F.A.Q. -- READ THIS BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION, IT MIGHT BE ANSWERED HERE.

They get reset. You keep character names and anything you purchased in the store. Stash gets wiped as well ofc.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
TheRabbit303 wrote:

"Local" modifiers are only applied to items that have that stat, and they only affect the stat on that item.

For example, the local crit chance mods can only show up on weapons. Because weapons are the only things that have a critical chance. So a piece of armour can't have the local crit chance mods on it. Likewise, a weapon can't have the local armour mods on it.

So, if you have a piece of armour with a local armour mod on it of +100% increased armour, that specific piece of armour will give you additional armour, but it won't apply an increase to your gloves or your helmet.

Ah ok. Now I understand, so that particular suffix that adds local critical hit chance won't be available to get on armour, as armour can't have a crit chance modifier.

Thank you for clearing that up :).

Other question: I'm planning on making a dual wielding marauder with swords, using crits. I already found a thread about this and I've found some good ideas there.

But my question is, are swords a good weapon for critical hit based dualwielder? Do they have a high base critical hit ratio? Some people could perhaps share the highest critical hit ratio they found on a sword so far?

Thanks in advance~
Good work OP.
I also wanted to make a thread like this a while ago, but the amount of work to keep it up-to-date was putting me off :P
Sweeping Maid
The reason I did not put the OB question in there is that it only affects people already in beta and not the general public of people who have not had the privilege to be in beta already. But I already answered it in my reply earlier. I will look to adding this in the FAQ. I had posted an FAQ in the beta forums as well where I intended to put things that pertained to OB but I wasn't going to fight to keep it on the front page by bumping it needlessly.

What do the attributes do? As in, does Strength increase armour or just weapon damage? Does Intelligence increase crit rates? A list of attribute effects would be very much appreciated. I do not have a beta key yet and the information would really help a newbie theorycraft. Sorry if this question has already been answered elsewhere, but I'v searched the forums and haven't found one.
I don't have a betakey yet either. But I believe the answer to your question is on the page with the descriptions of the classes.

[SOURCE] - http://www.pathofexile.com/classes/

Strength confers raw brute power, and is represented on weapons by high base damage. Strength armor pieces grant physical damage reduction.

Dexterity confers agility in combat, and is represented on weapons by faster attack speeds. Dexterity armor pieces grant the ability to evade enemy blows more often.

Intelligence confers knowledge – of both arcane magic and deadly combat techniques. It is represented on weapons through improved critical strikes. Intelligence armor pieces grant the wearer a mystical energy shield which protects them from blows and can recharge when they are out of combat.
Last edited by Spectruma on Jun 30, 2012, 6:36:16 AM
"
I don't have a betakey yet either. But I believe the answer to your question is on the page with the descriptions of the classes.

I've read that ofc, but I also remember reading somewhere that Dex increases accuracy as well as attack speed. That is what prompted me to ask this question in the first place, since it appears to me that the attributes do more than just the stated functions on the classes page.
Very Helpful!!!!

Thanks.
Never mind, found the answer in the Mechanics thread. Thanks anyway.
This is a more generalized basic FAQ. If you want to know something technical or a bit more in depth there are several other guides like the mechanics thread. There are also several links to the other threads that cover some areas that are touched on in this FAQ in much more depth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info