Orb of Chance Community Log

"
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
It's probably too late now, but this would also be a good time to grab some probabilities for the different fixes.

Hm?

I think he means affixes. e.g. prefix/suffix probabilities.

I would have thought all available affixes (for a given item 's ilvl) are of equal probability.

Though there is one situation I'd be interested to know the probabilities for.

Suppose you have a rare with 1 prefix, and 2 suffixes.

Also suppose the available prefix list has 50 possibilities, and available suffix list has 75 possibilities.

What is the probability the next mod (added via exalting) will be a prefix?
Is it:

- 50% (list is chosen randomly, then picked from randomly.)
- 66% (list choice is weighted according to have many of each affix have already been picked)
- 40%. (prefix+suffix list is combined, and a random one is selected)
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
Last edited by TJJ on Jun 21, 2012, 1:59:06 PM
"
Zyx wrote:
1 rare, 3 magic.

Got it, ty
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Bump for science!
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
11 Magic and nothing more. Seems I am quite lucky.... :-D
IGN: Mayon
__________________________________________________________________________________
Never argue with stupid people,
they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Mark Twain
Seems like about a 1 in 5 chance of a rare, although I've heard that Item Rarity modifiers might influence this.
"
Seems like about a 1 in 5 chance of a rare, although I've heard that Item Rarity modifiers might influence this.

I doubt they do, but if they do...then this current data is pretty meaningless.

EDIT: I thought Item Rarity/Quantity mods were only on monsters killed, not containers (pots and whatnot)/chance orbs?

Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jun 23, 2012, 5:59:24 AM
Item quantity and rarity on gear applied to containers. Item quantity and rarity support gems attached to skills is not applied to containers, even if you use that skill to break open the containers.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Since we're CB and coming close to a wipe, I'd be happy to donate all my orbs of chance to you (I think I have over 60 stockpiled). Are you default or HC? What character(s) should I bother?
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jun 23, 2012, 12:27:16 PM
I'm going to include some more base items, so I can speed the process up a bit. A little bit later I'll look into that.

@anubite: That would be fantastic! I'm on the default league; I'm not sure I understand your 2nd question. My IGN is MonopolyLegend. Thanks for the contribution! :)

2 Rare
4 Magic

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info