Please bring the game to the Xbox 360

POE has very scale-able graphics and probably wouldn't be too hard to port to the 360 or PS3 - purely on a hardware-level - but in order to port to the 360 or PS3, you need to expend massive amounts of resources, unless the engine you're designing is built in mind from the start for being easily-portable. I doubt GGG's engine is like that.

It would be exceedingly difficult to map POE's controls to the 360, with a severe limitation on the amount of skills you can use at once.

Also, M$ charges an arm and a leg for patches. I believe your first patch for your game is free, but all successive patches on XBL/A cost somewhere to the tune of $50,000 USD. Which is offensive, considering the cost of bandwidth and what little effort it requires on M$'s part. Their practice of charging obscene amounts for patches is what has killed dedicated free support for console games.

Considering the cost to port and the small additional customerbase acquired from doing so... no way. Won't work.

Many other companies have tried to get F2P games on M$, but they're very $$$-oriented, so deals are pretty one-sided. A much larger developer, CCP, was unable to secure Dust 514, a F2P shooter, for the 360, due to M$'s price. I doubt POE would fair a better fate. Although their talk was never disclosed, I'm SURE M$ wanted not only to charge them $50k per patch to their game, but they also wanted a cut of the microtransactions via M$ points.

Meanwhile, Steam lets developers patch for free... and even offers them services to help them patch and provide additional consumer support :/
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jun 27, 2012, 2:49:10 PM
Really don't think it will be on Xbox 360 at least for a while if ever at all.
First off, I don't think it will happen simply because of the way Microsoft is, and because of the current size of GGG.

However, I would LOVE to see this game on my 360. Sacred 2 works great on it. I would REALLY love to see this end up in the indie marketplace.

A final thought: As soon as I saw the title of this thread I KNEW there would be some PC snobs slobbering at their keyboards just DYING to insult the "lesser hardcore" console gamers.

"

Hell no people. Anyone suggesting this must belong to the crowd that has a terrible PC and can't spend the $ to upgrade.

Get over yourself. Console gaming is about convenience and accessibility. Put a game in, said game works. Some people like that.

I personally wouldn't trade one for the other, so I do both. Snobbery in any form disgusts me, and makes this community look bad.
I don't have sig :D -- gracy123
Last edited by Onionspam on Jun 27, 2012, 7:33:52 PM
"
Onionspam wrote:

Get over yourself. Console gaming is about convenience and accessibility. Put a game in, said game works. Some people like that.

I personally wouldn't trade one for the other, so I do both. Snobbery in any form disgusts me, and makes this community look bad.

Snobbery? Get over myself? Don't read into it so deep buddy.
I am against console gaming in the sense that in the last few years its ruining PC gaming. Dumbed down half ass ports are what we get now, where we used to lead and represent.
And what about put it in and it works? I'm not even sure what you mean there. I can play anything I want on PC. And if I chose to, I could hook it up to the TV and make it a multi-media center.
Consoles are cheap, overheating dumbed down toys for the teens and kiddies.
And ya, I am of the opinion that only people using out of date parts would ask for this. I can't fathom why you would want it.
"
Onionspam wrote:

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I KNEW there would be some PC snobs slobbering at their keyboards just DYING to insult the "lesser hardcore" console gamers.
[

Hmm. Hypocrite much? You sound jealous and resentful.
Why would you want it ported to an inferior platform?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jun 27, 2012, 7:49:40 PM
"
"
Onionspam wrote:

Snobbery? Get over myself? Don't read into it so deep buddy.
I am against console gaming in the sense that in the last few years its ruining PC gaming. Dumbed down half ass ports are what we get now, where we used to lead and represent.
And what about put it in and it works? I'm not even sure what you mean there. I can play anything I want on PC. And if I chose to, I could hook it up to the TV and make it a multi-media center.
And ya, I am of the opinion that only people using out of date parts would ask for this. I can't fathom why you would want it.
"
Onionspam wrote:

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I KNEW there would be some PC snobs slobbering at their keyboards just DYING to insult the "lesser hardcore" console gamers.
[

Hmm. Hypocrite much? You sound jealous and resentful.
Why would you want it ported to an inferior platform?

gotta agree on some things here, consoles definitely ruined the TES series
"
That's quite a spray-and-pray insult that hits more people than just your target. There's no need to insult people for liking something you don't like.

A lot of gamers enjoy both PC and console games. I strongly prefer PC gaming, but I own a 360, PS3, Wii, and 6 older consoles. I play each of them every few months or so. I play each of them for different reasons. I like my shooters, ARPG's, and flyers on PC. Strategy games, arcade games, turn-based RPG's, story RPG's, and music games are great on the 360. The Wii is just different in a fun way. Older consoles have charm and nostalgia that nothing can emulate (my second-most played console is my NES, after the 360).
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jun 27, 2012, 8:19:16 PM
I actually have to side with those that believe consoles are worthless, because, well... without specialized components they are literally worthless compared to PCs.

If consoles offered 2x the visuals for 50% the price for being a highly specialized device, they would be worth it... however that's not how it works.

They offer perhaps 80% of the visuals (which drops to like 30% in a few years [or starts at 30% for the wii and drops to 5%,]) 20% of the control (controllers vs. mouse and keyboard, [or 2% for the original wii remote :P]) and for that they often only cost 25% less than a reasonable PC that offers 100%.

If they were modularized and hardware swappable, allowed alternative controls in all games, and cost less than half of a PC.. with even equal visuals... I'd dislike them less, but as it stands now, PCs can do everything better than a console.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
...PCs can do everything better than a console.
I agree with that.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"

You sound jealous and resentful.

Jealous of...what? You do realize that I'm playing PoE on my PC right now, right? So no, I'm not jealous.

And to say that consoles are for "teens and kiddies" is childish and silly.

I play minecraft on my PC, I play minecraft on my 360. When I wanna run a mod or texture pack or whatever I run it on windows. But sometimes I just wanna relax in my comfy chair with a controller in my hand and the surround sound going. I did the same thing with Morrowind, Half Life 1 and 2, and several others.

I wouldn't mind the same experience with PoE. I'm not following your logic about how that makes me immature. What is immature however is me allowing myself to get sucked in to this argument by your offensive post. I forgot that rule #1 is to not feed the trolls.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
zeto wrote:
...PCs can do everything better than a console.
I agree with that.

I too, would agree. But when I really love a game, I like to get as many versions of it as I can, so I can play it in whatever situation. Hell, if they'd port PoE to android or some handheld I'd buy it.

Just like Minecraft the PC version would be the superior version, but it wouldn't hurt to have a console version as long as it doesn't spread the devs out too thin (which in this case it probably would).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info