0.9.10f Patch Notes

Updated to latest ATI driver from 11.x and now there is artifacts around some places (Like the higlighted doors on the map, that is not visible on the "game" shows up as a random grit of wall of artifacts (cave, rock, and/or other barriers)
Got worse when a went from the coves (...) to the next path, It got all BF3 like.

HP Elitebook 8530p
Windows 7 - 64 bit
4 GB
ATI radeon mobility HD 3650
Gonna look for the door
"
Jonathan wrote:
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
Why'd the server just go down?

We were deploying a fix to necromancers to make them raise undead again.

This was the only bug we have found so far introduced by the change in compiler.

Could you elaborate on that? I would be interested to know in which way a compiler change can cause bugs (usually this should not happen unless you write really specific code e.g. like asm (which is the only time I encountered this up to now)).
"
Nooska wrote:
Updated to latest ATI driver from 11.x and now there is artifacts around some places (Like the higlighted doors on the map, that is not visible on the "game" shows up as a random grit of wall of artifacts (cave, rock, and/or other barriers)
Got worse when a went from the coves (...) to the next path, It got all BF3 like.

HP Elitebook 8530p
Windows 7 - 64 bit
4 GB
ATI radeon mobility HD 3650

You should really post this in the Beta Support and Bug Reports forum.
Forum Sheriff
is it normal when i put the settings that the items are highlighted on the floor , that they don't save after i opened the game again??

greetz (sorry for my bad english ;D)
What happened to the item drop rate?
Yesterday i played some chars a few hours in the old fields (normal difficulty) with yellow mobs every 10 meters without getting any skill gem or even a useful equippable item. After 7 hours of playing i got 1 ground slam and some yellow drops (on cruel).

Right now the Game is too tough at the beginning!
I started a new char for testing purposes and were astonished to see him die in the terraces (because of the scavengers). The Terraces now are a lot tougher than 2 months ago (and the Mud Flats right now). I can handle that (now that i´m aware) but keep in mind that (with the start of open beta) there will be a lot of new players without any gear and skill gems that don´t expect to die in the first 5 minutes.

In that kind of game fun depends on the gameflow, the item drops and the usable skills (which are also item drops in this game).
A game that´s too tough destroys the flow and (with an additionally lack of good drops) kills motivation so people will quit playing PoE.

Some players might say that´s ok for them and a tougher game is more interesting but...
For the success of a Free-to-Play game (especially without selling game advantages) it is important to have a large community which includes casual gamers.
A hardcore-gamer-only PoE could be a financial disaster, so please find a balance between easy game access and challenging fights.
Right now it´s too tough at some places!
Last edited by Firestorm on Jun 25, 2012, 8:07:59 AM
"
Firestorm wrote:
What happened to the item drop rate?
Yesterday i played some chars a few hours in the old fields (normal difficulty) with yellow mobs every 10 meters without getting any skill gem or even a useful equippable item. After 7 hours of playing i got 1 ground slam and some yellow drops (on cruel).

Right now the Game is too tough at the beginning!
I started i new char for testing purposes and were astonished to see him die in the terraces (because of the scavengers). The Terraces now are a lot tougher than 2 months ago (and the Mud Flats right now). I can handle that (now that i´m aware) but keep in mind that (with the start of open beta) there will be a lot of new players without any gear and skill gems that don´t expect to die in the first 5 minutes.

Fun in that kind of game depends on the gameflow, the item drops and the usable skills (which are also item drops in this game).
A game that´s too tough destroys the flow and (with an additionally lack of good drops) kills motivation so people will quit playing PoE.

Some players might say that´s ok for them and a tougher game is more interesting but...
For the success of a Free-to-Play game (especially without selling game advantages) it is important to have a large community which includes casual gamers.
A hardcore-gamer-only PoE could be a financial disaster, so please find a balance between easy game access and challenging fights.
Right now it´s too tough at some places!

I personally don't find the game too hard at the beginning even without help from stash and I play only at hardcore league. I really hope that they are not going make it any easier.
Last edited by huba81 on Jun 25, 2012, 8:08:43 AM
is the game on hardcore more difficult than on default league? also tried out only hardcore and dont find that they should make it more easy ok i died with lvl 29 but cause of supidness

what i would change that a portal needs same time to cast with a scroll same like if you would cast it with a gem. and that you cant leave the bossfight

for excampe the marvell or how the boss out of first act is called dont remember the name 100 per cent. but the issuie with her was that you could leave the bossfight room make a portal to town get refilled your pots and go back in again without the boss refilling live so you can make 10 percent dmg go out and come back and repeat that till she is dead.
Last edited by DonCamillo on Jun 25, 2012, 12:08:33 PM
"
DonCamillo wrote:
is the game on hardcore more difficult than on default league?

Yes, its the same, regarding monster life and damage/attack values.

"
DonCamillo wrote:
what i would change that a portal needs same time to cast with a scroll same like if you would cast it with a gem. and that you cant leave the bossfight

I think the cast time of the portal gem is so slow by a reason.
Would not find it that good to have no option as to die if a boss surprised me (could easily happen with Chatters or other rare monsters in the prison)

"
DonCamillo wrote:
for excampe the marvell or how the boss out of first act is called . but the issuie with her was that you could leave the bossfight room make a portal to town get refilled your pots and go back in again without the boss refilling live so you can make 10 percent dmg go out and come back and repeat that till she is dead.

It's Merveil ;) yes its a bit like cheesy, yes - but you have to manage to escape from the fight - and even to have enough portals could be a problem on low level... on the other hand, at least the monsters energy shield recharges while you're away.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Sorry wronge thread.
Last edited by Ezuri on Jun 29, 2012, 12:58:24 AM
Hi!

I'm quite new to this game and let me say to the creators that PoE is amazing and I would love PoE to be the best.

Now a question that I don't know if I should post here, but I wonder why the portal you open to reach the town (Act 1 o Act 2) closes by itself, because someitmes I need to do something that requires my inmediate attention (ley's say 10 minutes) and when I play again, the portal has gone.

The town portals have a time limit? I ask this because the game doesn't have a "pause" button.

If the portals have a time limit, at least put a timer so I can know how much time I have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info