0.10.8 Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
The Life Leech Support gem now starts at 5% leech and progresses in smaller increments up to 8.8% leech at Level 20.
The Mana Leech Support gem now starts at 2% and goes up in smaller increments, reaching 5.1% at Level 20.

Really nice. Now my Cold Crit CI Witch can leech much better. Will the already existing life leech gem changed? or do u we have to get the new one to be able to get the new %Leech ?

"
Chris wrote:
The notable passive Deep Thoughts near the Witch area has been changed to: +20% maximum mana, +20% mana regeneration, 20 Intelligence.

Nice too. Another thing that will help my builds.

All in all , good work.
have a nice day,
Kerze123
+1 to what gh0un said.
"
Jillys wrote:
Good to see that you guys are reworking some "weak/not so good" skills, but didnt you mention something about maybe changing the quality bonuses?
I personally would love to see a revamp of the quality bonuses on most skills gems, so that they ended up more like lightning strikes quality bonus. Quality on a gem shouldnt alwaysbe good imo, it should add another lvl on build depth.

I disagree. I think quality bonuses should be rather straightforward bonuses. Think about how many GCPs it takes to get the quality of a gem to 20%. It needs to actually be worth it.

Furthermore, the quality bonus of Lightning Strike is a perfect example of how NOT to make a quality bonus. The quality bonus for this gem prevents you from using Chain or Fork with LS, which I think most people can agree are superior to pierce. Support gems are the way of changing the way a skill behaves, and the quality bonus should only be a flat upgrade, not a "side grade". Changing the way it behaves will make it worse for some builds, and I think everyone who uses a particular skill should be entitled to a quality bonus.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"
hzero wrote:
"
zriL wrote:
What does "reduced skill duration effect" mean on lightning warp ?

It means you can cast lightning warp faster. (shorter travel time)

Does this mean that "increased skill effect duration" from the passive tree or "increased duration" gem increases the travel time ? This is quite unexpected.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on May 9, 2013, 11:11:46 AM
Hi Chris, GGG and all ppl here.

This is my first post ever on the forum. I'm playing POE since Closed beta, but MUCH more with Open beta.

So i have many 70+ characters and i only expect one thing: to drop map higher than useless 66.
That said, i have to say i TOTALLY agree with what Gh0un posted.

Theses changes are made for noob casual players... farm piety like u would farm diablo? is that the point? Now you are level 80, u get no xp from farming Lunaris, will you absolutely WASTE hours farming 66 maps to get higher levels maps? i hope not, but it will be like that until you guys change something...

What is really cool with GGG is that you are listening to the community. I have to agree that many players seems happy with that. How long?

Putting lvl 68 aeras is not a bad thing, limiting the level map drop to 66 is pretty bad according to me. Things can be changed in different ways:
- minimum level of map is 68
- if minimum level of map is still 66 make higher level aeras drop higher level maps
- if none of these solutions seems good to you, PLEASE make something so that we don't drop level 66 maps while doing 69+ maps.... this is frustrating.

Well, maybe you also want to encourage ppl to buy at high cost the higher level maps? i really dont know.

Just for you know, this is not a "rage" post, i'll still play POE. But level 66 maps are alrdy "boring", i mean that it's pretty much like i would farm docks. I guess it will be not that worst as far as i'm almost level 80. The problem will still remain: we have not enough high level maps.

BTW, will you make rly high level maps? 80-89 ? or is it intented to limit xp farm?

Sorry for my baaaad english :)

Please take time to read that kind of post ( iknow u do ;O)
"
abcnever wrote:
lol I don't get why ppl are complaining about map system, as GGG clearly mentioned that high level would be really hard to get by and getting to lvl 90+ through mapping is going to take ages. Yet ppl still complain.

It won't be changed, deal with it.

It's bad system. The difficulty should not be capped by the amount of work you have to do to get higher lvl maps.

The bigger difficulty should be freely available so that everyone can taste the challenge whenever wanted. It's difficulty which should be overwhelming under-geared and also maybe geared players, not the fact that you have to run like headless chicken to get to that difficulty.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
I really hope that the LL/ML support gems get changed with the patch and not create legacy items. Other than that, looks like a good patch. I can live with the new level-area changes.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
It's nice that deep thoughts got buffed, now move it IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING POWER CHARGES. seriously.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
I'm in favor of making all existing skills/supports worthwhile over adding in new ones for now, too many just aren't worthwhile,
66 and 67 map levels have just became useless.
You should have gotten rid of them and make 68 the lowest map level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info