Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

Fantastic build, thanks for the insipiration... is it inspiration if I will steal 99% of this idea? :D
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

-Douglas Adams
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
Dragon585 wrote:
I have dreams of a cyclone/discharge mara tank. The thought of it alone is enough to make me laugh. Someday, rng will give me the gear -_-
-Dragon

Hey man

How exactly are you thinking of making such a build?
I suppose with Cyclone you have to quit all the elemental dmg nodes and focus to physical.
But how do you fit Discharge in, thats something i really want to know :D

And whats the possible links for Cyclone? I can think of Melee phys dmg-Faster attacks-Added fire dmg-?-?

I am not one of those guys that can theorycraft a good build. The way I learn best is to make the build and play it, making changes as I go. With the bringer of rain helm, you get level 18 melee physical dmg, and lvl 18 faster attacks built in. The other 4 links would prob be cyclone, concentrated effect, inc aoe radius, and BM. Once again I would plan to rely on 4% physical leech from gear/passive and lgoh from rings in conjunction with aegis aurora procs to survive.

I had planned to try out thief's torment ring instead of using BM gem to see how it feels, but that is something that would have to be tested, and would also cause the loss of tempest shield but the gain of added fire dmg support gem.

For discharge, I am not really sure if/how it would work out. I just thought that if the build is as tanky as my current one, then the endurance charges would largely be unnecessary. So my thinking was to have discharge to blow shit up when my charges reached maximum. Ofc, I would keep them for bosses and such, but the general idea would be to use them for dps on trash mobs.

This is all just speculation. Like I said, I don't theory craft very well. It is just something I have been wanting to try out since I saw that helm come out. I have no idea if it will work or not. My biggest concern would be to few sockets with no chest and no wep. But if that were the case I would just use a 1h instead of facebreakers and make adjustments from there.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on May 28, 2013, 6:16:08 PM
i like your tank build, as for gear i just wanted to say helm with that much acc and stuff if u use rt, you could roll a better one with life and stuff

also do u the carnage heart when buffing also lowers health as well

Last edited by cavespro on May 28, 2013, 9:51:44 PM
Hm what Multistrike gives in this build? I was thinking about changing this with Life Leech or other support.
Does Amplify works with Infernal Blow? And it only cost 2 passive points to get.
Awesome,i will try infernal blow again though failed one.
i am trying your build now and it is really nice , its less expensive and more efficent then many other builds and i really hope the melee buffs improve it even more :D.I would advice everyone who starts this build to use amplify until u get 20 q splash and Ib , with 10qish infernal blow and melee splash the aoe is quite awsome with the amplify node.Also Dragon u can get better gear if u have the currency and make it even tankier and with more dps
Game? Who needs to play the game? Forums are funny enough

Last edited by n00bi on May 30, 2013, 8:00:31 AM
well this build is simply the best build around for melee characters! I'm level 78 (maybe a bit too high for this map) and i've just finish solo the cowards trial. It's something that others players or builds state as difficult. It was just so easy with this build...(the loot was crap btw).
This build requires no kaoms heart (it costs around 20-30 exa) and if you are lucky you don't need to spend a lot of money building up a decent gear.
The only downside i see from this build is, i kind of like struggled at lower levels (when you don't have good resists and armor) but for that problem, simply drop elemental weakness and use enfeeble.
Thanks a lot Dragon this is simply a dream build!
*just soloed maelstrom of chaos map*
Last edited by carlcox1981 on May 30, 2013, 1:09:14 PM
Hi guys! I am so glad you all like the build. It really makes me happy that I posted the guide. I was pretty hesitant to do so, but now I am so glad I did. A lot of you have been asking about amplify lately and here is my take on it.

It does boost splash's aoe radius and damage. It also boosts the corpse explode from Infernal blow. However, I think IF you have 20% quality on splash and IB that it is unnecessary. I prefer to spend those 2 points in something that will give me more damage overall instead of just more aoe damage.

For those of you who don't yet have 20% on both gems, I would recommend taking amplify. But when you do gain 40% inc aoe from your gems, I suggest putting those 2 points somewhere else. Either more block, or damage nodes.

Thank you guys so much for the positive feedback. I am truly glad that so many have enjoyed the build so far. With better gear who knows what the build could do! I know that my gear is far from the best, and have spent most of my time in game farming for currency to improve upon it. But rng is a cruel mistress and I have been unlucky lately.

I was farming lunaris 3 with a little mf on my mara, but have decided to make a dual totem templar to see if I can stack more mf to improve my chances. I hesitate to load my mara up with to much mf as I hate losing exp for a small chance at loot.

Anyways, glad to see the new posts! I hope everyone likes the build as much as I do.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
korzon3k wrote:
Hm what Multistrike gives in this build? I was thinking about changing this with Life Leech or other support.

Hi there.

Multistrike does 2 things really. It helps with desync and the hassle of clicking on each target, and it improves the effectiveness of the little bit of life gain on hit I get from my rings.

A lot of people, including myself at first, doubt the awesomeness of such a small amount of LGOH. But let me tell you, between the 4% leech I have with less than 300 physical damage, and the 5 LGOH I have from my rings, I can actually out heal the hp cost of my IB attack on stasis maps. I can even go a very long time fighting before I have to use a pot.

Ofc, I normally swap in a LL gem for these maps, but I wanted to see just how effective my tiny amount of lgoh and passive leech was. The results were very impressive. So, multistrike to me is a quality of life and defensive support in one. It allows me to hit multiple targets, inflicting my splash damage on more mobs, and it also allows me to attack so much faster which in turn regenerates more hp via life gain on hit.

It is by no means required for the build. It is just my personal preference. After trying multistrike and seeing how well it works with infernal blow and splash, I was so impressed that it will forever have a spot in my build.

Hope this helps persuade you into giving it a try :)

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info