Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

"
Bahnzo wrote:
I've been thinking - the upcoming patch is going to "nerf" life nodes. IE: we are going to lose life overall. This is bad for Blood Magic, which most melee rely upon, this build as well. I wonder if we might might actually suffer instead of benefit from this patch?

This is my concern as well. Not to mention Chris's comments about changing mandatory keystones. This patch has me worried.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Been working on a dual totem spork char for mf farming. I must say I am deeply disappointed. The build is fine and everything, it is just incredibly boring and slow at times. So, I will be doing some more experimenting with my mara to see how far I can push the mf limits.

Currently sitting at 72/153 farming lunaris 3. I may invest in some better mf gear since the templar didn't work out. One thing is for sure, this build still rips in lunaris even with gimped dps. Piety is really the only place I notice the dps loss.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
so which is the nerf/buff to melee i hear about ggg were gonna buff melee but they just lowered hp/es and now dmg will lower but what's the point?... i dont get it
ToxicDreams..........
They are going to nerf life stacking which is true but with the increased physical damage scaling you will also be leeching more.

Yes I realize the 20%/sec leeching cap but this just means we might have to use LoH more.

Again its all speculation at this point, at least we all get a respec, and hopefully dragon will hook us up with a updated version post 0.11 ASAP =P.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
For anyone who is interested, here's a CI templar version with ZO and GR. Should have around 7k ES with 450 ES chest, 300 ES circlet, 150 ES boots, 120 ES gloves, 60 ES belt and Aegis Aurora.

It comes with some disatvantages, but I think it's a really cool concept. Solving the disadvantages is the whole problem of the build. It needs chayula , rainbowstride, dream fragments, an armor/es chest, mana items to sustain the IB, needs vitality, might have problems running anger and wrath and has less block chance.

On the other side, it gets amazing regeneration, good damage, really good survivability (with the level of gear you have, it should actually get similar EHP), blood rage, is good with a 5l (although a 6l would fix all the mana problems), and it's not getting fixed (no covenant auras :D). It should also get decent leech with blood rage.

CI ZO seems to be one of the least used keystone combinations ever, so I thought I'd share this build, even though it's really hard to gear (6l actually makes it easy), and probably not even as efficient as yours.

Old april 2012 account got stolen
Last edited by Freeslana on Jun 2, 2013, 8:08:08 AM
My best guess atm would be dropping some hp and block nodes to pick up all the body and soul nodes along with some extra physical damage nodes. This is all a guess at this point, but if damage is significantly lowered enough that armor once again proves useful then it will prob be more beneficial than nerfed hp nodes.

Another idea would be to drop hp nodes in favor of gaining more ES and maxing block. Again taking all of the body and soul nodes. Unfortunately, this is prob something that will take me some time to figure out which route feels best. I have said it many times before, I am not good at theorycrafting. It will take me some time to try different things and see which one performs the best. I favor this way due to things not always preforming as well for real as the math suggests.

Anyways, we still have a few more days to sit and ponder. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but am expecting a huge nerf to this particular build.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jun 2, 2013, 3:24:48 PM
"
Dragon585 wrote:
My best guess atm would be dropping some hp and block nodes to pick up all the body and soul nodes along with some extra physical damage nodes. This is all a guess at this point, but if damage is significantly lowered enough that armor once again proves useful then it will prob be more beneficial than nerfed hp nodes.

Another idea would be to drop hp nodes in favor of gaining more ES and maxing block. Again taking all of the body and soul nodes. Unfortunately, this is prob something that will take me some time to figure out which route feels best. I have said it many times before, I am not good at theorycrafting. It will take me some time to try different things and see which one performs the best. I favor this way due to things not always preforming as well for real as the math suggests.

Anyways, we still have a few more days to sit and ponder. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but am expecting a huge nerf to this particular build.

-Dragon

I really dont think youre going to get nerfed dragonn, byt he looks of it you might get buffed, just pickup the B&S nodes as you said, more armor+ES, just be sure to have enough life for chaos damage, the DPS is getting buffed for it i think.

I think its best to wait and see the new skill tree and patch notes before speculating nerfs/buffs to builds
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
VictorDoom wrote:

I really dont think youre going to get nerfed dragonn, byt he looks of it you might get buffed, just pickup the B&S nodes as you said, more armor+ES, just be sure to have enough life for chaos damage, the DPS is getting buffed for it i think.

I think its best to wait and see the new skill tree and patch notes before speculating nerfs/buffs to builds

Yea, I am trying to not think to hard about it. But people are asking. Will just have to find the new hp threshold for certain bosses and build from there. My concern about my build being nerfed specifically is due to the amount of hp reserved for auras and less overall hp will lower my hp/sec.

I still expect it to be a nerf. It has been my experience with other games that devs making changes and claiming "buff" usually end up hurting a lot of builds that were working just fine before said changes.
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jun 2, 2013, 6:26:38 PM
"
MFJones wrote:
gonna try to make a variation of this build that revolves around the new unique helm bringer of rain.

it's going to have more hp and overall more endurance charges since the helm gives 10 pct chance to generate a charge upon block.

Passive Tree Summary (107 Used Points)
Spoiler

+380 to Strength
+124 to Dexterity
+64 to Intelligence
+72 to maximum Mana
+300 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+6 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
5% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
5% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
273% increased maximum Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
+40% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance
23% additional Shield Block Chance
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
60% increased Defences from equipped Shield
0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
+30% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
44% increased Armour
44% increased maximum Energy Shield
30% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
3% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
8% increased Melee Physical Damage
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
Cannot Evade enemy Attacks
Cannot be Stunned
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
15% increased Attack Speed
30% increased Fire Damage with Weapons
+12.8% Energy Shield
+76% increased Melee Physical Damage
+248 Accuracy Rating
24.8% increased Evasion Rating

will let u guys know ow the results once I get all the gear in the next few days.

not sure how it will fair dps wise but the aim is to be more tanks and lot more survivability since I am playing this on hc.

also, I cannot find an aegis aurora for sale at a reasonable price on hc at the moment.

ever make any progress with this? I'd love to hear about it. Could be a fun twist on this build!
Hello, is this build for hardcore or softcore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info