Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

That is the beauty of regrets. I will post the results asap.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Ok, here are the results! All results are including Discipline aura.

Armor/ES start: 6787/908 Including grace aura

Without IR: 3904/908

-Leather and steel and the point leading to it: 3029/908

10 points spent in all the body and soul nodes: 5873/1523

So what we ended up with was:

-914 armor
-11% runspeed
-60 dex
+615 ES
+5% all resist
+131 HP at the loss of grace aura

The results speak for themselves. It is up to you to decide which you like better. Personally, I will be respec'ing back to my original build. The loss of dex and the amount I have on my current gear is 30 short of running FA. The 11% runspeed has a clearly noticeable effect on clearing speed and fun. But that is just my preference.

I feel that I should again point out that having more ES will not help you vs a boss. You will be taking constant damage that will not allow your ES to refill on its own, and the chances of you blocking enough boss attacks in a row to completely fill your ES is insanely low. As for more es vs regular mobs? I hope my first video proves that 500 is plenty.

I gladly spent 20 regrets to show this because so many people have been asking about body and soul. Now you can choose for yourself after reading the results. I also have screen shots should anyone doubt my results.

You have the facts, the choice is yours. I hope you find the build fun no matter what you decide :)

DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on May 26, 2013, 9:18:37 PM
"
Dragon585 wrote:
Ok, here are the results! All results are including Discipline aura.

Armor/ES start: 6787/908 Including grace aura

Without IR: 3904/908

-Leather and steel and the point leading to it: 3029/908

10 points spent in all the body and soul nodes: 5873/1523

So what we ended up with was:

-914 armor
-11% runspeed
-60 dex
+615 ES
+5% all resist
+131 HP at the loss of grace aura

You are amazing!
Thanks for everything.
I am in doubt - it would be more profitable? Weapons are not too high physical damage + elemental damage (fire), but very high attack speed or slow, but with a very high damage with hitting?
For example:
- 90-210 Physics, 29-57 fire, attack speed 1.61 (DPS 310)
or
- 167-242, attack speed 1.29 (DPS 263)

In my opinion the answer is not too obvious - because we have a crazy speed boost from gems and build, elemental damage we get from the conversion of damage, but the alpha-strike better in the second weapon. Accordingly, more physical Life Lich, stun works better ... Well, maybe something else missed.
IGN Odminko, Orlangoor.
"
deadlylag wrote:
"
KRIGSSVIN wrote:
"
I wish there was a build like this, only with Kaom's included. Would rock to be super-tanky AND have 10k+ hp, especially for Hardcore.

Means either gimp DPS by restricting only to 4L or use staff and have <40% block.

My tank is able to tank large mobs that are +10 or greater above me. I tanked VAAL (merciless) at lvl 54. I actual survived two critical hit in a row without dying with only 2300 health.

DPS wise I am able to kill +10 mobs without much of a problem

Lol I don't know how is this related to my message.

On topic, with a staff+kaoms I'd go Glacial Hammer, less need for block, more dmg to compensate lack of mob explosions. But that's a whole another story.
Last edited by KRIGSSVIN on May 27, 2013, 3:36:11 PM
Ehi Dragon, thx for your amazing guide.

I'm trying to make an immortal tank using Facebreaker, do you think it's better to use 1 hand or the dps of Facebreaker it's comparable?

"
Blackslash wrote:
Ehi Dragon, thx for your amazing guide.

I'm trying to make an immortal tank using Facebreaker, do you think it's better to use 1 hand or the dps of Facebreaker it's comparable?

Hello there.

I have not really messed around with facebreakers to much. So, I have little advice to offer in that department. I will say that the new bringer of rain helm seems like it would be amazing paired with facebreaker and a high block build.

I can tell you that if I put facebreakers on right now and take my mace off my dps is only 800. I know very little about those unarmed builds but I think I remember a friend telling me you need straight physical damage on your gear to make it work, and since I have very little of that it is no wonder the damage is low for me.

I had hoped to get my hands on the new bringer of rain helm so I could test out a build I really want to try. I have dreams of a cyclone/discharge mara tank. The thought of it alone is enough to make me laugh. Someday, rng will give me the gear -_-

Contrary to what a lot of you that have pm'd me believe, writing a guide on the forums does not mean you are rich in game :P I have exactly 5 exalts worth of currency to my name. If that is rich, I don't even want to know what those with hundreds of exalts are called.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on May 28, 2013, 3:30:27 PM
Is there a reason that you do not take the Amplify node? It is very cheap to get with your current tree and gives a nice area boost.
"
SpaceOgre wrote:
Is there a reason that you do not take the Amplify node? It is very cheap to get with your current tree and gives a nice area boost.

The reason is that I don't like having to spend points for aoe. If I had points to burn, I probably would. But having 20/20 on gems provides enough aoe for my taste which leaves me with points to put in better options.
DISCLAIMER!
"
Dragon585 wrote:
I have dreams of a cyclone/discharge mara tank. The thought of it alone is enough to make me laugh. Someday, rng will give me the gear -_-
-Dragon

Hey man

How exactly are you thinking of making such a build?
I suppose with Cyclone you have to quit all the elemental dmg nodes and focus to physical.
But how do you fit Discharge in, thats something i really want to know :D

And whats the possible links for Cyclone? I can think of Melee phys dmg-Faster attacks-Added fire dmg-?-?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info