F.A.Q. -- READ THIS BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION, IT MIGHT BE ANSWERED HERE.

"
bahamut6667 wrote:
My question is will we b able to buy the kiwi or gold or diamond packs etc after the game is released cos i dont have the money atm but in near future would love to donate to help u guys out and would like to get kiwi pet t-shirt etc but am afraid im gonna miss out on that stuff :(

Believe they stated Kiwi's are Closed Beta only. They will have more things you can buy when the game goes into Open Beta though.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Listen I like the Idea of a wiki added to "Path Of Exile".
But what I mean is that they really need to make this Single-Player. I like the idea of chatting and all but what about all the HACKERS if someone hacks the game now he/she will dominate the whole and there will be no more competitive and fun kind of thing.

Moderators, please listen everyone likes this whole Multi-Player thing but please make this a very secure game. You can always make Servers. From PRIVATE to PUBLIC or PASSWORD PROTECTED.

Don't leave this comment unread and think about it !
This is true we all should be able to buy some T-Shirts, Toys etc to make this game better and more um.......
better ???
Mr. Necromuso < fixed.
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
"
MisterNecro wrote:

Moderators, please listen everyone likes this whole Multi-Player thing but please make this a very secure game. You can always make Servers. From PRIVATE to PUBLIC or PASSWORD PROTECTED.

Don't leave this comment unread and think about it !

I think you mean Devs, not Moderators -- we're just volunteers who do a little forum house-keeping here and there.

As for the single player thing, you should do a forum search of those two words and see what turns up. It's not going to happen, but it's good to read more thoroughly why.

Your suggestion for private games strikes me as odd -- all instances are private but for those to which you give a name, thus making them 'public'. And there will be entire leagues that people can run that effectively create a separate version of the game. I seriously do not fear hackers from a personal perspective.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
Could someone quickly explain to me how the PoE multiplayer works? For what I've understood there is a main town/area where all players in the server are simultaneously connected and from there you can choose tor run a instanced area with or without a party, right?
So here are my questions in a more specific display:

Are the characters server-bind, or can I play in any server with any character?

What other purpose does the common area serve for besides providing a social space for all the multiplayer interaction?

How do the instances work, can I join a already created "public" instance,if there is such a thing as public or private party, is there some kind of list with all the publicly available instances?

Correct me if Im wrong but it seems that PoE is like Big lobby, like the old battle.net, where you can chat, create games, enter games and all that good stuff but, differently from battle.net, you are actually in a virtual space logged with your character. Am am missing something important?
Nice, very helpful even though I don't have beta acess
Game will be translating on other lang? For example, on Russian(мой язык)? Sorry for badly English...
Russian Тузики...
Last edited by MrTuziX on Jul 24, 2012, 11:13:40 AM
"
moccorongo wrote:
Are the characters server-bind, or can I play in any server with any character?

There are a couple of gateways available at the start loginscreen (American or European). This is only to improve your latency, American people and European people can communicate through global chat.

The distinction is made in different difficulties.
e.g. If you are in normal difficulty you won't be able to communicate with people from Cruel, Ruthless or Merciless.

"
moccorongo wrote:
What other purpose does the common area serve for besides providing a social space for all the multiplayer interaction?

If you refer as 'common area' to the shore encampent and the forest encampment: It doesn't really have any purpose, you can sell and buy items there and also check if there are any public parties.

"
moccorongo wrote:
How do the instances work, can I join a already created "public" instance,if there is such a thing as public or private party, is there some kind of list with all the publicly available instances?

There are public and private parties. Private parties is something you can't join, except if you get an invite from the partyleader. There is a list in both shore encampment and forest encampment of the public parties available for you, you can join it anytime (if it's not full).
Last edited by Spectruma on Jul 25, 2012, 4:14:43 AM
When can we expect cut-throat leagues?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info