0.10.8 Patch Notes

"
Hornet85 wrote:
"
Finnien wrote:

None of these changes address any of the problems that I've had with maps, personally. Making it easier to get 66 maps, and easier to run content comparable to 66 maps, doesn't solve the problem that it feels impossibly tedious to progress past 66-68 maps. 'Wait and see' when I've already been waiting and grinding and waiting and grinding basically makes me want to poke my eyes out. I don't need to wait and see to tell you I'm sick and tired of 66 maps. I'm tired of grinding for days for a brief shot at anything worthwhile. I'm tired of using alchs and chaoses and chisels on 70-73 maps, and getting absolutely nothing out of those maps, and having to start the whole thing over again. And I have less faith now that it'll be changed than I did yesterday, or a week ago. That's pretty depressing.

You have absolutely no idea what the drop rates of higher maps will be, do you?
Now that the maps will only drop from lower level maps, lets just wait and see how it drops before throwing a tantrum?

By the way, there are people who don't think high level maps should be easily accessible, they think it should be a currency sink or whatever they called it. I'm not one of them, but it just goes to show how diverse what the people want is. It's not just about your particular needs.

It will take awhile to find a balance that can keep most people happy.

what do u mean by "currency sink"? is that mean someone that can profit by selling their 77 map for 8 exalt? maybe u are one of the people that profit that way? that what make the map system broken, to play high lv map u should pay few exalt or play hundred to thousand low lv map? that reeally broken for me
Having a map drop as white is a kick in the stomach for any map worth doing as you would want to chisel it to 20%.

Was this change intended to reward high IIR groups but in actuality just forced an additional burden of 1 scouring on top of the 4 chisels(whose drop rates are abysmally low considering their consumption)? I run 354 rarity and I can already foresee the frustration of seeing every map dropping from a non white mob as non-white.

Chisels and scourings should be dropping at thrice the rate they currently are.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on May 9, 2013, 9:56:17 PM
When are we going to see a bugfix for the light radius % and reduced requirements affixes?
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
"
Nephalim wrote:
Having a map drop as white is a kick in the stomach for any map worth doing as you would want to chisel it to 20%.

Was this change intended to reward high IIR groups but in actuality just forced an additional burden of 1 scouring on top of the 4 chisels(whose drop rates are abysmally low considering their consumption)? I run 354 rarity and I can already foresee the frustration of seeing every map dropping from a non white mob as non-white.

Chisels and scourings should be dropping at thrice the rate they currently are.

scouring price will rise
"
Chris wrote:
This patch should be deployed early tomorrow afternoon, NZ time.

Version 0.10.8
Content:
  • Added four new Unique items, three of which were designed by our Diamond supporters. There are new general mechanics that first appear on these items:
  • - Consecrated Ground is a ground effect that provides life regeneration to allies.
  • - Desecrated ground is a ground effect that does chaos damage to enemies.
  • - Lucky/Unlucky indicates that the random check is performed twice and the better/worse outcome is selected.
  • New vendor recipes have been added. These are for specific niche purposes rather than being general currency recipes.
  • "Extra gore" effects granted by certain Unique items have been improved, along with slight changes to normal blood effects.
  • Added two new cosmetic microtransactions: Demon Hand Cleave and Emerald Rain of Arrows.
  • The Alternate Art Redbeak given out in the first race season has been given custom 3d art.
  • Graphical Effects have been given to the 3D models for Quill Rain and Rathpith Globe.
  • Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects and environments and audio.

Features:
  • Improved the forced delay on acceptance when other trader changed or removed items and rapidly accepted in single item trades.
  • Reverb has been added to audio in selected areas. Some players may need to adjust their audio volumes in response to this.
  • Boss music now stops on boss death.
  • NPCs turn to face the player when dialogue is initiated.
  • Website forum searches now allow time based queries and filters.
  • Skill Gems now display Mana Multiplier instead of Mana Cost Multiplier.
  • Added a letter from Piety to Arteri in the Western Forest, with a voice acted passage that explains more of the story related to The Way Forward quest.
  • Added the Letters of Exile in Lioneye's Watch. This object can be clicked to show information about the history of some of Wraeclast's exiles.

Merciless/Map Changes:
  • The content levels for several Act 3 Merciless areas have been changed:
  • - The Catacombs: 63 -> 67
  • - Battlefront: 61 -> 62
  • - Solaris Temple Level 2: 62 -> 63
  • - Solaris Temple Level 3: 62 -> 63
  • - The Docks: 62 -> 63
  • - Market Sewers: 62 -> 64
  • - Sewers Aqueduct: 62 -> 65
  • - Barracks: 62 -> 66
  • - Lunaris Temple Level 1: 63 -> 66
  • - Lunaris Temple Level 2: 63 -> 67
  • - Lunaris Temple Level 3: 64 -> 68
  • Non-map areas cannot drop Maps with a base level higher than 66.
  • Each map type now contains a special monster pack based on the theme of the area. This creates a monster variety between map types that players can plan around and lets us adjust the challenge of different map types beyond their size and layout.
  • The threshold level for currency penalty is unchanged. You will not treated as being higher than level 68 for purposes of the currency penalty.
  • Lunaris Temple Level 3 has been reduced in size by around 15%.
  • Merciless Piety now has a dedicated map drop slot with a chance to drop a level 66 map.
  • The Catacombs now has a Scribe’s Rack chest that can drop scrolls or maps.
  • The Marketplace waypoint has been moved to being outside Catacombs entrance.
  • Previously, the item rarity bonuses of monsters would not affect any Maps that were dropped. This limitation has been removed, which means that bosses like Piety are likely to drop magic/rare Maps rather than white ones.

Balance:
  • Lightning Warp now has increased damage at high levels and it now has a 3% reduced skill effect duration per level after the first.
  • Discharge now has increased damage at high levels.
  • Freeze Mine has had its cast time for laying the mine decreased to 500ms from 1 second.
  • The detonation time for all mines has been reduced to 200ms from 1 second.
  • Puncture now has increased damage at high levels and Physical Damage % added to it that increases each level, to match other similar skills. Puncture may now be used with Two Handed Swords.
  • The Life Leech Support gem now starts at 5% leech and progresses in smaller increments up to 8.8% leech at Level 20.
  • The Mana Leech Support gem now starts at 2% and goes up in smaller increments, reaching 5.1% at Level 20.
  • Asphyxia, the boss of the Reef map has been redesigned, with new stats, skills and AI.
  • The notable passive Deep Thoughts near the Witch area has been changed to: +20% maximum mana, +20% mana regeneration, 20 Intelligence.
  • The notable passive Deep Thoughts between the Ranger and Shadow start area has been changed to a Mana Flows notable passive.

Bug Fixes:
  • Town instances now have a 20 second ping timeout rather than 6 seconds.
  • Fixed a bug where instances would sometimes crash when multiple players were entering a new map.
  • Fixed a bug where Devouring Totem would attempt to raise a corpse on its own location which is then killed, causing an instance crash.
  • Fixed a bug where projectiles could appear at the wrong height.
  • Fixed a bug where Shield Charge consumes mana when frozen.
  • Fixed a bug where a specific skeleton pack in map areas would always spawn as magic.
  • Fixed a bug where characters wearing Icetomb were affected by chilled ground.

We hope you like this patch. Thanks again for your generous support and continued feedback.
So much whining! Thanks GGG, keep it up ;)
is the server up?
Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but the character voices are very quiet after this patch. All other sounds seem okay, but character "remarks" are very low in volume. Thanks.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Just noticed the 'ffi' in words like "Official" and "Officer" in the Letters of Exile are not showing up.
Loving the change to adding incremental increase to the life and mana leech gems, they now don't feel like worthless gems to level up half the time :)

Really keen to sink my teeth into Catacombs and Piety to see how they feel now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info