Endgame: PoE vs D3

"
CetniK wrote:
"
DigitalSavior wrote:
I think Whimseyshire may have been the best part of Diablo 3.

Let's say someone is doing Whimseyshire runs on a laptop in a public setting.

I would imagine onlookers unaware of what D3 is would start to question the player's sexual orientation.

I didn't pay $60 so I could farm a kiddie playground all day and have people question my sexuality.

I'm as queer as a three dollar bill and think that whimsyshire is childish and out of place.

Stop stereotyping.
"
CetniK wrote:

tl;dr = if your game doesn't make a 10 year old shit himself, it doesn't deserve to be named a Diablo sequel

I remember like it was yesterday, playing the D1 demo and facing the butcher countless times, oh how I feared him...
ZOMG ITS BETA TIME!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/23123 This is why.
"
youngloenoe wrote:

I remember like it was yesterday, playing the D1 demo and facing the butcher countless times, oh how I feared him...

For me, it was the Skeleton King. THE SKELETONS WON'T STOP COMING! THEY'RE LIKE BUGS! I HATE BUGS!!!

1 year into playing the game, though, I had finally figured out the true meaning of farming, when I sat there, and let the Skel King spawn all of his babies, and offed them 1 by 1 for easy XP and loot....

And this is how the cycle began.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
youngloenoe wrote:
"
CetniK wrote:

tl;dr = if your game doesn't make a 10 year old shit himself, it doesn't deserve to be named a Diablo sequel

Butcher isn't scary at all by today's standards. Gaming has come a long way since D1, along with peoples' sensitivity to horror...
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
"
thepmrc wrote:
lol.

D3 actually has no endgame at all.
You simply keep playing the same content.

Not true at all.
Farming for BiS IL63's in Inferno is end game.
Repetitively farming content appropriate to your character and gear level is common in any RPG/ARPG.
"
thepmrc wrote:

considering there isn't even PvP in the game, which is a major travesty.

Another subjective opinion. I couldn't possibly care less about PvP. I don't play RPG's to beat my chest at other players. I play this genre for loot and PvM content.
The travesty in D3, is the boring loot, and horrible drop rate on anything decent, leading you to the AH/RMAH.
The travesty is in how mind numbingly boring the game is, and the sting of the constant slap in the face to do challenging encounters and get absolutely nothing for 10's of hours, but vender trash, and gold.

I don't care what you like. PvP is what makes the whole gear grind thing worth the time... without it the whole game has ZERO meaning.

I will also point out that all opinions are subjective... you pointing out that my opinion was subjective is synonymous with you pointing out that you are stupid.

Nothing you said is fact. And trying to express your ( wait for it) subjective opinions like they are fact just makes you look "stupid" to use your word.
Pointing out that you don't care what I think, And the "stupid" remark ( which doesn't make any sense I might add) makes you look like a child.

Every single thing you have to say is subjective. And the first bit about "D3 has no end game" was just completely inaccurate.

D3 has an end game. Like any RPG end game= level cap and ammassing level cap gear. The thing with D3 is it's devoid of fun. The game mechanics are so limited and the drop rates so bad, that you have to be masochistic to find it fun.

You think there's no point without PvP, that's you. Frankly I can't fathom playing an RPG for PvP.
Me, I wish PvP would disappear off the map. It makes rude, snotty stuck up douche bags that want to stroke their epeen and call people "baddies"
There's enough of that crap in BF3 CSS, or what not. But hey, at least those games are a real test of skill, instead of who has the best gear.
"
thepmrc wrote:

At least you see that the drop rates are absolutely terrible and the game is just funneling people en masse to the auction houses.

Why wouldn't I see it? Your stupid remark( which again doesn't make one bit of sense) seems to imply that I am an idiot and/or blind? Cuz...PvP bores me to tears?
I don't see the correlation.

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jun 29, 2012, 5:03:44 AM
Nice!
Whimsyshire is pathetic.
Not only it was readily available hours after launch (secret level?), but it does look out of place. There is nothing about it that reminds me of the cow level in D2, that dark, gritty atmosphere that made me be afraid of cows.

I am not afraid of ponies.

Shutdown "D"3.
[Suggestion] How to end Desync: [url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/335390[/url]
I was excited about this game, but I'm severely disappointed with the community. It's literally nothing but D3 bashing and hyperbole. Chat is no different. I really just don't understand how a game that everyone supposedly hates gets talked about so much. Like people are looking for validation that it's not just them and are over compensating for something. If you don't like the game, why not just move on and enjoy this one? I just don't get it. I'd think people would be more satisfied discussing something they do enjoy.
"
tobiasfunke wrote:
I was excited about this game, but I'm severely disappointed with the community.

It isn't quite as bad as it appears. There certainly aren't as many threads bashing d3 on these forums as there are on the d3 forums themselves.

Give it some time. People are still feeling upset about being "betrayed" by d3 and they will complain about it. Visit any of the sections other than general discussion and you won't see very many threads to do with d3.
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!
Butcher not scary today? Perhaps not. But I recall walking into his lair, seeing blood all over the floor, naked, mutilated bodies cut in half, innards strewn all about, bodies crucified and beheaded, and then hearing that voice saying "Ahhh... fresh meat!" and the first time I heard that as a ten year old kid, in a much simpler time, I felt pretty intense. I won't say I was scared, but the atmosphere was spot on then, and I think it holds up...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info