Is this game worth paying for?

The way the supporter packs works is very good because you buy only what you will use and you can improve your supporter rank by simply donating the difference and not the full price. The game is really good, very challenging and you feel like your opinion matters to the devs. So yes, this is worth it.
ZOMG ITS BETA TIME!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/23123 This is why.
Is this game worth paying for?

yes :)
Personally I didn't purchase it nor have I obtained a beta key, however I have played the game during a stress test weekend and absolutely loved it.

If I could pay in cash I'd certainly buy it, this game is definitively something special, something that only comes around every few years.

I'd recommend you buy a 10$ pack, you won't regret it. :)
Last edited by AlbinoTurtle on Jun 17, 2012, 3:12:45 PM
over all yes

tho it is beta so there are some things that need changed and hopefully are... tho they will probably be changed after open beta is out.

at this point the one major thing this game is lacking is player volume... there just aren't enough players online right now.
but im sure that will change when OB comes out. ;)

over all this game is better then diablo... the only thing that makes diablo better is offline play (item editing/LAN partys)... but they got rid of that in D3 so.... supper fail bliz.
*pretty much i wont play D3 for this reason*

"
AlbinoTurtle wrote:
Key me? D:
Do it for my fictional children! Sad face.

nice siggy lol
We can't solve problems we can't talk about...
Last edited by KiaKun on Jun 17, 2012, 3:30:10 PM
"
AlbinoTurtle wrote:
Personally I didn't purchase it nor have I obtained a beta key, however I have played the game during a stress test weekend and absolutely loved it.

If I could pay in cash I'd certainly buy it, this game is definitively something special, something that only comes around every few years.

I'd recommend you buy a 10$ pack, you won't regret it. :)

Lol i have to stop doing this.

Ok, i had 2 spare beta keys, i gave both away. However one that i gave away isn't used yet, i don't know why he did not use it, he asked for it, i gave him one.

I guess he thought i was trolling him and he left the forums without checking his mailbox. Never heard back from him and i've waited 3 days now before offering it again.

In any case I've sent it to you via PM, check your mailbox AlbinoTurtle. Have fun and see you in game.
Last edited by Skylance on Jun 17, 2012, 3:46:40 PM
"
Skylance wrote:

Ok, i had 2 spare beta keys, i gave both away. However one that i gave away isn't used yet, i don't know why he did not use it, he asked for it, i gave him one.

I guess he thought i was trolling him and he left the forums without checking his mailbox. Never heard back from him and i've waited 3 days now before offering it again.

In any case I've sent it to you via PM, check your mailbox AlbinoTurtle. Have fun and see you in game.

You sir, have earned a special place in my heart. :)

Thank you very much. :)
"
AlbinoTurtle wrote:
"
Skylance wrote:

You sir, have earned a special place in my heart. :)

Thank you very much. :)

No worries :)

Enjoy the game and have fun.
Got the supporter package (with Kiwi) and simply put: NO, I have no regrets whatsoever. This game is a gem. It has soul, is fun and is exactly what I am looking for; the reasons why I say it is gem are scattered all over the forums and when I have more time perhaps I will create a new thread expressing these again; you can look for it under the title "why PoE is so damn awesome". Simply put, if you loved Diablo1/2 and even something like Titan Quest then this game is that x 10 (imho of course :)).

-pl1982
Last edited by Phillon82 on Jun 17, 2012, 4:33:36 PM
Same here...no regret at all..

We as players shall honor developer that dare to do it this way.
They develop a game...they will offer it as free to all to play when it is """"finish""".
I tried it out....I saw the quality...and I contributed.

If we look at some other game developer/Publisher, then you will see they release top priced game, and at the same time...or shortly thereafter they sell you DLC in order to enchant or improve the game..

When they see this work, then you can be sure that ""some"" games will be developed very basic, and milked by DLC.

By contributing to Developer that do it this way, we might get other to do the same....and here you will get improvement...BUT NO DCL....and that is worth something!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info