0.10.8 Patch Notes

"
abcnever wrote:
lol I don't get why ppl are complaining about map system, as GGG clearly mentioned that high level would be really hard to get by and getting to lvl 90+ through mapping is going to take ages. Yet ppl still complain.

It won't be changed, deal with it.

False. And i quote chris on this one:

"Our largest problem with the Map system is that high-level experience gain is gated by a system that was designed for gating high-level item acquisition."
I'm fairly certain the lucky/unlucky mechanic works like this:

After killing a particular mob, a number is randomly generated to determine its drops. Say, for example, the number is between 1 and 1000, and if the number is 1, a unique will drop, 2-10, a yellow will drop, 11-200, a blue will drop, and everything else, a white. 'Lucky' will roll this number twice and select the better outcome, whereas 'unlucky' will select the worse.
ign: iron_sheep
Last edited by Ironsheep on May 9, 2013, 2:24:51 AM
"
abcnever wrote:
lol I don't get why ppl are complaining about map system, as GGG clearly mentioned that high level would be really hard to get by and getting to lvl 90+ through mapping is going to take ages. Yet ppl still complain.

It won't be changed, deal with it.

Well, certainly not with that attitude! :)

The change doesn't have to come from maps, but some "ppl" want to level to max. As you probably know, the highest level toon on the game has gotten to that point by wearing XP gears and having his party carry him through high level maps. Doesn't seem to me that the game was designed to be that way, or should actually be that way, so I'm just expressing my hopes that new late/end game content will come sooner rather than later.
bye bye PoE
Last edited by Selky62 on May 9, 2013, 2:24:45 AM
"Graphical Effects have been given to the 3D models for Quill Rain"

Is this for both normal and season Quill Rain?
So with this lucky/unlucky thing is this going to be how RNG works now? Cause that's what is confusing me. Especially since the other two mechanics sound like special areas that can appear in the game ("ground").
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
GGG when you post notes ,please explain them.
Lucky/unlucky MEANS WHAT ?when you roll a chaos orb or an alchemy,you roll it twice? and the best/worse is selected?like rolling a chance orb?so you'll never get to chance a unique like kaom's? you are really smart guys but really messing this game way to much :)If you need to make uniques that you CAN'T chance just make them DROP ONLY.Have a nice day all !
"
Legend1285 wrote:
"
MyH4o wrote:
So nothing about maps? Come on...

You MUST be trolling?

"Merciless/Map Changes:
The content levels for several Act 3 Merciless areas have been changed:
- The Catacombs: 63 -> 67
- Battlefront: 61 -> 62
- Solaris Temple Level 2: 62 -> 63
- Solaris Temple Level 3: 62 -> 63
- The Docks: 62 -> 63
- Market Sewers: 62 -> 64
- Sewers Aqueduct: 62 -> 65
- Barracks: 62 -> 66
- Lunaris Temple Level 1: 63 -> 66
- Lunaris Temple Level 2: 63 -> 67
- Lunaris Temple Level 3: 64 -> 68
Non-map areas cannot drop Maps with a base level higher than 66.
Each map type now contains a special monster pack based on the theme of the area. This creates a monster variety between map types that players can plan around and lets us adjust the challenge of different map types beyond their size and layout.
The threshold level for currency penalty is unchanged. You will not treated as being higher than level 68 for purposes of the currency penalty.
Merciless Piety now has a dedicated map drop slot with a chance to drop a level 66 map.
The Catacombs now has a Scribe’s Rack chest that can drop scrolls or maps.
The Marketplace waypoint has been moved to being outside Catacombs entrance.
Previously, the item rarity bonuses of monsters would not affect any Maps that were dropped. This limitation has been removed, which means that bosses like Piety are likely to drop magic/rare Maps rather than white ones."

Oh yes, my bad - there is a special monster pack now to each map. HUGE HUGE CHANGES, YO.
SRY for me TROLLING... n/c...
Glad to see the changes so maps are easier to come by, and the barrier to running them reduced.

Now just give dual wielder melee phys characters a reason to exist and I'll be happy. :)
Why the buffs to Life and Mana Leech?

I'm not disagreeing with them, just want to know why. Seems out of the blue.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 9, 2013, 2:33:05 AM
"
Oh yes, my bad - there is a special monster pack now to each map. HUGE HUGE CHANGES, YO.
SRY for me TROLLING... n/c...

A pretty big deal, actually. It'd be nice to know going in that there is at least one monster type you can dispatch easily/be wary of. Right now map monsters are just random and the map type differences only matter for the bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info