Forced by GGG to end my league

Frankly, if a player's first offence is bad enough to land them a 20-day mute, I don't think that GGG cares whether or not they quit the league.

If it's an accumulative mute (meaning that the player has committed multiple lesser offences), it goes some way towards rehabilitating them. Actions have consequences. Most people learn that early in life. Some, apparently, learn it in POE.
unable to play without trade?

thats sad
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
Aynix wrote:
"
ZenJelly wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:
Have you considered encouraging your son to trust you and your words more, instead of "idgaf about why you do it I will just take your phone"?

I don't have a son, it's just a point. If the punishment is useless then you need a better punishment. But nice try on derailing my point.

Chat ban is useless, trade ban isn't.

Except you get chat ban for something you did on chat. If you break rules at your job, they fire you from your job. They do not go to your house an burn it down because "you need better punishment".

Some people take gaming too seriously if they compare chat/trade ban in game to job and house loss. Or is it part of the job?
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Apr 30, 2024, 4:42:40 PM
It's pixels, Aynix. It ain't that serious..
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Mute and learn. Too bad you will learn nothing op.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Doest matter, its same rule, just brought to real life. Way more accurate than the "kid example".
"
Aynix wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Doest matter, its same rule, just brought to real life. Way more accurate than the "kid example".

Except it isn't. In your example you'd be visiting someone's home and trying to enforce your own rules in their house
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Except it isn't. In your example you'd be visiting someone's home and trying to enforce your own rules in their house

No idea what the hell you talking about.
Recently Blizzard also banned someone dor "chat offense"(banned, not muted). It turned into giant shitstorm because everyone was talking how stupid it is. This is close to that.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 30, 2024, 7:21:08 PM
I don't know why you bring up Blizzard. It's a matter of principles, and unrelated anecdotes have no place here.

It's a really simple thing, Aynix. You're in someone else's house, you follow their rules. Take the shoes off and wash your hands. Don't be surprised to not be invited back after dirtying the carpet.

If you can't follow, by 'you' I mean 'the player', by 'house' I mean 'Path of Exile' and 'taking off your shoes and washing your hands' is 'abiding the chat rules'

Just to prevent any potential confusion
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
I don't know why you bring up Blizzard. It's a matter of principles, and unrelated anecdotes have no place here.

It's a really simple thing, Aynix. You're in someone else's house, you follow their rules. Take the shoes off and wash your hands. Don't be surprised to not be invited back after dirtying the carpet.

If you can't follow, by 'you' I mean 'the player', by 'house' I mean 'Path of Exile' and 'taking off your shoes and washing your hands' is 'abiding the chat rules'

Just to prevent any potential confusion

This is a thread about chat rules and consequences, and blizzard is the progenitor of GGG. Bringing up examples of punishment in chat, in a similar game, from a company that made the game PoE is based on, is not an unrelated anecdote and it is a perfectly suitable comparison in this context.

Rest makes sense.

I was muted for the first time a few weeks ago for 20 minutes by typing the derogatory word for mentally disabled. Fair enough I suppose.

OP must have said some nasty shit to get a mute for 20 days, or they've repeatedly said the same bad shit so many times, the counter's just gotten to that point via progressive mutes. Their post is deliberately vague, like all surprised pikachu face threads.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Apr 30, 2024, 9:01:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info