/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

Lol, now even the sales are RNG :D glad I stumbled upon the weapon effect.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Uhm.... Ghostflame Weapon effect 50% off - 110 points. 1 hour only.

Would've been nice to have some advance warning before you started up a "day of one hour deals" at four in the morning, but... your call!

QFT. =0[.]o=

that's what it says but, it actually took 220 out of me, gonna contact support :\

edit: they refunded it for me.
Last edited by LeeSungKyung on Sep 16, 2014, 1:28:18 PM
"
LeeSungKyung wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Uhm.... Ghostflame Weapon effect 50% off - 110 points. 1 hour only.

Would've been nice to have some advance warning before you started up a "day of one hour deals" at four in the morning, but... your call!

QFT. =0[.]o=

that's what it says but, it actually took 220 out of me, gonna contact support :\

It was only for one hour and probably expired just before you clicked...
You should be able to claim your points back.
^

I got it back, I got it before it hit the hour mark, I dual wield so it went to only one weapon, thought it would go to both since I asked multiple streamers if it applies on both and they said yes. Thinks worked out anyway :P.
Are you sure you are looking at the main PoE Daily Deals. Mine still shows Upgrade to Premium Stash Tab. If GGG was going to do another 24 hour marathon sale they would have announced it at least a week prior to it and I'm sure they would want to do it on Saturday (USA). Only other reason you get a different sale is someone is hacking the URL (possibly a browser hijack Windows infection). Everybody with this problem should immediately run Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, Combofix, etc. to ensure your Windows isn't infected with malware.

Edit: Also if you use certain models of Linksys/Cisco routers there is a known vulnerability that results in the router getting infected and your normal web pages are being redirected. Since this is a corruption of the running memory image in the router all you need to do is power cycle the router. Just did a quick Google and Linksys is calling it the Moon malware infection. I've personally seen the problem on a Linksys 4000 series router. It was telling me I needed to update my Adobe Flash Player and when I clicked on the button it took me to what looked like a normal 1-2-3 Flash Player install webpage but the hackers didn't quite get everything perfect and in the middle number 2 section where you need to uncheck and opt out of the Chrome or McAfee utility install there were spelling errors that red flagged to me as a hijacking at the router level. That explained why my malware scans came up empty. Windows wasn't infected, the damn router was.

Edit 2: Now that we know there is a 24 hour marathon sale today (9/17/14) that explains the error yesterday as it was a mistake that was quickly corrected. Still, you can never be too careful with MS-Windows and making sure you don't have a malware infection should be a part of your monthly routine. I always run scans every month to make sure I'm virus and malware free.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 17, 2014, 7:42:54 AM
"
ionface wrote:
Did anyone else see that Vampiric Weapon 51% off just now? I saw two daily deals on the front page, the current premium stash tab with 3 hours left and the other 20 hours left.

So post the URL so we can see if that is legit or not. I still get the stash tab upgrade sale in SW Florida.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

It's not the Garena PoE site they have the Bell Lizard Pet on sale today. Still looking...

The Ghostflame Weapon deal was a one-hour deal, so it's now back to the upgrade to premium stash tab.
No malware, no vulnerability.

I got mine through the ingame shop, for your information.
Think it was a glitch on their part, especially since some ppl were charged the full price for the ghostflame effect.
No daily deal today, just 24 hours of them in a few hours. I won't be recording them all because I will forget.
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info