So I MUST interact with the league mechanic every new map or zone in campaign.

When it was announced the mechanic would not be skippable I had a sneaky feeling theyre testing to see how difficult they can make the campaign in the future without players being crybabies - hence theyre adding a bunch of league mechanics in the campaign.

I enjoy the campaign and would not mind it becoming slightly more difficult or 'reworked' like how they did Act 1 2~ years ago. The Act 2 rework was trash and only added annoying monsters there.
Only rework campaign needs is a button "I already did this shit 100 times, skip".
"
bill1497 wrote:
"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
"
but there are times I am doing things that where I run scoured maps for fast completion

So even with scoured maps that dont have any map wide mods applied the game is still applying mods to certain mobs. I don't think this will be any different. We will just have some agency to adjust down or up if we want to.

Running scoured is not so much because it is easier but I don't have to check for reflect or no mana or life regen etc etc. Now I again have to spend time checking stuff.

Either that or you spend time scouring? Sounds like a wash to me.

/shrug
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:
Sadly GGG has conditioned people into thinking ARPG campaigns are meant to be a zero difficulty boring chore.

Easy to say when you've been playing for a long time. Of the many people over the last decade I've introduced to this game only 1 made it past the campaign and kept playing. The rest gave up around Act 6 or so. It was painful watching them die to rhoas or boss moves I dodge without even thinking now, and I was witnessing my first couple playthroughs all over again and got reminded how hard the game can be

I just hope, for once in GGG's life, this isn't a cracked out league mechanic that's overly rippy in the campaign for no reason, but I know that's too much to hope for

I can't believe what I'm reading, it literally hurts every fiber of my body.

Dude, I started this game back in Breach league, in Hardcore mode. In Hardcore. I probably made 25 characters who all died, and reached level 90 a few times. On every second character I tried creating my own build (they were absolute trash), yet it was really fun. And I still remember most of the deaths, that's how iconic and fun it was.

And you dare talk about people not able to finish the campaign ?! Huh. What.

In addition, the best two league moments by far in recent years were Delirium pre-nerf and Archnemesis pre-nerf. Why, cause it was fun, it was hard, the monsters and mechanics were difficult, it wasn't just a cakewalk as is every single league after the mandatory day 3 nerf...

Amazing videogames are always destroyed over time ; because of people whining and asking the devs for more QOL and less difficulty.
History repeats itself, happened to so many others games, like WoW for example...

But, meh, game will die soon enough. Affliction was the league that never should have been, and it will mark the beginning of the end. People want more loot, more ease of play, more QOL, access to everything more easily, more atlas trees, etc
But most players don't understand what's good for the long-term health of a game of this type. Game devs shouldn't listen to players most of the time, but sadly they do.

''You think you do, but you don't'' is actually be warranted, sometimes.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
Last edited by Senju_Hyoketsu on Mar 25, 2024, 8:34:11 PM
"

Dude, I started this game back in Breach league, in Hardcore mode. In Hardcore. I probably made 25 characters who all died, and reached level 90 a few times. On every second character I tried creating my own build (they were absolute trash), yet it was really fun. And I still remember most of the deaths, that's how iconic and fun it was.

You satrting in hardcore already shows that you are not avarage player. You are someone who dont mind dying and repeating same shit over and over. Avarage player will come to this game to check it out, will go with some random garbage build (because why would they llok for guide for a game they just started), will do few acts, will reach a point where they start constantly dying and they will just leave.
Not because its too hard. Not because they couldnt do it. They will leave because its just NOT FUN for them. People play games for fun. Ever heard that?
"
Aynix wrote:
"

You satrting in hardcore already shows that you are not avarage player. You are someone who dont mind dying and repeating same shit over and over. Avarage player will come to this game to check it out, will go with some random garbage build (because why would they llok for guide for a game they just started), will do few acts, will reach a point where they start constantly dying and they will just leave.
Not because its too hard. Not because they couldnt do it. They will leave because its just NOT FUN for them. People play games for fun. Ever heard that?

The difference is the mindset.

When I sit down to do something I'm interested in or that I like, I'm extremely immersed. And I already know I like these types of game as I was already here on Diablo 1 day-1. I know I like ARPG's.

I play this game genre because I like it, hence I have goals, ideas, a trajectory.

If people can't get past the campaign it's because they lack focus, they lack the desire and will to play this type of game. They lack focus, will and desire in general. They probably wouldn't have lasted long regardless.

I think that blaming the game for being too difficult, as in the reason people quit during the campaign, is kinda short-sighted.
In addition, not everything is for everyone, nor should it be.

They tried making WoW for everyone, the game is now trash, They tried making ARK for everyone, the game is now trash. They tried making D4 for everyone, the game is trash. They tried making the Star Wars movies for everyone, it is now absolute trash. etc etc

Path of Exile was ALWAYS supposed to be niche and ''hardcore'' (as in difficult).
So saying the game should be easy/easier is like you owning a dog, and expecting it to climb trees and act like a monkey.

ps: Path of Exile has already been casualized way too much
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
Last edited by Senju_Hyoketsu on Mar 25, 2024, 8:49:18 PM
"Make game into my liking because Im right".
Except you are not, because every time GGG made this game more casual friendly, it become more popular.
Maybe to you its trash, but there will be 10 or 50 people on your place that will say its great. Guess who pays more money? You or 50 other people?
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 25, 2024, 8:52:30 PM
"
Aynix wrote:

More like stop altering the game to cater to and please everyone, be faithful to the people that have been part of the journey for the past 10 years and made the company what it is today.

Keep the original philosophy and game design, instead of turning what was once an amazing game into an unrecognizable and bland monstrosity.

And of course ''Im right''.
#Diablo2
"
...what was once an amazing game...

It's still an amazing game.

In my eyes, they have absolutely stayed "faithful" to me and my hopes for the game, and just like you, I've been here for the "past 10 years". In your eyes, what was the "original philosophy and game design" you believe got lost along the way?

Do you think GGG as a company would be where "it is today" if PoE wouldn't have been progressive and ever-changing?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
"
Aynix wrote:

More like stop altering the game to cater to and please everyone, be faithful to the people that have been part of the journey for the past 10 years and made the company what it is today.

Keep the original philosophy and game design, instead of turning what was once an amazing game into an unrecognizable and bland monstrosity.

And of course ''Im right''.
#Diablo2

Games are made to make money, mainly, not to make you happy. Those old players wont keep the game alive, they already put money into the game and wont pay more (or if they will, only a little). Games need new players that will fund it. If they would stay as slow, difficult and boring DIablo 2 clone forever, it still would be be a game that barely anyone heard about.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 26, 2024, 4:18:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info