Orb of Chance Community Log

When I was initially testing the 0.9.10f values, I got these results (on a ring that could be unique):

Magic: 30
Rare: 9
Unique: 1

Those results are actually higher than the expected results. The rares were close enough that it was not too unlikely. The unique was pretty lucky.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Judging by the fact they haven't given us the exact stats, I doubt they want to reveal it. :(

Added the last 2 posts, thanks
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jun 24, 2012, 11:55:53 PM
Just did another batch. 18 level 29+ Mesh Boots, 17 blue, 1 yellow. I've got some bad luck with these things...
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
TehHammer wrote:
Just did another batch. 18 level 29+ Mesh Boots, 17 blue, 1 yellow. I've got some bad luck with these things...

Got 'em, thanks
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Love the fact that Devs help us sharing their test runs when they know the answer to our investigation haha.

You guys must have fun over there, seeing how we try to figure out everything =P.

"
Falcord wrote:
Love the fact that Devs help us sharing their test runs when they know the answer to our investigation haha.

You guys must have fun over there, seeing how we try to figure out everything =P.

Haha, at least they actively communicate with us!

0 uniques
10 rares
17 magic

27 total, all onyx
"
Partario wrote:
0 uniques
10 rares
17 magic

27 total, all onyx

Got em

Although I'm not going to comment on the unique rates, from memory the chance of converting to a rare should be something like 1 in 5.4. These results seem a little higher so far?
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
Although I'm not going to comment on the unique rates, from memory the chance of converting to a rare should be something like 1 in 5.4. These results seem a little higher so far?
Again, this is supposed to provide a rough approximation - it won't be spot on. The farther along this gets, the more accurate it should be. A small margin of error is to be expected.

Also, I'm using statistics not only from myself but other people posting; I'm assuming each individual character/account does not have a different "luck" factor. I'm also assuming the chance is the same every time a chance orb is used - by this, I mean that if someone goes 400+ orbs without getting a unique, they are still just as likely to get a unique on the next one as someone who got one 2 orbs before.

It is good to know the base chance for rares though, thanks. :)

On a somewhat related note, do increased rarity modifiers on a character affect Orbs of Chance in any way?

EDIT: You don't have to answer this one, but I'm curious, so I thought I'd ask: developers seem to like keeping these sorts of things (such as chances to obtain a unique) a secret. What's the reason for this, if you don't mind mind my asking?

Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jun 25, 2012, 8:19:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info