F.A.Q. -- READ THIS BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION, IT MIGHT BE ANSWERED HERE.

I don't know if we are allowed to ask questions in here? But there's one thing that needs to be clearified for me.

In the item data there's
'Base critical strike multiplier +%'
'Critical strike chance +%'
'Local critical strike chance +%'

I can figure out what the regular +critical strike chance means.

I have a hunch that base critical strike multiplier is for the damage of critical hits?

But what does the word 'local' stand for?

Thanks in advance~
"
drag0n91 wrote:
Nice Thread, i would lie if i would say, im here to Read it... but i will read it, as soon as i get one Beta-Key..

I would read this while im downloading and installing my game, but no... don't give me a chance reading this <3

So if you want me to read this Q/A.. give me a key xD

I just gave a key away on the forums a couple weeks ago.

"
I don't know if we are allowed to ask questions in here? But there's one thing that needs to be clearified for me.

In the item data there's

I have a hunch that base critical strike multiplier is for the damage of critical hits?

Thanks in advance~

Increased critical damage is the first one. Critical Strike chance increase is simply what it says though it is multiplicative not additive. And local is what you have I am assuming.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Last edited by Dark0mens on Jun 28, 2012, 11:58:31 AM
"
Dark0mens wrote:
"
drag0n91 wrote:
Nice Thread, i would lie if i would say, im here to Read it... but i will read it, as soon as i get one Beta-Key..

I would read this while im downloading and installing my game, but no... don't give me a chance reading this <3

So if you want me to read this Q/A.. give me a key xD

"

I just gave a key away on the forums a couple weeks ago.

But that doesn't really help me or im wrong? :P
Last edited by drag0n91 on Jun 28, 2012, 12:00:34 PM
"
And local is what you have I am assuming.

So that's like base critical hit chance? So that would be additive in place of multiplicative?
please dont ask for keys 10$ isnt much to support a small indie group.
Please don't pm me asking for beta keys :)
Cool bought a pack couple days ago been loving game but was wondering about the Linked support gems.

Will I know I have a support gem when i see it/ look at its description.

Also to clarify these support gems are a seperate specific type different to the skill ones?

Also as mentioned above 10$ us or about 13$ kiwi pesos is not much to get involved and help out making a great game better.

If not I imagine asking for beta keys on here is probably not to conducive to getting yourself one.
Tu Meke GGG
"
Sillex wrote:
please dont ask for keys 10$ isnt much to support a small indie group.

This. There is a board dedicated to beta invites and this isn't part of it. Quite honestly, saying you won't read this FAQ until you get a key feels almost like blackmail -- if you intend to play, you really should at least glance at this FAQ before doing so. Dark0mens compiled this list based entirely on in-game experience, likely from people who downloaded the game without researching much at all first.

Just how easy do we have to make it for people?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Good job!

One question that often comes back is "Will my characters be deleted after the beta? Do I keep the names?"
"
Spectruma wrote:

In the item data there's

Thanks in advance~

"Local" modifiers are only applied to items that have that stat, and they only affect the stat on that item.

For example, the local crit chance mods can only show up on weapons. Because weapons are the only things that have a critical chance. So a piece of armour can't have the local crit chance mods on it. Likewise, a weapon can't have the local armour mods on it.

So, if you have a piece of armour with a local armour mod on it of +100% increased armour, that specific piece of armour will give you additional armour, but it won't apply an increase to your gloves or your helmet.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Last edited by TheRabbit303 on Jun 28, 2012, 7:00:22 PM
I second this question during reset on the open beta day do my chars get deleted or reset I would really like to keep the name sillex I been using it for the last 12 years of my life.
Please don't pm me asking for beta keys :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info