Is this game worth paying for?

I am more than happy to support this game by purchasing a pack of some sort but i have a few questions. To those who have payed for a beta key do you have any regrets in doing so and can you see this game expanding to vast horizons? (That is a bit dramatic but i think my point is clear O_O) To those who have been lucky enough to obtain a key for free, would you have paid money for this game and been happy with your choice? That is all for now. Thanks in advance guys :)
"
SergeantHam wrote:
I am more than happy to support this game by purchasing a pack of some sort but i have a few questions. To those who have payed for a beta key do you have any regrets in doing so and can you see this game expanding to vast horizons? (That is a bit dramatic but i think my point is clear O_O) To those who have been lucky enough to obtain a key for free, would you have paid money for this game and been happy with your choice? That is all for now. Thanks in advance guys :)

I bought the 1k support pack. I have never regretted it once and i have been playing for some time and i still cant stop playing. This game is one of those games that come once every 10-15 years and is remembered and played for much more.

It is a game i will be playing for years, i think you should buy a 10 dollor support key and find out yourself however :)

"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
I didn't pay for my key. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I want beta key and I would gladly buy one but I cant do it :(
I first paid the minimum to get a beta key - because $10 isn't really that much (depending from where you are - having one beer less on friday for two or three weeks can get you that money back ;)).

I played a bit and really enyojed it. After some time i noticed that i'm playing this beta more than most of the full games i have (despite knowin that my characters will get wiped :P) - so i upgraded my package to the supporter one (yes you can upgrade a already purchased packege and you only pay the difference).

After even more playing I noticed that the game is still awesome and that i'll probably still play it for a LONG time, especially when the game later goes into open beta and after release - so i upgraded to the Kiwi package.

TL;DR I never regretted buying a key and i even upgraded my package, because i'm enjoying it so much
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Don't regret is even slightly. Started with the 10$ pack. Upped to supporter and will likely go bronze before open beta.

It will be the best 10 bucks you have ever spent.
NO regrets at all.

10$ is the price of what, a movie ticket?

Even you get bored of the beta you'll get your money's worth, probably at least a few weeks of fevereshing old-school hack and slash :)

My main, and only character, has 4 days 22 hours /played, so that's ~ 0.08$ per hour ^^

"
I first paid the minimum to get a beta key - because $10 isn't really that much (depending from where you are - having one beer less on friday for two or three weeks can get you that money back ;)).

"
Started with the 10$ pack. Upped to supporter

Same here, very smart move of GGG to make upgrades possible.
Last edited by DeF46 on Jun 17, 2012, 8:01:10 AM
This game is fun to play, beautiful to look at, and by the looks of the skill tree (or skill landscape as I've seen it called) it will have almost infinite replayability; what more could you ask from an action RPG? The developers are taking a VERY active role in the community, and genuinely seem to care what people think about their game.

I've been in the beta for just a few days, but I've seen enough to know that I'm going to support GGG both financially and through positive "word of mouth" marketing. Independent game developers depend on community support to grow and thrive, and it's great to be involved with a company that I believe will do some epic things in the gaming industry.

Besides, the kiwis will only be issued until the open beta starts; why not distinguish yourself forever as one of the folks who was there BEFORE PoE became the Next Big Thing in RPGs ? I'm rummaging through my couch cushions right now trying to see how much Kiwi Swag I can swing.

Do it; this game and GGG look like the real deal.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
SergeantHam wrote:

It is worth 10$ easily, in my opinion.

I started out with basic one 10$, then as i played the game more i was so impressed i kept upgrading it from supporter to bronze and finally silver.

My only problem was the extra beta keys, all my real life mates play mmo's, so i just gave my beta keys away to random people on forums waiting to get in.

In any case, it's worth 10$ definitely. I just upgraded mine to support them because they're a great dev team.
I bought the $10 beta key. And after about 10 minutes of playing, I knew this game was special. I promptly came back to the site and upgraded to the $50 Bronze support pack as I phoned my gaming friends to tell them about the game I had just found.

Before open beta, I will at least upgrade to the Silver pack, and I'm also debating about going Gold. This game is just that good.

"
Stome wrote:

It will be the best 10 bucks you have ever spent.

IGN Astramor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info