0.10.8 Patch Notes

"
Filousov wrote:
"
abcnever wrote:
lol I don't get why ppl are complaining about map system, as GGG clearly mentioned that high level would be really hard to get by and getting to lvl 90+ through mapping is going to take ages. Yet ppl still complain.

It won't be changed, deal with it.

It's bad system. The difficulty should not be capped by the amount of work you have to do to get higher lvl maps.

The bigger difficulty should be freely available so that everyone can taste the challenge whenever wanted. It's difficulty which should be overwhelming under-geared and also maybe geared players, not the fact that you have to run like headless chicken to get to that difficulty.

The intention is that higher ilvl gear is gated from players without putting in a lot of effort and currency to enter this content and this gear. They have said it wasn't intended for XP to be gated this way.

Now, do I agree with it?
Well, I can see reason in it.
However, what I find absolutely fkn ludicrous, is that this 'gated' gear is freely available to be purchased from players that are running this content, as rolled gear or as whites to craft with. What makes this even more absurd, is that the best equipable gear for any person at any point in lvling comes from higher ilvl gear with a low base lvl at 80% of the highest rolled mod.

This^, in a loot find game, is a massive design flaw.
Casually casual.

Will existing life and mana leech gems get the new updated stats?
"
zriL wrote:
"
hzero wrote:
"
zriL wrote:
What does "reduced skill duration effect" mean on lightning warp ?

It means you can cast lightning warp faster. (shorter travel time)

Does this mean that "increased skill effect duration" from the passive tree or "increased duration" gem increases the travel time ? This is quite unexpected.

Generally in this game if something is meant to be positive it will stay that way. You won't find a negative effect on a skill by getting a certain node in the passive tree. Increased skill duration is associated with skills that it benefits, like curses and things like that.
+1 to what gh0un said.

Why don't you consider making mobs in high level maps much tougher and stronger to limit access to high level items & experience gain instead of limiting map drops? It is SO.DAMN.FRUSTRATING when I can finish a 120% quantity Area Is Larger Plateau in 8 minutes with my team and have to return to WHAT? Lv66 Maps because no map dropped.

Yes sometimes a 75 map can drop 5+ 75+ map too, but does it have to be luck that solely determines if a player can get access to high level contents? No please.

IGN: JesusFChrist
MY Rate: 1Exalted = 11GCP = 35Chaos = 76Fusing
"
ariakan wrote:
Hi Chris, GGG and all ppl here.

This is my first post ever on the forum. I'm playing POE since Closed beta, but MUCH more with Open beta.

So i have many 70+ characters and i only expect one thing: to drop map higher than useless 66.
That said, i have to say i TOTALLY agree with what Gh0un posted.

Theses changes are made for noob casual players... farm piety like u would farm diablo? is that the point? Now you are level 80, u get no xp from farming Lunaris, will you absolutely WASTE hours farming 66 maps to get higher levels maps? i hope not, but it will be like that until you guys change something...

What is really cool with GGG is that you are listening to the community. I have to agree that many players seems happy with that. How long?

Putting lvl 68 aeras is not a bad thing, limiting the level map drop to 66 is pretty bad according to me. Things can be changed in different ways:
- minimum level of map is 68
- if minimum level of map is still 66 make higher level aeras drop higher level maps
- if none of these solutions seems good to you, PLEASE make something so that we don't drop level 66 maps while doing 69+ maps.... this is frustrating.

Well, maybe you also want to encourage ppl to buy at high cost the higher level maps? i really dont know.

Just for you know, this is not a "rage" post, i'll still play POE. But level 66 maps are alrdy "boring", i mean that it's pretty much like i would farm docks. I guess it will be not that worst as far as i'm almost level 80. The problem will still remain: we have not enough high level maps.

BTW, will you make rly high level maps? 80-89 ? or is it intented to limit xp farm?

Sorry for my baaaad english :)

Please take time to read that kind of post ( iknow u do ;O)
+1. I've defended GGG many times but their end game and idiots that defend it have soured me from supporting them. Some simple solutions to fix this shit but they don't care.
delete
Last edited by Drakqt on May 9, 2013, 11:59:25 AM
Thanks as always Chris; looking forward to the new patch. Love seeing custom 3D artwork for the Uniques. It's not how you play, it's how you look doing it.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Great!

Will there be passive resets for those people who have Deep Thoughts or nodes near them? Those changes make obtaining the nodes much more attractive.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Kraityn's been busy
so is patch at like 2am uk time same as normal?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info