Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

The new patch notes are up. both life and ES nodes are Nerf.I am interested to see how your build fare's damage wise and survivability.
Domine Non Es Dignus
According to the patch notes, I dont think this build is going to suffer much. yes you are going to lose some life+ES but overall damage has been reduced as well. I think this build is still going to be as strong as it is now. Lower health pool + lower monster damage = Same thing as now, just a smaller health number you can see.

just my 2 cents anyways.
Hey Dragon, I saw this awesome build last week and read about the full repsec the same day, so I decided to revive my marauder and morph him into your build. The build is working pretty good so far, but the only thing that is lacking is the dmg atm. I was thinking about putting some points into more dmg, and I wanted your opinion on whether it mattered if I put points into pure physical dmg or into weapon specific physical dmg nodes like skull cracking, smashing blows, and bone smasher. I realize that a 6L will solve a lot of the dmg problems, but I just cant afford one atm. I would also like to hear your opinion on the build now that the new patch notes are out. This build looked so freakin awesome and fun to play, and I was looking forward to the full repsec on wednesday so that I can witness the full potential of the build, but now Im worried that the build is going to suffer from the patch. Splash and multistrike got buffed, do you think this will help with the low dmg? When did you notice your dmg increase, when u got a 6l? I hope you have time to answer and I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thanks again for this beastly build! :)
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Dragon, What is the alternative to ES and Aegis Aurora. The base block chance with a lioneyes remorse is 33 which is just 1 less than Lion-eyes. and the additional 6% block chance can be got from 1 more passive node?.

We have a full reset coming up and i am torn between two 1 hand +shield melee builds.
The second build i have in mind is this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/349082

I believe his build has more life and uses IR.

Can infernal blow + melee splash use IR?
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Jun 3, 2013, 2:43:21 PM
"
Zinja wrote:
Dragon, What is the alternative to ES and Aegis Aurora. The base block chance with a lioneyes remorse is 33 which is just 1 less than Lion-eyes. and the additional 6% block chance can be got from 1 more passive node?.

We have a full reset coming up and i am torn between two 1 hand +shield melee builds.
The second build i have in mind is this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/349082

I'm sure with the armor buff coming, this is definitely a viable option. However, with Aegis, I would think the Gain 4% of armor to energy shield on block is a huge stat to have.
"
Nazrak123 wrote:
Hello, is this build for hardcore or softcore?

I play default, but if I were to play HC I would feel very confident playing this build.

"
Knightmare101 wrote:
Hey Dragon, I saw this awesome build last week and read about the full repsec the same day, so I decided to revive my marauder and morph him into your build. The build is working pretty good so far, but the only thing that is lacking is the dmg atm. I was thinking about putting some points into more dmg, and I wanted your opinion on whether it mattered if I put points into pure physical dmg or into weapon specific physical dmg nodes like skull cracking, smashing blows, and bone smasher. I realize that a 6L will solve a lot of the dmg problems, but I just cant afford one atm. I would also like to hear your opinion on the build now that the new patch notes are out. This build looked so freakin awesome and fun to play, and I was looking forward to the full repsec on wednesday so that I can witness the full potential of the build, but now Im worried that the build is going to suffer from the patch. Splash and multistrike got buffed, do you think this will help with the low dmg? When did you notice your dmg increase, when u got a 6l? I hope you have time to answer and I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thanks again for this beastly build! :)

Put points into whichever passives give you the highest % dmg. It doesn't matter if they are weapon specific so long as your using that type of weapon ^_^ I will go over what my initial thoughts on the patch notes down below.

"
Zinja wrote:

I am assuming that by IR you are refering to Iron Grip since my build does and has always used Iron Reflexes. If this is the case, then no, Iron Grip will have no effect on Infernal Blow.

As for your question about Lioneye's remorse, you can use it but know that this build was created around Aegis Aurora and no other shield will perform as well. Aegis Aurora will be higher damage, higher block, and best of all will give you ES on block. Lioneye's is a viable option but pales in comparison to Aegis.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jun 3, 2013, 6:20:19 PM
Now that the patch notes are out I wanted to go over some of the key things that will be effecting this build. Please realize it is extremely hard to know how good or bad these changes are without being able to test them in game.

- Monster damage has been reduced in all difficulties to accompany the general reduction of Life and Energy Shield passive skills.

This is the biggest one. Unfortunately no numbers were given so it is still pure speculation as to how much this effects the build at this point.

- The attack range of all melee weapons and many monsters has been increased to better match their animations.

If I am reading this correctly, then we may have an even bigger aoe radius with splash, OR it may no longer be necessary to max both gems quality.

- Multistrike damage penalty reduced from 40% to 36%.
- Melee Splash damage penalty reduced from -20% to -16%.

8% increase in damage. No complaints here.

- Life percentage passives and most Energy Shield percentage passives have been reduced in line with the changes to monster damage.

Again, since no actual numbers are given it is impossible to know how bad this will actually be for the build. =(

- General and weapon-specific physical damage bonuses have been increased throughout the tree.

The main focus of the build has always been about being immortal more than damage. As such, there are few damage nodes taken. However, with upcoming changes it may become an option to forgo some defenses in favor of more damage.

- Elemental Adaptation has been reduced to 2% maximum resists. More changes to maximum resistances are coming in the future. The intention is that players cannot hit 100%.

Ouch. Big time. Not being at maximum resists is what has caused 90% of my deaths with this build. ANYTHING that messes with max resists is a HUGE nerf imo. Monsters will be doing less damage, but without knowing how much less I have to assume that this change will have a very negative impact on the build.

- Diamond Skin and the renamed Crystal Skin notable passives have been reduced from 15% to 12% resistances.

6% less elemental resist. Not huge, but still a nerf to the build.

- Inner Force has been reduced from 18% increased buff effect to 12%. The other increased buff effect passives have been reduced from 6% to 3%.

This hurts. A LOT. 12% less damage from hatred, wrath, and anger. 12% less elemental resistance and maximum resistance from purity. 12% less hp regen from vitality. 12% less evasion from grace. 12% less increase from all flasks and potions, you get the idea here. I think this nerf will actually cancel the damage buff from multistrike and splash.

Based on what I see so far, it is really hard to estimate what changes will be beneficial to the build. Without experiencing the new patch or having numbers to work with, I can't really tell how the build will fare.

My initial thoughts are that the build will be ok as is, but will be in need of some tweaking to be optimized. It is hard to see nerfs on patch notes and not get upset. But we have to keep in mind that monster damage has been lowered across the board. The nerfs are likely there to prevent the game from being to easy.

My gut tells me that at least one of the body and soul nodes will likely become a replacement for some hp nodes, and depending on how much spike damage the hard hitter bosses can do, I may just be dropping enough hp nodes to grab BOTH body and soul nodes.

Aside from that, I think the build will remain fun and just as strong as it is now. I look forward to checking it out on patch day.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jun 3, 2013, 6:22:03 PM
Dragon you are amazing man, you take so much time to explain things in detail and keep people informed about your opinion.

Keep up the good job and lets wait the patch to arrive and discuss from there.

Cheers
Looks awesome, i will try it in anarchy for sure.
What about bringer of rain with this build?
Should i leave weapon ele dmg out or is it mandatory?

seems pretty awesome. nice guide, im gunna try it.

it would probably work better when the patch drops wednesday with armor and melee buffs and such ya?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info