Forced by GGG to end my league

"
hmcg020 wrote:
This is a thread about chat rules and consequences, and blizzard is the progenitor of GGG. Bringing up examples of punishment in chat, in a similar game, from a company that made the game PoE is based on, is not an unrelated anecdote and it is a perfectly suitable comparison in this context.

Rest makes sense.

I was muted for the first time a few weeks ago for 20 minutes by typing the derogatory word for mentally disabled. Fair enough I suppose.

Ok, someone got banned for saying something bad in chat, then stirred up some drama. I can see how one could relate this to this thread's OP lmao.

I have never gotten a chat ban in PoE. Turns out that conducting yourself in a respectful manner has its merits, who would'a thunk
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Aynix wrote:
Except you get chat ban for something you did on chat. If you break rules at your job, they fire you from your job. They do not go to your house an burn it down because "you need better punishment".

You get chat ban for something you did on game
You break game rules, you get game punishes

Ykno... last i checked, game chat was part of the game
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:
This is a thread about chat rules and consequences, and blizzard is the progenitor of GGG. Bringing up examples of punishment in chat, in a similar game, from a company that made the game PoE is based on, is not an unrelated anecdote and it is a perfectly suitable comparison in this context.

Rest makes sense.

I was muted for the first time a few weeks ago for 20 minutes by typing the derogatory word for mentally disabled. Fair enough I suppose.

Ok, someone got banned for saying something bad in chat, then stirred up some drama. I can see how one could relate this to this thread's OP lmao.

I have never gotten a chat ban in PoE. Turns out that conducting yourself in a respectful manner has its merits, who would'a thunk

Oh, come on, there's no need to be on your high horse here. How many people were temporarily muted for simply typing "praise" in global, lol? It's not always black and white and something that was perfectly acceptable can change to unacceptable and vice versa, pretty quickly. It's doesn't have to be explosive diarrhea for it to smell like shit haha.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
YakimatoSeix wrote:
Kinda amazed that ggg will basically disable you from performing in game trades or website trades when muted, 20 days of not being able to buy scarabs, or trade for crafting Materials is quite an amazing mechanic. This was the only thing getting me through my grandmother's death these past couple days and I just wanted to thank GGG for adding such a silencing system that disables players from performing in game functions in a live service game. Meanwhile scammers and rmt advertisements go rampant in global and trade chat

You've intentionally omitted why you were removed from the social aspect of the game. You've also tried to shamelessly manipulate the readers' by trying to evoke an emotional reaction to your situation. You then try deflecting responsibility by mentioning RMT bots can spam chat. Thing is, they get banned within 5 minutes and then need to create a new account, so that point is completely and utterly worthless. Finally, you whinge about GGG being able to prevent you from participating in trade because the game's classified as a live service game. The only service you're entitled to here, is to participate in playing the game for free.

When people say, "don't break the rules and you won't get in trouble", that's all well and good. The rules don't have to change for what falls within, or outside of the rules to change and therefore change what the rules then apply to. EVERYONE breaks rules, so I also find that knee-jerk conformity a little lazy. The OP on the other hand clearly said some nasty shit and how they've been punished is highly deserved imo.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Apr 30, 2024, 10:44:10 PM
The fact that he used his grandma to deflect is just why would you do that dude lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
The fact that he used his grandma to deflect is just why would you do that dude lol

Indeed. If I were to say, observe similar behaviour happening outside of this forum and in a completely different context, in a completely unrelated manner, I would say an individual repeating similar language should seek professional help.
Hi Exiles, this discussion is leading toward multiple breaches of our forum rules so we have chosen to close this thread down. You can find our forum rules here.

If you wish to discuss any moderation actions taken against your account please contact support@grindinggear.com with your account name and a few character names included.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info