So I MUST interact with the league mechanic every new map or zone in campaign.

seems so tedious like original harvest was where you had to spend 10 minutes setting up the garden. dont know why they think players love micromanaging things
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 22, 2024, 6:09:39 PM
Ok some clarification because the thread has a lot of wrong info:

1. you only get the popup in the acts and maps, and only when you use a zone line, not the teleporter.

2. its not optional when it shows up. you can either accept the defaults on the screen, or reorganize things, but there is no choice to "not" apply them. Something about it being locked into your map device if you get that popup. you cannot view what a map has then sell/trade it.

3. "what you chose last zone affects the next zone" only applies to acts. Maps will instead always roll a random set of mods every time and you have no control over them like acts.

Its an annoying mechanic for people that are used to zooming.
You can "cheese" the mechanic some by charging into a zone with a teleporter and then reloading the zone when you restart a zone by teleporting to it, you do not get the league mechanic. if you reset at a zone line instead, you get the popup. (so you can farm blood aqueduct from the city entrance if you wanted the league mechanic enabled, not that anyone really does any longer)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.
Last edited by HurkWurk on Mar 22, 2024, 7:18:23 PM
"
HurkWurk wrote:

2. its not optional when it shows up. you can either accept the defaults on the screen, or reorganize things, but there is no choice to "not" apply them.

Has GGG confirmed that it's not optional, or are you assuming?

As I mentioned earlier, the lantern options can be completely bypassed by clicking on a zone entrance instead. Unless GGG have said otherwise, I am willing to bet that it is optional, else why would they offer two means of entering the same zone?
he literally said in the QA you cannot bypass it. They spent several minutes going over all the cases and the only skip is teleporting.
you click the zone line to accept your choices.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.
Last edited by HurkWurk on Mar 22, 2024, 7:41:19 PM
"
HurkWurk wrote:
he literally said in the QA you cannot bypass it. They spent several minutes going over all the cases and the only skip is teleporting.

Interesting. That's pretty poor design on their part then, especially considering that the zone entrance can be accidentally clicked before the lantern.

This is what I'm referring to, btw: https://youtu.be/QLFeErq1vEI?t=1347

Note the entrance highlighting.
Just like last league if you accidently clicked on the portal to go into the wildwood on an invested map that it was earlier in the league or another build you were rounding out and weren't ready for the wildwood yet, you HAD to do it. You also had to kill enemies which generates wisps because just sitting there didn't make the portal to leave. Why they didn't add a 'leave' button of any sorts is silly.
honestly it looks like a skip league for me.

thats fine, not every league has to be for everyone, im not mad, i dont rly have time to be playing anyway i got irl shit to be getting on with so im kind of glad im not tempted to play much.

but i absolutely hate having to constantly stop and read stuff, i just wanna farm i dont want to be endlessly jolted out of what im doing to read text, its the worst. i dont care if its rolling maps or reading quest dialogue scrolling in town or a mechanic like this, just absolutely fk anything that makes me stop playing every 5 mins to read some tedious shit.

if i want to spend significant time reading ill go read an actual book worth reading. more than likely ill listen to it on audio book while farming endgame in a game that isnt making me read a bunch of pointless bullshit. im able to play a map and interact with harvest and essences and niko and bestiary crafting mechanics without needing to stop and read something.

i have my time when i go into pob and im reading gems, reading passives, putting in a lot of thinking, planning my builds, i do that and im in that mindset. i get my plan, and then i go play the game. its not that i dont like reading and thinking, its that when i play i am in a mindstate, a zone of enjoying playing and i dont want some nonsense stopping me every few minutes asking me to go into a different mindstate. i despise it. do not want, ever, i hated this league mechanic the moment i saw it.

but theres going to be people out there who love it so its fine, good for them and i needed a 3-4 month break so good for me too.

Who wanna bet a lot of those mods gonna be omega rippy at the start and they will nerf it once or twice before the league will be "good enough"?
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 22, 2024, 9:09:03 PM
Honestly, making it non-skippable is a rookie error for devs who are pretty experienced at this point. I'm kind of surprised.
Last edited by t0lkien on Mar 22, 2024, 9:45:48 PM
Experience only matter if you learn from it.

Im sure player will LOVE micromanaging the cemetery, not like there is another league where this kind of things was hated.
Why am I still here

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info