They don't want zoomer gameplay it's glorious.

"
anti4z500 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Funny you say that because such genre appread mostly because ARPGS has become that. Thats how free makret works. People will play what they want, and if you want your game to be played, better give people what they want or die alone on your hill. Times of "games are supposed to be challenging" are long over. People just want to chill and have fun.

games need to have challenge. but that challenge needs to be fun and rewarding and not annoying like poe offers...

Yup thats why people like souls-like games being challenging and at the same time they hate artifical "challenge" devs love to put into games.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Funny you say that because such genre appread mostly because ARPGS has become that. Thats how free makret works. People will play what they want, and if you want your game to be played, better give people what they want or die alone on your hill. Times of "games are supposed to be challenging" are long over. People just want to chill and have fun.

games need to have challenge. but that challenge needs to be fun and rewarding and not annoying like poe offers...

Yup thats why people like souls-like games being challenging and at the same time they hate artifical "challenge" devs love to put into games.

You touched on an interesting point because in fact NOBODY really likes Soul-like games, DS1 and 2 are failed games with very mediocre sales, these games are purely mechanical and can be finished in MINUTES, even the best of them like Elder Ring is completely defeated in 20 minutes, purely mechanical fights are boring, tiring and once mastered they become tedious. the exact opposite of what an ARPG should be, whose idea is to have gameplay so simple and fun that you want to repeat it over and over again, and with different classes and skills (etc..).
Killing the player is RIDICULOUSLY simple, you do it with a line of programming.
Making a really memorable and fun game is MUCH more complicated and that's why companies bet on the upper hand. Before, games had stupid things, HKs, real barriers to progress because the memory space was small, so we had extremely mechanical games to prolong the game's duration. Today this is just a crutch for those who have nothing to really deliver. Focusing on mechanical boss fights that obliterate everything with 1/2 hit is the path to failure. because when I finished DS3 I got the disc, sealed it and sold it and never played it again, Elder Ring I finished it and never went back. Is this what they want for PoE, that when we finish killing an uber uber, we'll still be so tired that we'll never come back? because D4 was like this for uber lilith....

(Sorry for the English mistakes, I used a translator :p)
Nah, there are people who like souls-like game and play all of them. The diffrence is, those kind of games are "finish once and forget it exists" and ofc are niche compared to other genres.
POE1 didn't start with zoomer gameplay too though.
"
poeGT wrote:

they didn't have the capabilities then
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
poeGT wrote:

Do you feel it Art? The suffering the whining the giant essays thesis.

It won't be here for awhile! But it be glorious.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

It's the source of all my power xD
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
In addition to what has already been pointed out, look how quickly the boss health depletes in the latest Ranger trailer, on what we can assume is a pretty basic build.

On the whole, it's best to temper your expectations slightly, else you might be the one writing giant essays. ;)
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
poeGT wrote:

Better check videos of ACTUAL gameplay that we finally can watch now. Even in Ac 2 they alrea already zooming like in PoE. Mathil is literally oneshoting entire packs of monsters on lvl 20 Ranger with barely any gear.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 25, 2024, 8:34:24 AM
I watch Alkaiser / Avoidthepudding

No it's not zoom zooma at all ANY mob that hits you; takes 3/4 of your HP.

You will die a lot Alk even stated that you're not going to zoom no matter how hard you try you will die.

And hes the lord of melee basically in that group so yeah no.

''Ranger'' was OP was in most discussions of every top tier streamer so no that's going to be nerfed johnathan WANTS this shit to be hard. You won't zoom I promise you that lol

https://youtu.be/CQXR3vg0tt8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIPxZ78pQk4

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 25, 2024, 8:48:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info