Orb of Chance Community Log

"
TheRabbit303 wrote:

Where are you farming for them? I've heard flooded depths is pretty good, iLVL 29 and has a large chest in it, plus the Deep Dweller.
I'm doing ledge, illv 29. Quick runs with 2+ leechers. Flooded depths is a good idea, but ledge offers a quick turnaround at each end.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
On a somewhat related note, do increased rarity modifiers on a character affect Orbs of Chance in any way?

EDIT: You don't have to answer this one, but I'm curious, so I thought I'd ask: developers seem to like keeping these sorts of things (such as chances to obtain a unique) a secret. What's the reason for this, if you don't mind mind my asking?

Character rarity bonuses don't affect Orb of Chance rolls - they can be done on any character.

We withhold certain information like the unique rate because we change it often and don't want players feeling entitled to rolling uniques. If you know the chance of something is 1 in 10, you're going to be very angry after spending 30 Orbs and failing (due to bad luck).

Edit: it's not 1 in 10.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jun 25, 2012, 5:29:10 PM
Or is it...
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Another 11 Chance orbs rolled (on 29+ Mesh Boots) and 9 Magic, 2 Rare

Also, I've farmed about 80 Mesh Boots (unused) if anyone wants something to test Chances on, let me know.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
EDIT: You don't have to answer this one, but I'm curious, so I thought I'd ask: developers seem to like keeping these sorts of things (such as chances to obtain a unique) a secret. What's the reason for this, if you don't mind mind my asking?
Let's not forget that while the devs are very open and forthcoming this game isn't an open source project. Not everything needs transparency. Somethings are better left a mystery for various reasons.

I think it has less to do with not wanting people to know and more to do with not making an "official" statement about it (for reasons like Chris mentioned a few posts up).

Even if they wanted to stop players from exploring the game statistically, they couldn't. I don't quite understand the folks saying it's better left a mystery. If you like it being a mystery, don't look at the numbers. :P
60 chance orbs on Mesh Boots:
18 rare
42 magic
0 Unique :(
TehHammer is not a crime!
4 rare
13 magic
Still no uniques
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
Chris wrote:
"
On a somewhat related note, do increased rarity modifiers on a character affect Orbs of Chance in any way?

Character rarity bonuses don't affect Orb of Chance rolls - they can be done on any character.

We withhold certain information like the unique rate because we change it often and don't want players feeling entitled to rolling uniques. If you know the chance of something is 1 in 10, you're going to be very angry after spending 30 Orbs and failing (due to bad luck).

Edit: it's not 1 in 10.

I see, thank you. :)

Adding up all the stats posted so far, thanks!

@TehHammer: I'm guessing you're also using increased quantity gear to find these (though the leechers help too)? I ran the ledge for 4-5 hours and got a grand total of 9 boots...eventually I just stopped farming them and took whatever I got from regular drops in Merci/Chaos. If you have extras you don't want, I'd be happy to take them off your hands. :)
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jun 26, 2012, 2:13:24 AM
Yes, I had 112% quantity gear with a 17% quality Item Quantity support gem on my main attack (lightning arrow), which at its current level (11) is 31% increased quantity, so 143% increased quantity total from me with 5 leechers (another 250% increased quantity). I found a couple of people in cruel that wanted some exp and loot, I let them have all the rares/mid level orbs and I took orbs of chance and mesh boots, and the occasional fusing/etc.

I got about 70 boots in an hour that way.

Got another 40+ mesh boots last night in a late night farming run. While I was looking for white mesh boots, I had a couple of nice drops. 145% increased quantity and 66% increased rarity paying off.

Unavailable
Unavailable

Went through my first stash of mesh boots rather quickly, giving most away to TheRabbit, if anyone else needs them, whisper @me in game or shoot me a PM.

Last edited by TehHammer on Jun 27, 2012, 8:51:42 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info