodes, but they are not enough, and all the int nodes in the shadow / witch trees really add up to lots of es) and yuck at all the status ailments and stuns. Also, this build done properly at endgame (ie with expensive and good gear - there is a disclaimer about this tho) can fetch easily 5-6k combined es / hp pool.
I have done a ci version of this build ... But i lvled to 83 first because basicly you need a shitload of of passive points ill post perhaps a guide on forums later.
"
zakariusqc wrote:
i made a 5L chest and was rolling it with chaos and...i got this

i wish it has fucking life :( i was at about 6xx ES and this put me at 1k6 ES.....but my hp is pretty damn low 2k5 after aura reservation...not worth to waste exalting and using it might be dangerous again chaos dmg mobs....and rerolling it is kind of bad with such hight ES roll :( lol

should i use?keep in mind that im still using IB on 4L and i blowed all my fusing on another hight ilvl chest that im trying to 6L so making another 5L isnt really possible.

I think the Intelligence AR/ES high roll is great - I would use it. Res and Life from other gear?

In my opinion you can get 700/500 AR/ES on that chest - you got more :))
Last edited by Kenza on Aug 17, 2013, 7:26:37 AM
Okay so i got my things finished up, preparing for the aura fix and it looks like this, it's propably not very good for casual players, but dedicated players like me can find it usefull, needs very high level.

Also testing this colour thing, if somebody looks for this specific video to see the build, it's easier to notice it.

After aura fix setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr4jpyiNk1s

Still need to get the new chest with 2x Green sockets to use Faster Attacks gem.

At level 98 i will again use Tempest Shield, then there's enough skillpoints to use all 4x 5% mana reserve reduced.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecEswUtBjkOrRQgFE0Y2xkuGjIaOBpVG_odFCFgJd8n7Si1KMUpLimlMgk26DbpOtg9_ECgQ2NDnEd-TDVN2FBHUFBRYFPfVElVqVXGVw1YY1ivWNtY9VnzXz9gS2CIYSFhUmSjZU1mnm5pcLtxTXKpdO108XnAeu98uHzZgW-E2YTvjHaMz49GkFWXtJrPm4OdxJ48ns2fy6C0ogCkGacwp4SplayqrK-surT5tzG53b6nwA_AGsOGxtjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP2WHjaudS55HsOO7Z7w7vTvAf877z3fZI-tL7qg==
Last edited by Juhazzz on Aug 17, 2013, 11:48:27 AM
"
Juhazzz wrote:
Okay so i got my things finished up, preparing for the aura fix and it looks like this, it's propably not very good for casual players, but dedicated players like me can find it usefull, needs very high level.

Also testing this colour thing, if somebody looks for this specific video to see the build, it's easier to notice it.

After aura fix setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr4jpyiNk1s

Still need to get the new chest with 2x Green sockets to use Faster Attacks gem.

At level 98 i will again use Tempest Shield, then there's enough skillpoints to use all 4x 5% mana reserve reduced.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecEswUtBjkOrRQgFE0Y2xkuGjIaOBpVG_odFCFgJd8n7Si1KMUpLimlMgk26DbpOtg9_ECgQ2NDnEd-TDVN2FBHUFBRYFPfVElVqVXGVw1YY1ivWNtY9VnzXz9gS2CIYSFhUmSjZU1mnm5pcLtxTXKpdO108XnAeu98uHzZgW-E2YTvjHaMz49GkFWXtJrPm4OdxJ48ns2fy6C0ogCkGacwp4SplayqrK-surT5tzG53b6nwA_AGsOGxtjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP2WHjaudS55HsOO7Z7w7vTvAf877z3fZI-tL7qg==

seem pretty good.if you want to get a bit higther dmg you could use anger+wrath on life,remouving your LS with support and get BM+wrath+anger+reduce mana.bad thing is getting RRRB on rainbowstride might be really hard

Hey, I just wanted to add to this thread what I plan to do to still be able to use this build after the aura fix while still using Bringer of Rain. I've recieved a few PMs about it and figured some of this info. might help them out and any others still wanting to use BoR.

The build I'm using right now still includes Soul Taker and Bringer of Rain. To me, getting a decent 6-linked chest is pretty unrealistic, and as far as having a Soul Taker, I got lucky while MFing in City of Sarn for a couple of weeks on my sporker.

Here is my current gear after I adjusted for the upcoming aura fix:
Spoiler

Here is my current build:

I'm not using discipline anymore, but I do have it so I can level the gem and for when the day comes I get a Aegis Aurora. Using Anger, Grace, and Wrath without reduced mana is quite a chunk of HP (my current max HP is 3193), but even if I take off Wrath and Anger my DPS goes from 16227.9 to 13880.9, which is a 2347 DPS loss. IMO when you're just plowing through lvl 70+ maps, it's not a whole lot. Unlike the original guide I still keep my life regen points as a way to counter chaos damage (like how life-based builds used to back in the closed beta days). I rarely die to anything, and 99% of the time if I do, I could've done something to prevent it (such as killing chaos mobs first around a boss). The only thing I really lost besides some health if I choose to still use wrath and anger is elemental weakness and enduring cry.

The build I'm using is still viable without Soul Taker, just swap out weapon elemental damage in your BoR with Blood Magic. If I was to get a Aegis Aurora my build (lvl 90+) would probably look closer to:

I would then swap out my haste gem with Tempest Shield.

Dragon's Infernal Tank guide has been a awesome resource for me wanting to play a character that is very very tanky, is able to solo any map mod (with the right gear), and is a TON of fun! The original guide offers a lot of flexibility that other guides I've followed does not offer and anyone with some basic knowledge can tailor it to what gear and playstyle that they want.

Thanks again Dragon585 for your guide and your work on this build!
"

This will be my build after I 6L my chest and come back from vacation in a few weeks.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4whAir2564wGeRRcD6gtPuqVw3ZYRkuJ-3E9vPdrKo9DzwtcqlZ8ySLxq582cAafLu3PmaenjxBh3q4qZVxTU3YgW-Cx66TUWCaz4x2lSAqOLXyQ2NGcalutzG0DHgNWPWTJ76KncQc3AHcf8akGeLqwcUb-mEh7BgsvyXfEuGP-sNthq6E2aLq2-cV125pWNvvTkcG14a-p1PfQKAyCSi1wuxfalZj0k2bg6yvIWBgiB6BtMXAD3TxYVJLjSsKGNufy_8cwQBDnNsaDq0Qeyml9Uu-Oliv4mGVm2WncLv22g==

Chest needs linked and scrapped. second gloved/helm/second shield need eternal exalted for more ES.
Last edited by Slider13 on Aug 17, 2013, 8:31:42 PM
ok i made the switch to double strike with the 4 aura since patch will be out soon and so far it seem pretty decent.i didnt lose survavibility (actualy i gain some) but i lost a good amount of dps.

i havent been able to put my hand on a 6L or soul taker so i lose MASSIVE dps because of that sadly.im currently at 3k3 dps on a 5L with a half decent weapon at lvl 83 (near 84) and a low lvl double strike.since i mostly solo,3k3 dps is still enought for now.the aoe radius isnt has good but i dont have a 20% melee splash.what i like is,double strike and focusing on physical dmg mean,better life leech :) double strike with melee splash+hight atk speed is pretty fun also.the idea of lighting strke with quality/rarity is also interesting for solo farm on rare/boss.meele usualy cant MF but with this,can be nice

overall,even with the aura nerf,this build with some modification is still pretty insane and can keep a decent amount of dps with INSANE tank ability BUT....you need the gear lol

edit:actualy, even having less dps,it doesnt feel that bad.lot of monster have hight elemental resist so since we are mostly physical dmg now,dmg feel almost higther then before even with lower dps number.i also feel vulnerability help way more then elemental weakness before

Last edited by zakariusqc on Aug 18, 2013, 8:12:34 PM
I have tested out some stuff on the Hardcore League how to rush throw all maps and mods as fast as possible.
It´s Hardcore so my goal was the highest survivability (first) + the most dmg (second).

I´m now playing with: Dominating Blow

I have tested: Double Strike / Heavy Strike / Cleave / Infernal Blow / Dominating Blow.

Nothing of all this Meele Attacks is such insane and powerfull like Dominating Blow.....

The other side is: You NEED Soul Taker, without this Axe you cant spam this attack (311 Mana per Hit). In my 6link the Gems are:
DB - Meele Physical Dmg - Faster Attacks - Meele Splash - Multistrike - Increased Duration

You wont need Life Leech at all (Im playing only with the 2% of passive tree). If youre fighting against Piety / Vaal / Megaera swap out Increased Duration with life leech or life gain on hit(your Minion will die instant).

But with these Gems linked your Minion got a duration over 90 seconds. In a full group your THE Damage Dealer Nr 1. If there are some Leap Slam / Flicker / Charge Monster in that map nobody of the group will reach any enemy before your Minion kill them. 90% of the time you´ve got 40-70 minions.

I have played the whole weekend (around 100-200 Maps) 68 - 75 (Maplevel).
We have played all Mods and I streamed 90% of the runs. Most time we played in a 3-5 player group. The most of the time with 2-3 dual totem spork builds.

When I got some time I will pick up some nice maps with some insane monster in there and post this vid here :). I only can say: Oh dammed, these other guys in the party got really sad because they dont even saw some monster if in that map are flicker spiders :)

If you got the chance test it out, its funny / fast and safe.

Edit: Aura used: Hatred / Determination / Purity / Grace / Discipline
After Patch maybe without Hatred (but that doesnt matter).
Last edited by Masshypnosis1 on Aug 19, 2013, 3:02:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info