Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

sick map - record the whole thing if you can!
"
jsn006 wrote:

Yeah i will record that one from the start, also as proof for the guy who's offering that 10 exalts :p Could try to get him in the game to enter the boss area just before the last one going down..
I've done -20% max res, 94% extra dmg as cold crematorium easily (facetank mode) and the thing that sucked there was, that i needed also cold potions, now i can just simply take 3-4x fire pots or propably that unique flask as 4th to get 6% max resistance, also good thing in 2 bosses is, that they spawn those skeletons all the time, so potions are charged all the time. Also -50% regen helps on that unique flask using, as it doesnt recover life/mana so fast, it's effect lasts longer :p
"
Juhazzz wrote:
"
jsn006 wrote:

Yeah i will record that one from the start, also as proof for the guy who's offering that 10 exalts :p Could try to get him in the game to enter the boss area just before the last one going down..
I've done -20% max res, 94% extra dmg as cold crematorium easily (facetank mode) and the thing that sucked there was, that i needed also cold potions, now i can just simply take 3-4x fire pots or propably that unique flask as 4th to get 6% max resistance, also good thing in 2 bosses is, that they spawn those skeletons all the time, so potions are charged all the time. Also -50% regen helps on that unique flask using, as it doesnt recover life/mana so fast, it's effect lasts longer :p

clever mechanics use :P

btw does the damage from spells also get the extra cold / fire / light mod or is it only melee physical damage from enemies? To me it seems the latter
"
jsn006 wrote:
"
Juhazzz wrote:
"
jsn006 wrote:

clever mechanics use :P

btw does the damage from spells also get the extra cold / fire / light mod or is it only melee physical damage from enemies? To me it seems the latter

Hmmm, that's actually a good question, i will have to watch that video again where it had extra cold damage, as critical hits should chill / freeze, in case it applies to spells.

And one thing that has been bothering since 11.2 patch, i've a really clear feeling that something has been done to the blocking, something is clearly not right on it, that -max res + cold damage crematoritum was on 11.1 patch and it was very very easy, now sometimes even without -max res that crema boss makes those moments when your pulse goes to 200 and beyond it. I noticed something strange instantly after that patch. And how can i be so sure ? Well playing a character to level 94 that has based on blocking since the moment i got Aegis Aurora equipped. Or could it be just RNG that i get 10-15 hits in a row without blocking it, when my spell block is 65% and normal block 75% ?
What are your thoughts on Bringer of rain, I would not be using soul taker. Any input would be appreciated

Edit: I want to add that I have 77/82/77 resists without purity right now. And no resists on my head piece.
Last edited by wolfx28 on Aug 14, 2013, 10:34:08 PM
bowing out
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on Oct 7, 2014, 9:33:11 PM
I do think Bringer of Rain should be mentioned in the guide. It's a very strong piece, and by far cheaper than having to get a solid 6L chest. With it and still using crest of perandus, I've been able to drop the Bulwark block nodes and pick up the reduced mana reservation between the Marauder and Duelist starting areas. With that I take off Tempest Shield and run Haste instead (no more worrying about turning on tempest shield). I also could run Vitality instead of Haste, but I do enjoy the run speed haste gives.

At this time, I'm just 1% under block cap, and I'm also using Rainbowstrides to further increase my spell block. I was previously using Windscream boots because they don't look to be too bad and double cursing while soloing is nice for bosses (ele weakness and enfeeble). Now I just race through maps just killing whatever, and not worrying about map mods or bosses (the blind from BoR works too if you don't have US).

If I ever got a Aegis Aurora, I could simply then spec back into the Bulwark block nodes, pick up as many of the templar ES/Armor nodes, and continue wrecking maps. This build has been a TON of fun and it really took off for me when I finally found a Soul Taker.
Last edited by LoknarVelocity on Aug 15, 2013, 2:31:05 AM
"
FullCust wrote:

What are your justifications/reason for wanting the BM uniques nerfed?

He never said he wanted them nerfed. He has acknowledged that eventually they will be.

"
They work as they should, nothing more

Working as you prefer them is not the same as working as they should. The fact that you can unequip an item and retain it's benefits is a clear exploit. It's not one GGG bans for because it was their mistake, but it's still an exploit. Any expectation that it will remain forever is an unreasonable expectation.

"
they are just great items like some shining lowbie uniques (goldrim/aurumvorax/wanderlust)

Ask yourself this question. Do you think the BM uniques are great items because you would wear them in your build, or because you can get a free benefit without having to pay the cost. If it's the latter, then you know it's broken.

"
Why would you even talk about "preparing for adjustment" - the only adjustment you can do for that is using blood magic gem

Preparing for adjustment means deciding which auras are going to be must haves, which he can do without, and what (if any) adjustments to gear and build are in order to maintain as near the current power level as possible without relying on broken items.
Last edited by Thaelyn on Aug 15, 2013, 7:54:11 AM
"
Thaelyn wrote:
"
FullCust wrote:

What are your justifications/reason for wanting the BM uniques nerfed?

He never said he wanted them nerfed. He has acknowledged that eventually they will be.

"
They work as they should, nothing more

Working as you prefer them is not the same as working as they should. The fact that you can unequip an item and retain it's benefits is a clear exploit. It's not one GGG bans for because it was their mistake, but it's still an exploit. Any expectation that it will remain forever is an unreasonable expectation.

"
they are just great items like some shining lowbie uniques (goldrim/aurumvorax/wanderlust)

Ask yourself this question. Do you think the BM uniques are great items because you would wear them in your build, or because you can get a free benefit without having to pay the cost. If it's the latter, then you know it's broken.

"
Why would you even talk about "preparing for adjustment" - the only adjustment you can do for that is using blood magic gem

Preparing for adjustment means deciding which auras are going to be must haves, which he can do without, and what (if any) adjustments to gear and build are in order to maintain as near the current power level as possible without relying on broken items.

Well explained, kinda same words i had coming out of my mouth. Never been a fan of using some mechanics that are next to exploiting, but this case as it was about a cheap unique item, one visit in town and voila.
I don't really care about this, well known that it will eventually get fixed, so it's not a big deal to accept. And as it's been known it will get fixed, i started to play madvolume, 98 level gonna be able to use all 5% mana reserve reduction nodes and use all the auras i need from manapool only, which then allows to use Melee Damage on full life gem, as it is very rare that i ever go to HP pool, thanks to maximized blocking, it's all about getting more ES and more Armour.
"
Juhazzz wrote:

Also, Challenge Accepted, one guy offered 10 Exalteds for the one who makes this map:

Lol just made that map, waiting for the guy to get online :D Also video recorded, i didn't want to waste the whole map so we partied it in 6 player and then i went solo for the boss, it was HARD !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info