Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

What kinda spec/gear are you running?
gonna try to make a variation of this build that revolves around the new unique helm bringer of rain.

it's going to have more hp and overall more endurance charges since the helm gives 10 pct chance to generate a charge upon block.

Passive Tree Summary (107 Used Points)
Spoiler

+380 to Strength
+124 to Dexterity
+64 to Intelligence
+72 to maximum Mana
+300 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+6 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
5% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
5% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
273% increased maximum Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
+40% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance
23% additional Shield Block Chance
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
60% increased Defences from equipped Shield
0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
+30% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
44% increased Armour
44% increased maximum Energy Shield
30% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
3% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
8% increased Melee Physical Damage
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
Cannot Evade enemy Attacks
Cannot be Stunned
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
15% increased Attack Speed
30% increased Fire Damage with Weapons
+12.8% Energy Shield
+76% increased Melee Physical Damage
+248 Accuracy Rating
24.8% increased Evasion Rating

will let u guys know ow the results once I get all the gear in the next few days.

not sure how it will fair dps wise but the aim is to be more tanks and lot more survivability since I am playing this on hc.

also, I cannot find an aegis aurora for sale at a reasonable price on hc at the moment.
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on May 25, 2013, 12:56:48 PM
"
MFJones wrote:

also, I cannot find an aegis aurora for sale at a reasonable price on hc at the moment.

Took me a few days to find it and I bought it for 2 exalt (good roll). Then another guy was offering me 5 exalt for it.
Immortal King WW Marauder build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348782/page/1
ign: Peresvet
"
Lantador wrote:
What kinda spec/gear are you running?

It's an enduring cry build. All my resist are maxed or almost maxed out.

Gear wise two Kaom's Sing, Stone of Lahwar Lapis Amulet, and Crest of Perandus Shield. You can get them for 1 alch or 1 chaos each.
dragon, Just curious Did you try Running Lightning Strike ? if so can you post the dps plz.
Domine Non Es Dignus
WTS a pack for this build:

2pure ex all

IGN: Torgh
☞ @Torgh
MADE IN FRANCE
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ 232691 ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Last edited by Torgh on May 26, 2013, 12:51:59 PM
"
Zinja wrote:
dragon, Just curious Did you try Running Lightning Strike ? if so can you post the dps plz.

No, I have used LS in the past with some of my other melee builds that didn't work out. I decided not to use it b/c I wanted a melee build that was up close and personal and LS didn't fit that description.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
At Dragon:

Man this is one of the best melee build i have ever seen, many congrats for it.
If i could give u respect in some way, i would.

I have some thoughts about the passive tree and i really need your experienced opinion (i m experienced myself so we can talk about this):

- How mandatory do u find Unwavering Stance(US) for high level (70+) maps? If u dont have US u find yourself being stunned too much? Isnt 5k life enough to almost eliminate stun chance?
Does it have to do with block, because when i find myself in the middle of a large pack i seem sometimes not able to cast a curse, maybe its because of block animation? Does US eliminate the block animation?
Need your knowledge on the above.

- Have you thought of abandoning IR and the 5 dex nodes leading to it (plus diamond skin), this is a total of 7 skill points. Then abandoning 4 more nodes from Mana to Leather and Steel, which comes to a total of 11 skill points.
Take these 11 skill points and invest them on all Armor and ES nodes with the 2 Body and Soul which will give 104% armor and es plus 20% to all res.
Consider the fact that u have not evasion on your gear, and compensate the loss of Grace by replacing Vitality with Determination.
The above project will boost your armor and es very much (having 1500es instead of 800 is for sure way much better for high level content and replenishing from shield will be more), only losing 12% attack speed from Acceleration which you may still get it as its only 2 skill points away from Master of the Arena.
Also you will not miss dexterity because you will not use Grace anymore, faster attacks and Hatred do not require more than 110 dex which is easy to obtain from jewelry.

I would very much appreciate if you reply to this post.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nel0angel0 on May 26, 2013, 2:59:08 PM
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
At Dragon:

Man this is one of the best melee build i have ever seen, many congrats for it.
If i could give u respect in some way, i would.

Glad you like it!

"
- How mandatory do u find Unwavering Stance(US) for high level (70+) maps?

Unwavering stance is more for bosses than anything else. With 5k hp most high level map mobs can't stun me. But bosses can, and the build is mainly designed to be able to go toe to toe with map bosses, so that is why I choose to keep it.

"
- Have you thought of abandoning IR and the 5 dex nodes leading to it (plus diamond skin), this is a total of 7 skill points. Then abandoning 4 more nodes from Mana to Leather and Steel, which comes to a total of 11 skill points.

The thought has crossed my mind. What kept me invested in IR was the fact that I won't give up Unwavering stance or the diamond skin node. To me, those 2 nodes are a must have, and as such it is only another 4 points to gain a large chunk of armor via IR.

"
Take these 11 skill points and invest them on all Armor and ES nodes with the 2 Body and Soul which will give 104% armor and es plus 20% to all res.

I get asked similar questions a LOT. The thing is, I made this build for boss fights really. I wanted to be able to go up against the heavy hitters and walk away. Having more ES does not help in the slightest vs the heavy hitters. The reason behind this is, vs 1 mob you will not be blocking enough to completely fill your es bar very often. I have seen this countless times vs hard hitting bosses, which has convinced me to let my ES pool stay where it is. The main job of ES in this build is to provide a buffer for the Aegis Aurora proc vs large packs of mobs or fast attacking mobs. That is it. And I feel that even 500 ES is enough to do that job just fine.

"
Consider the fact that u have not evasion on your gear, and compensate the loss of Grace by replacing Vitality with Determination.

This is something I do not find to be worth while. Vitality with 5k life is simply to valuable to exchange for armor. At the risk of sounding like a broken record ^_^ a small increase in armor really has VERY SMALL benefit vs hard hitting bosses and my ultimate goal was map boss survival. Vitality wins hands down IMO.

Remember though, these are just my OPINIONS. My build shouldn't be taken as the law. There are a few people that are taking the general idea and making it their own with subtle changes. This is really cool IMO. The build was made by me, and I am different than most people. So absolutely feel free to make any changes you see fit to the build. And be sure to post your end results for the people following!

I am glad you like the build, and I can't wait to see these new variations of it that people are coming up with.

edit: Oh I forgot to mention, I only took the 2 points in leather and steal to gain the run speed. It is a quality of life thing and not necessary, but I will never give it up :)

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on May 26, 2013, 5:39:00 PM
"
Dragon585 wrote:

I get asked similar questions a LOT. The thing is, I made this build for boss fights really. I wanted to be able to go up against the heavy hitters and walk away. Having more ES does not help in the slightest vs the heavy hitters. The reason behind this is, vs 1 mob you will not be blocking enough to completely fill your es bar very often. I have seen this countless times vs hard hitting bosses, which has convinced me to let my ES pool stay where it is. The main job of ES in this build is to provide a buffer for the Aegis Aurora proc vs large packs of mobs or fast attacking mobs. That is it. And I feel that even 500 ES is enough to do that job just fine.

First of all thank you very much for the time u put into replying to me so detailed.

I have an argument to the above quoted.
Suppose u have 6-7k armor fully buffed with your current build and 800ES.
With all the armour and es + body and soul (but without grace) you will have around the same armour (if not higher) and u will have around 1500-2000ES (suppose u have armor/es chest-gloves-boots-helm).
I understand you just need ES for a buffer for the normal/magic mobs but 1,5-2k ES on top of 5k hp this goes to 7k effective life (tbh more than 7k because if u block it replenishes by a big chunk).
So eventually you will be tankier to bosses and ofc to all other mobs even more.

This was my thought about it, that is why i suggested this.
Last edited by nel0angel0 on May 26, 2013, 7:01:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info