Endgame: PoE vs D3

tobias: we have been getting an influx of players who have been disappointed by Diablo 3; naturally they're going to want to vent about it for a bit, for approximately the reasons you described.
If that's something you'd rather not be reading while you play, there's /ignore (and /unignore) functionality, and "Hide Global Chat" if you'd rather things just be quiet.

Also, the default global chat is segmented to a degree, so getting clear of normal difficulty I understand is also a fairly effective remedy.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
youngloenoe wrote:
"
iiss wrote:
"
thepmrc wrote:
lol.

D3 actually has no endgame at all.

You simply keep playing the same content. At some point you burn out considering there isn't even PvP in the game, which is a major travesty.

In reality the end game in D3 is botting and waiting for a PvP patch that may or may not come out. Pretty much all there is to the game.

That sounds like PoE to me. Jesus... the morons on this board. Both games lack end game right now.

POE is a closed beta game free to play. Diablo is a finished product.

So? My point is still valid.
The day I've found POE was the day I stopped reading D3 forums or even caring about D3. I had stopped playing a long time before that.

I actually discovered POE though a D3 forum rant post.

So they're not all that bad.

I do agree we should all strive to keep POE forums and ingame chat D3-free, for the sake of respect to POE.

[Suggestion] How to end Desync: [url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/335390[/url]
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
iiss wrote:
"
thepmrc wrote:
lol.

D3 actually has no endgame at all.

You simply keep playing the same content. At some point you burn out considering there isn't even PvP in the game, which is a major travesty.

In reality the end game in D3 is botting and waiting for a PvP patch that may or may not come out. Pretty much all there is to the game.

That sounds like PoE to me. Jesus... the morons on this board. Both games lack end game right now.

Chaos is better end game than D3's current end game. And that's saying alot considering Chaos is supposed to be temporary.

Yes, i can agree on that. But it feels very similar. You grind it for loot.
"
tobiasfunke wrote:
I was excited about this game, but I'm severely disappointed with the community. It's literally nothing but D3 bashing and hyperbole. Chat is no different. I really just don't understand how a game that everyone supposedly hates gets talked about so much. Like people are looking for validation that it's not just them and are over compensating for something. If you don't like the game, why not just move on and enjoy this one? I just don't get it. I'd think people would be more satisfied discussing something they do enjoy.

It's not hyperbole. It's all fact. Inarguable fact.
People can be ignorant or blind to it all they want, it won't make it not true.
Horrible drop rates leading you to the AH, boring, limited gameplay, auto-skills and auto-stats stripping the rpg away, the devs straight up lieing about "progressing in each act" ( you don't. you save up gold for the AH and progress when you've bought enough pieces), etc etc etc
It's a disaster. And I'm still bitter about it. About wasting $60, and for wrecking the name Diablo.

This is the "general" discussion board, and the thread is about end game and comparing the two. A valid discussion.
At least we can share in our bitterness, and talk about what we don't like about it. All positive ways of making sure PoE doesn't mirror any of it's faults.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jun 29, 2012, 1:56:44 PM
"
Nothing you said is fact. And trying to express your ( wait for it) subjective opinions like they are fact just makes you look "stupid" to use your word.
Pointing out that you don't care what I think, And the "stupid" remark ( which doesn't make any sense I might add) makes you look like a child.

I didn't state anything as fact, and considering all opinions are by definition subjective.... you calling my opinion subjective is stupid. Makes perfect sense to me.

I will still contend that there is no endgame in D3. The level cap is reached prior to finishing the content and once you finish Diablo on Inferno there is NOTHING to work towards. Again, once you beat the game there is nothing to do hence the statement no 'end-game'. One could argue that Inferno is the 'end game', but considering it is just another difficulty, to me, this is still just part of the game. In D2 when you beat Baal/Diablo on Hell you were not max level and had infinite level grinding as end game, and then there was also PvP... which although you may not like it, which I can understand, this is what justifies the infinite loot grind.
Last edited by thepmrc on Jun 29, 2012, 1:56:47 PM
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
Nothing you said is fact. And trying to express your ( wait for it) subjective opinions like they are fact just makes you look "stupid" to use your word.
Pointing out that you don't care what I think, And the "stupid" remark ( which doesn't make any sense I might add) makes you look like a child.

I didn't state anything as fact, and considering all opinions are by definition subjective.... you calling my opinion subjective is stupid. Makes perfect sense to me.

I will still contend that there is no endgame in D3. The level cap is reached prior to finishing the content and once you finish Diablo on Inferno there is NOTHING to work towards. Again, once you beat the game there is nothing to do hence the statement no 'end-game'. In D2 when you beat Baal/Diablo on Hell you were not max level and had infinite level grinding as end game, and then there was also PvP... which although you may not like it, which I can understand, this is what justifies the infinite loot grind.

My original argument to you, was saying that there is in fact a "end game" You might not like it, but it's there.
End game in an rpg by definition is level cap+ gear you can only equip at level cap.
Not sure why you argue that.
"
"
thepmrc wrote:
"

I will still contend that there is no endgame in D3. The level cap is reached prior to finishing the content and once you finish Diablo on Inferno there is NOTHING to work towards. Again, once you beat the game there is nothing to do hence the statement no 'end-game'. In D2 when you beat Baal/Diablo on Hell you were not max level and had infinite level grinding as end game, and then there was also PvP... which although you may not like it, which I can understand, this is what justifies the infinite loot grind.

My original argument to you, was saying that there is in fact a "end game" You might not like it, but it's there.
End game in an rpg by definition is level cap+ gear you can only equip at level cap.
Not sure why you argue that.

I argue that because I don't play WOW I play Diablo.... Diablo has never been about a hard level cap and only being able to equip gear at that level cap... That is MMO BS that Diablo fans did not want in Diablo games and is exactly why this game has all the world of diablocraft type labels, because it is just a giant piece of WoW inspired garbage.

My definition of 'end game' content would be stuff to do after you have beaten the normal story content. In D2 this means when you finish Hell, in D3 for me this means when I finish Inferno.

I have finished Inferno, and there is NOTHING to do.
Last edited by thepmrc on Jun 29, 2012, 2:00:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info