"
youngloenoe wrote:
"
iiss wrote:
"
thepmrc wrote:
lol.

D3 actually has no endgame at all.

You simply keep playing the same content. At some point you burn out considering there isn't even PvP in the game, which is a major travesty.

In reality the end game in D3 is botting and waiting for a PvP patch that may or may not come out. Pretty much all there is to the game.

That sounds like PoE to me. Jesus... the morons on this board. Both games lack end game right now.

POE is a closed beta game free to play. Diablo is a finished product.

And we're getting one of the most interesting end-game stuff i've seen in an arpg in a few weeks.
Pretty hard to deny the fact that PoE may have one of the best ideas for end game in a LONG time. The entire idea of the maps is well thought-out, and really gives players exactly what they want: replayable content that has variable, partially player-chosen modification to its difficulty. And increasing the difficulty increases the loot. That's... awesome.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
Someone tried to explain it to me that people were making fun of D3 for becoming too cartoony, so the Whimseyshire level is making fun of that...

I think the real issue was that it basically became WoW in its art style. If they really wanted to go all the way they should've had a level that was basically just some famous quest ripped straight out of WoW, textures and all. At least then everyone would've gotten the joke.
I am kind of let down here. Surely there are meaningful salient things one could say on this subject rather than present a joke level screenshot. I mean there are objective points here rather than a predictable visual gag to support the idea one game does better?

Whimsyshire makes me laugh with glee. I hate that kind of crap so watching it die in bloody chunks is fun. It is my favorite level to show non gamers who recoil in horror as I murder everything in a rainbow encrusted Candyland ripoff.
A few misconceptions here. Yes Whimsy is the hidden lvl, but no it’s not D3 end game. Whimsy is also a ton of fun to play because beheading ponys and pink bears is just glorious. In all reality the cutesy kiddy graphics are the rest of D3, gory pony death is just awesome.

D3 end game is mindlessly grinding till you get an item that’s worth $90 to sell on the RMAH. Thereby clearing $60 after fees, and getting the only meaningful refund available. You can then spend that $60 on POE and or TL2 and wash away the mental scars of Leah’s voice acting.
"
Rahabs wrote:
A few misconceptions here. Yes Whimsy is the hidden lvl, but no it’s not D3 end game. Whimsy is also a ton of fun to play because beheading ponys and pink bears is just glorious. In all reality the cutesy kiddy graphics are the rest of D3, gory pony death is just awesome.

D3 end game is mindlessly grinding till you get an item that’s worth $90 to sell on the RMAH. Thereby clearing $60 after fees, and getting the only meaningful refund available. You can then spend that $60 on POE and or TL2 and wash away the mental scars of Leah’s voice acting.

Whimsyshire is one of the better places to farm in the game, so it could be considered end-game.
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
wait d3 has end game?

Don't read too much into this thread, guys. It's not really about end-game stuff. The main point is a comparison of the artistic style and player immersion of the two games.

With D3, you get polygonal, water-colored art. The game makes you feel like you're playing a game. Everything about the interface screams "You're playing a video game!" The game's sense of humor, including Whimsyshire, promote this feel. Max Schaefer had similar feelings about D2's cow level. It was meant as a joke. The Blizzard North guys did the same thing later with Hellgate. It was chock-full of references and jokes. If anything, Whimsyshire is the most Diablo-esque thing about D3. I still don't like it, though. I hated the cow level, too.

With PoE, you get realistically shaped and colored art. The game is meant to draw you into playing the role of the character, and I think it does that well. The interface isn't overbearing to the point of blatantly removing the immersion.

Anyway, that's the "hidden message" I get from this thread.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Big difference here though...

The cows came directly from a minor interaction in Diablo 1 where you clicked on a cow. Players then made up rumors about a cow level, which then debuted in D2 as a tribute to the fan concept.

Whimsyshire is pretty much the exact opposite. Players bitched about how cartoony and ridiculous D3 looked, and in response, with apparently no other good ideas to glean from specific and iconic interactions within D2, the D3 team implemented a jab at those that were complaining.

I find the two generations strikingly different. I don't find the two in the same spirit at all, and therefore I would not consider whimsyshire canonical Diablo in the same sense that the D2 cow level and art style is related to D1.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
If anything the bonus level shouldve been realistic as possible with a lot of devilish stuff, you know to compensate for the other stuff, regardless d3 still a fun game just like poe.
ZOMG ITS BETA TIME!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/23123 This is why.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info