0.10.8 Patch Notes

Wow I can't wait!! Keep up the awesome work GGG!! :D
Be One with all, not against all.
Pretty cool patch. New uniques are always exciting regardless of anything else but I am looking forward to the map system changes.
Standard Forever
- Lucky/Unlucky indicates that the random check is performed twice and the better/worse outcome is selected.

What does this mean?
IGN: Linsfamily_ST
Wasn't there supposed to be a change to the minimap as well? I must be blind.
"
Finnien wrote:

I have to say, right now playing just seems pointless. Map drop rates + xp death penalty + desynch issues pretty much combine to make me feel like I never accomplish anything, ever. The only good xp is in midlevel maps, and you have to run ten or fifteen low level maps per one midlevel one, it seems. Grinding just for the privilege of grinding... I'm tired.

Agree with this. Please let people take on higher challenge to get more xp. Running low level maps is really unappealing when your a much higher level.
Standard Forever
"
Finnien wrote:
I was really, really hoping something would be done to adjust map drop rates for midlevel maps. I'm sick and tired of spending literal days farming irrelevant 66-67 maps just to be able to chain up to a few 70+ maps, never making it above 73, only to start the entire grind over again.

I have to say, right now playing just seems pointless. Map drop rates + xp death penalty + desynch issues pretty much combine to make me feel like I never accomplish anything, ever. The only good xp is in midlevel maps, and you have to run ten or fifteen low level maps per one midlevel one, it seems. Grinding just for the privilege of grinding... I'm tired.

At level 86 I'm in complete agreement. The game has become difficult for me to enjoy playing at this point because I simply am unable to sustain a pool of maps with high enough level that would allow me to advance to the next level. I'm hoping GGG can address this sooner rather than later.
bye bye PoE
Last edited by Selky62 on May 9, 2013, 1:50:32 AM
Chris in 0.10.8 information thread you said that maps rewards will be revisited.
Rare, magic mobs may drop blue/yellow maps is that the change?
IGN - Burq
"
spiky0209 wrote:
- Lucky/Unlucky indicates that the random check is performed twice and the better/worse outcome is selected.

What does this mean?

This ^
"
Selky62 wrote:
"
Finnien wrote:
I was really, really hoping something would be done to adjust map drop rates for midlevel maps. I'm sick and tired of spending literal days farming irrelevant 66-67 maps just to be able to chain up to a few 70+ maps, never making it above 73, only to start the entire grind over again.

At level 86 I'm in complete agreement. The game has become difficult for me to enjoy playing at this point because I simply am unable to sustain a pool of maps with high enough level that would allow me to advance to the next level. I'm hoping GGG can address this sooner rather than later.

First off, great patch, can't wait.

Second, I agree with the above. While it IS fun to level a bunch of alts to lv 80 and no higher i do want a viable option as a solo player to level my main character higher for more passive points and the feel of progression.

The cost of running higher level maps to grind for exp is just too high for a casual solo player like myself.

While this patch is definately making characters easier to level to lv 80 or potentially a bit higher without relying on maps than before (which i presume is ~30-50% of the player base atm), this doesn't do much to help people at lv85+ to progress, and when the majority of players level to ~85 this becomes a bigger problem.

However, I have 100% faith in the smart and diligent folks at GGG that they realize this and is planning to do something to address it.

One temp solution on top of my head is to just raise the minimum tier maps to lv68 - after all the highest level non-map zones is 68 now, so only makes sense to raise map levels accordingly. Of course a bigger fix to the map system would be required, but think this little change will buy GGG some time to come up with a brilliant solution while keeping players slightly happier and occupied.
"
Bot3 wrote:
Maybe I'm just new here, but why did Chris call it the, "Shore Encampment" instead of Lioneye's Watch?

probably because it was the former name of the act 1 camp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info