/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

24 Hour Marathon Sale

Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Tomorrow, from 9am PST (4am NZ time), we'll discounting a microtransaction by 50% every hour for 24 hours! To give people two chances at each effect, we've selected 12 microtransactions and will be repeating the set twice (so if you miss out on one, just check back again 12 hours later). They cover a lot of popular weapon effects, wings and helmet effects. Deep discounts on the most popular microtransactions like these don't come along often!

Since it starts at noon EST I'll be able to catch most of them. If I miss any I hope some one else will get them. Thank you.

Edit: Hmm... a Wednesday 24 hour sale. If Ghostflame weapon effect comes up I just may have to get it. That superluminous greenish flame is super cool looking. The skull is cool looking too. GGG needs to add the rest to make it a complete set. Even though pants will never be a standard piece of gear (Zapp Brannigan ... my eyes! ... my eyes!!) GGG should make it a microtransaction for the complete gear sets.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 17, 2014, 7:49:22 AM
Chris and the devs have teased pants upcoming in the next patch so much, I don't know what's real or troll anymore.

You got your Ghostflame Weapon on now (and in 12 hours), nice. I hope the skull does come up too, I missed it when it was DD before.
Infernal Weapon Effect: 140 points, 50% off
"
ionface wrote:
Chris and the devs have teased pants upcoming in the next patch so much, I don't know what's real or troll anymore.

You got your Ghostflame Weapon on now (and in 12 hours), nice. I hope the skull does come up too, I missed it when it was DD before.

Just got back from a job, I see I missed the Ghostflame Weapon Effect. I can get in at 12:00 am EST when it repeats. Unless I have an emergency I'm in for the rest of the afternoon and evening to keep the Daily Deals spreadsheet updated. Thanks to the one who got the 1st hour sale recorded.

Chris is the senior GGG troll so I'd bet the addition of pants (maybe with act 4?) is most likely him trolling. Same as the picture several months back of their office with Chris in it and on a table in the background was a fishing pole. To date I've never seen a White Albino Feather nor a fishing rod so I'm believing that was all troll and PoE doesn't have fishing like Torchlight does.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 17, 2014, 1:46:37 PM
Awesome I been waiting for this!! Time to buy another pack!
Git R Dun!
Ghostflame Weapon Effect: 110 points, 50% off (9:00 am PST)
Infernal Weapon Effect: 140 points, 50% off (10:00 am PST)
Seraph Weapon Effect: 110 points, 50% off (11:00 am PST)

Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 17, 2014, 7:52:59 PM
Lighting Weapon effect 30 min left.

135 pts

50% off
Git R Dun!
Lightning Weapon Effect: 135 points, 50% off (12:00 pm PST)

Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 17, 2014, 4:37:22 PM
Vampiric Weapon Effect: 95 points, 51% off (1:00 pm PST)

Tentacle Wings Back Attachment: 175 points, 50% off (2:00 pm PST)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info