after 2 400hours in game im angry

"
dybbuks210 wrote:
I'm sorry that GGG values my time so much that after about 80x T16 Cementary maps with 240quantity where I opened through 500 rare corruptet strongboxes I drop 1 divine orb! I'm done!

What is your Scarab setup? I am running Ambush Domination on Defiled Cathedral a lot, using

2 x Ambush Scarab
1 x Ambush Scarab of hidden Compartments
1 x Ambush Scarab of Discernment

with either Domination or Ambush on the Map device.

The Discernment one increases your chances to get Arcanist boxes a lot with the node on the passive tree for increased chances. Since I don't run 240 Quant maps (more like ~80-100), I am usually not expecting too much, but have still gotten a lot of duped divines from the boxes.

Your number of boxes per map (500 / 80 = 6.25) seems a bit low. And if there is a bunch of meh boxes in there, I wouldn't be too surprised that the raw divines aren't showing up much.
Honestly I only saw a div drop after completing my atlas.

That shouldn't be the case. High level craft currency should be much more common in yellow/ red maps so players can actually use it to metacraft.

Putting all the drops in the post post post post post game just creates a negative loop where you don't find upgrades, can't trade for upgrades, and are just grinding inefficiently until the stars align.

Honestly thet need to completely redo how drops work. It feels bad to me.
They will never make raw drops common becasue they are scared of bots. Thats why you are supposed to collect 50 diffrent shards/fragments and sell those to get some currency.
Thanks for the opinions. I work for 5 days and when I sacrifice my day off for PoE and play for 6 hours and I don't get anything precious for my efforts and the time I dedicate to PoE, it's really sad that it has no weight at all. I really need 4 different scarabs (I used 2 and 7chaos when starting the map) and to have Atlas at max and I won't get anything rare because it's not T17 and it's not a full moon? I sacrificed a whole day off to the farm and at the end of the day those scarabs cost me more than what they gave me. I'm disappointed team how the game values my time.
Making currency in PoE is much like making a build.

You can't just pick up intuitive or straightforward mechanics and think it will work out.

You have to either be uber knowledgeable or watch the latest streams for the latest 'trick' / 'unforeseen interaction' which is 10 to 100 times more effective than the other strategies.

Which then gets nerfed, and you do the same with the next strat...

I don't know if the devs intend the game to work this way, or if its just so complex they cant stop it because they cant predict it.

The knee jerk reaction to build content around nolfers playstyle but then hammer down anything as soon as it gets popular is an odd design choice. It HUGELY rewards jumping on the abuse train the second you see the strat, abusing it up to the last second.

This is dozens of times more profitable than having some normal strat like "Ill farm blight and blight ravaged maps, and some heists", or "Ill farm harbingers and beyond and focus there", or "Ill farm X map 80 times" etc.
"
You can't just pick up intuitive or straightforward mechanics and think it will work out.

Funny how that approach worked out in solo T16 before patch.

Really loving these constant rare corrupted strongboxes on 10 mod corrupted maps with ambush scarabs and all atlas strongbox nodes that drop nothing but more garbage rares after reopening 3-5 times each.

Am I supposed to RMT my way now to T17 where the intended loot drop rates are? Really need to get myself a streamer client.

I'm comparing prepatch standard to postpatch standard. I never played affliction before anyone says "lol affliction had crazy drops bro you forgot."
Last edited by mnieradko on Apr 29, 2024, 4:34:33 PM
"Aclh & Go" T16 worked very well since addition of atlas tree and even before that. I didnt test it in Nekropolis since I left after running 2 white maps, but from what I can see, its not working that good anymore.
Alch and go is a currency loosing strategy in league currently, same for most common scarabs, pretty much the only way to make currency aside from getting super lucky is to run niche mechanics like blight or beyond and then sell the drops in bulk for a few c. When I still bothered to try raw currency drops were nearly inextant even in 100+ quant maps, rares worth selling with gravecrafting being a thing didn't exist with the fracture pinata nerf and juice was worth less than half as much as normal, basically the only consistent source of income I found was selling allflame embers for 20 to 40c and corpses for 2 to 3 and occasionally selling a two dozen or so common scarabs for about 20c. Between changing scarabs to count as currency items as far as loot is concerned and general drop rate nerfs making currency became an enormous amount of effort. From messing around with my std chars the best means of generating currency that I found were running legion for high ilevel currency incubators and sanctum. Sanctum will always be good but currency incubators being the primary farm target instead of a nice bonus on top because even 5ways barely drop anything worthwhile aside from near impossible to sell timelesses now suggests that they have nerfed currency drops way to hard.
Our tech overlords gave us keyboards with the 'Enter' key to make paragraphs. Use the technology!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
It is an actual paragraph, a series of complete thoughts combined together to make an argument, if you think a short 3 sentence paragraph is too dense to read than that is your personal opinion and not one shared by people with experience with formal writing. I have no idea if or how far standards may have slipped since my time in college but when I was a student it was expected that my essays would consist of paragraphs of multiple hundred words that could and often would run most of a page. Furthermore attacking the medium of delivery rather than actually engaging with the thought in question is not the purpose of this forum and is petty and sophomoric.
Last edited by CarbotZergling123 on Apr 29, 2024, 6:31:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info