Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

"
EridaNuuS wrote:
which build better? what is better for survival?

this guide or this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072

this one, without a doubt, is much better

its a proper tank melee build
"
EridaNuuS wrote:
which build better? what is better for survival?

this guide or this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072

I switched to this build from the one you linked and, in my opinion, this one far outclasses the other in terms of survivability. The other build is far easier to make, but this one surpasses it, I think.
Hi there,
I would like to ask, if replace soul taker with other axe can this build still going? will it still be that tanky and the have the effect like what u had?
"
Cry3times wrote:
Hi there,
I would like to ask, if replace soul taker with other axe can this build still going? will it still be that tanky and the have the effect like what u had?

Yes absolutely, the axe does nothing for tanking. Dragon started this way before ST was in the game.

You will have to use blood mana instead of WED / faster attacks and lose out on some dps however
"
Juhazzz wrote:
Made a new video again, don't know why but here it is anyway, nothing really out of this world:

Crematorium double bosses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQXs701qKsI

why is it so fast beats ?
Im not sure have this mentioned before or not. Since learning iron reflex, for helm getting alpha howl will it be better?
"
Juhazzz wrote:

Yeah that's yet to test what works, i'm waiting for the chest to be ready, but i suppose i'm gonna take it with 2x Green and 4x Red and save this "old" chest that has 5x Red, 1x Green in case that 2x green turns out to be not so good..

Now on every ele reflect map i switch MPD to Infernal Blow and replace Faster Attacks with Double Strike, it's hitting the same tooltip dps without Faster Attacks than IB is doing with the normal setup, so i'd be glad to see the numbers with Faster + Double together.
But there's of course the factor, that 20% area of effect radius is gone from 20% quality Infernal and it's clearly visible when killing monsters that don't have anykind of "Resist elemental blabla" things.
That's where i thought to respec for that 12% radius passive at templar start, because it's only 2 points away and i've been respeccing like every harder modded map anyway and like i said somewhere before, i'm getting those 2 "free" passive skills when that new chest with cold+fire resistance arrives :)

But overall i think that fully physical thing would be faster in my use, because i don't use other curses than Enfeeble and like half of the monsters have that "Resists elemental damage" and many have "Resists Fire" on top of that. And it also draws out the worst enemy for this build Elemental Reflect, it's not a problem anymore as the playing is no more "eyes-closed-hands-behind-back-smash-everything-that-moves" :p

edit. and propably would use Frenzy / Double Strike + Melee Physical + Added Fire / WED + Faster Attacks + Melee Splash + Life Leech. Just for the safety precautions, i've always had Leech gem linked. Or another thing would propably be, in case they nerf that blood magic aura swapping thing, it might be possible to use Melee Damage on full life instead of Added Fire / WED gem, been thinking about that lately. As if they fix that BM unique auraswapping, i was thinking about dumping out all the damage auras and use only: Purity, Discipline, Grace, Determination and Tempest Shield, but there was a small problem, not enough mana to use those all from mana-pool, so one aura should be behind Blood Magic gem, and then again, Melee dmg on full life doesn't do anything when you have that life in reserve :/

Juhazzz is complete right. After I saw this idea I tested this stuff out.

My current gear (not the best but ok for Hardcore League...My first crazy geared Marauder died at vaal smash):
Spoiler

With Double Strike + this combination: Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Meele Dmg - Life on Hit - Meele splash, your dmg will skyrock.
At the moment my gems are not max level and my DPS is about 6021
Attacks per second: 7,69. I think if im right this would be: 7,69x2 (double strike) = 15,38 per second.

Im only 85 so my skilltree is at the moment not the best. I´m missing 1x Swashbuckler at templar area (dmg). 3x Life nodes and the +armour nodes (6-9 nodes):
But that +armour nodes are not sooo important because i skilled 3x Enduring cry, so i´ve got 90% reduction with all charges up + immortal call with 10-12 seconds.

Yesterday I tanked piety on temple with enfeeble + dmg mods without even dropping below 90% life (without topaz flask used) and only 1x pressed life flask to dispell 3x shock stack. This was my first map with lvl 6 double strike and enfeeble = no really good dmg. My whole team (6 men party) was standing in the other room and watched me killing her alone (this took about 5 minutes).
My English is very bad but i came to here for say Thanks A lot Dragon. This is my first caracter in onslaught league and im still Alive. I'm play safe maps for change gear and i need to tell, Every day I'm make progress. Finnly i got my Aegis Aurora. This shild is amaizing.

At the time I have 3100/3600 life and 1100 shield. this is my guear

Spoiler
Been quite boring day, bad RNG, bad this and bad that, so i made a quick video of 74 Maze Map: double bosses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvwgGfsCmy4

Nothing spectacular, just shows how good Immortal Call is. If i counted right, Vaal(s) only got 1 shot on me, 7 blocked :=)
Last edited by Juhazzz on Aug 9, 2013, 5:38:47 PM
"
Been quite boring day, bad RNG, bad this and bad that, so i made a quick video of 74 Maze Map: double bosses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvwgGfsCmy4

Nothing spectacular, just shows how good Immortal Call is. If i counted right, Vaal(s) only got 1 shot on me, 7 blocked :=)

Hi bro, first sorry for my bad English.

I took your skill tree. My gear for now this is it.

I have 12k dps and 12k armor whit auras on.

Spoiler

How can I increase my dps?

I have not yet gems Infernal blow and splash Melee Q20 LV20 them greatly increase the dps?

Thanks for the answers and continues to do video are very beautiful :D
Last edited by Mr_jack_on_PoE on Aug 9, 2013, 8:46:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info