Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

"
jsn006 wrote:
Hey juhazz / dragon, what auras are you prioritising now the covenant bug is fixed? I assume you will be running discipline / wrath? Since grace and anger are not such a huge armor / dps boost? And discipline is a big chunk of the total ES? And those 2 auras at around double reservation = more or less same life reserved as before

Hello. I'm just reworking my stuff a little / a little bit more and will be using only defensive auras from manapool or maximum 1 aura with blood magic gem from HP, so i won't use any damage auras after the fix comes live.
Grace is actually a really really massive boost in overall armour with Iron Reflexes.

So it will look like:

Grace, Determination, Discipline, Purity and Tempest Shield. Also I'm switching totally for Double Strike, aka. 100% physical damage build.

Discipline gives me 600 more ES, Grace i can't remember now, but if i take Iron Reflexes off, my overall armour drops from 34.5k -> 18k and only Evasion item i have is my gloves, 480 evasion.

And i'm working on a new chest and i started crafting it last week, it "only" needs to be finished now. It's 4x Red 2x Green sockets, instead of 5R 1G.

Like said before, "only" needs finishing ;) Which means 100+ life and 42+ Fire resistance, linking it, divining, god knows what else ? Sigh... This is te result after 24 Eternal orbs, got only 112% mod with them. Seeing nightmares of 2.9 life regen per second atm..
Spoiler

Double Strike, Melee Splash, Melee Physical, Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Life Leech / Life on Hit / Something ?

I'm hitting 9500 dps without any auras with that combination, it's again a lowgrade from current, but have to accept the fact that passives are not to be changed into any more offensive from this, as the most important thing is to survive every situation while dealing decent amount of damage. And 9500dps being 100% physical damage is quite nice amount actually.
Last edited by Juhazzz on Aug 13, 2013, 10:08:10 AM

I am not yet convinced that the upcoming patch is fixing the bm trick. Based on what Chris's post says, it only mentions that auras will check level upon entering a new zone. I could be completely wrong, but it sounds to me like this is only a fix for using alpha's howl to boost your auras 2 levels without actually wearing it.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. The good news is, I have been preparing for the day when the BM uniques no longer work and have quite a few solid ideas on how adjust. And now that soul taker is out, there are even a few more possibilities.

Sadly, I have little time to even theorycraft these days. But I am not worried, the build will still rock even for those that don't have soul taker. I'll make sure of that!

Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Aug 13, 2013, 12:40:25 PM
Dang!!!!

Even if for now its just the alpha howl (video made by our wonderful friend, Kripp) thing the BM trick will SADLY go one day :( Lets see if we can use it a bit more or not....

Plus like you said Dragon one should start preparing for the eventuality...

This build for me still represents the only chance you have to really tank and have decent DPS. My favorite ARPG play-style by far.
Last edited by Kenza on Aug 13, 2013, 1:20:03 PM
My Gear
Spoiler

Im so sad right now, I need a 6L chest so I can use this sexy helm i bought for only 2gcp D:
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) When you disconnect in the lab ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
we dont have info on the inner force buff but if they put it near of what it was before,do you think it might work it to pick it now?

Is this viable in Onslaught if you went the Bringer of Rain route or is it too unsafe?
"
Juhazzz wrote:
"
jsn006 wrote:
Hey juhazz / dragon, what auras are you prioritising now the covenant bug is fixed? I assume you will be running discipline / wrath? Since grace and anger are not such a huge armor / dps boost? And discipline is a big chunk of the total ES? And those 2 auras at around double reservation = more or less same life reserved as before

Hello. I'm just reworking my stuff a little / a little bit more and will be using only defensive auras from manapool or maximum 1 aura with blood magic gem from HP, so i won't use any damage auras after the fix comes live.
Grace is actually a really really massive boost in overall armour with Iron Reflexes.

So it will look like:

Grace, Determination, Discipline, Purity and Tempest Shield. Also I'm switching totally for Double Strike, aka. 100% physical damage build.

Discipline gives me 600 more ES, Grace i can't remember now, but if i take Iron Reflexes off, my overall armour drops from 34.5k -> 18k and only Evasion item i have is my gloves, 480 evasion.

And i'm working on a new chest and i started crafting it last week, it "only" needs to be finished now. It's 4x Red 2x Green sockets, instead of 5R 1G.

Like said before, "only" needs finishing ;) Which means 100+ life and 42+ Fire resistance, linking it, divining, god knows what else ? Sigh... This is te result after 24 Eternal orbs, got only 112% mod with them. Seeing nightmares of 2.9 life regen per second atm..
Spoiler

Double Strike, Melee Splash, Melee Physical, Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Life Leech / Life on Hit / Something ?

I'm hitting 9500 dps without any auras with that combination, it's again a lowgrade from current, but have to accept the fact that passives are not to be changed into any more offensive from this, as the most important thing is to survive every situation while dealing decent amount of damage. And 9500dps being 100% physical damage is quite nice amount actually.

nice chest, best of luck for getting the rolls (btw so you eternal --> exalt until you get fire res or life, then if it happens, you imprint that instead of restoring and exalt again? How does it work.)
"
jsn006 wrote:

nice chest, best of luck for getting the rolls (btw so you eternal --> exalt until you get fire res or life, then if it happens, you imprint that instead of restoring and exalt again? How does it work.)

Yeah that's basically how it works. I started with couple of hundred Chaos orbs (felt lucky, wasn't lucky) and then went to Alteration and / or Augment to get the first 2 mods, which were #1 tier Intelligence and #1 tier +Armour, spent around 2000 Alterations on it before Regal orb gave third mod that i accepted (30 Regal orbs by then), which in this case is that sadly low cold resistance, but had to accept it, as it's not the "Achilles heel" on my character. Next step was to use Eternal orb on it, then Exalt orb and restore the imprint too many times after it rolled 2.x life regen or thorns -.-
Also it rolled 4-5 times hybrid AR+ES / Block&Stun recovery mod, now thinking it afterwards, might have been wise to keep that one 55% AR+ES hybrid mod and maybe reroll another chest at some point, but it's too late for that :p
Juhazzz,
Will you consider replacing life leech/LGOH with culling strike?
That would be RRRGGG though.
I am using my 6L chest for AOE + elemental damage while 4L glove for single target pure physical damage:
Spoiler
GMT +8
ign: RayHidetora
Last edited by bc_tkhaa on Aug 14, 2013, 4:55:49 AM
"
bc_tkhaa wrote:
Juhazzz,
Will you consider replacing life leech/LGOH with culling strike?
That would be RRRGGG though.
I am using my 6L chest for AOE + elemental damage while 4L glove for single target pure physical damage:

Hmm, funny thing i just week ago thought if it was possible to maintain anywhere near the same survivability and have at least 80 iiq / 150 iir on the gear and thought about IIQ+IIR+Culling gems on the links. But otherwise i wouldn't use, if you can hit the boss to 10% HP, you propably can make the last hitpoints too and it doesn't help in the overall killing speed, it's not many seconds more after you've made it to 10% hp :)

Gonna soon hit 94 level and with that amount of passives nodes, it could propably be possible to respec for some mf / partybooster build with quad curses, conduit and so on, but again the survivability goes down and damage is next to none, so atleast solo playing would be impossible and wouldn't like to see the resurrect buttton ever again, last time was 1 month ago or so at lvl 87 :p Can't count the resurrect buttons what has been on the screen after leveld up and making tests against Vaal in example :p

Also, Challenge Accepted, one guy offered 10 Exalteds for the one who makes this map:

Hopefully it'll be friday evening when entering that place, 74% level now and getting like 3% per hour when doing 77's. Sadly can't play much, as the vacation ended 3 weeks ago and again workin 10h daily. Luckily got PoE here at work, had to bring it on USB stick to handle trades here and talk BS on forums lol..

edit. Propably if you have enough free sockets, you could use culling strike linked with some attack to finish some real hazardous bosses. Lightning Strike could be good if you suspect your survivability, as you can spam it from distance.
Last edited by Juhazzz on Aug 14, 2013, 9:22:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info